Patch 1.20 Changelog

+
Really good changes are coming via this patch, however, a question:

"Adds option in Options/Gameplay to enable enemy level upscaling. If foes are too
easy to defeat due to level difference, upscaling will render them a challenge. Change
will not affect experience point gain, loot, or quest rewards. Option can be enabled
or disabled at any time, even during combat (however, Vitality/Essence of foes is
then fully restored)."

So, enemies that have higher level won't also scale down? So only lower level enemies would scale up to Geralt's level other than the way around as well?

Looks like the Levity/Balance/Heft enchantment issue regarding Stamina Regen values is still not fixed. =/
I did submit a ticket for it in Jan 2016, so the only hope I have now is that may be they forgot to add it in the log, but did actually fix it? Don't know.
Which bug is that?

So, enemies that have higher level won't also scale down? So only lower level enemies would scale up to Geralt's level other than the way around as well?
Yeah I think since it says "upscaling" it's only if people find it less challenging and not the opposite.(Opposite is already dropping difficulty level I guess?)

Last edited:
Great changes but I'm kinda afraid that this patch won't fix the graphics downgrade issues which Xbox One users have since Patch 1.10 :'(

Impressive Change Log! I read somewhere that NG+ will now adjust to the level you start it with, but didn't read anything about it in the changelog? Is that a change that will come with Blood and Wine then?

Fantastic changes.

I was going to play some this weekend, but i think i might wait until Blood and Wine comes to experience all the changes with the new content so it's all completely fresh.

I don't think the enemies will scale down. For example, if you are level 40 and the intended level for "something" (a quest, a monster...) was level 22, then it scales up to your level, making the enemies harder to defeat. If the intended level for "something" was higher than your level, however, then I suppose you yourself would have to reach higher level, no scaling down in that case. Plus you can turn it on and off so no problem with the enemies scaling down. I am not sure but that's how I see it

Last edited:
Thank you, CDPR!

After 10 years being spoiled by your dedication and respect I don't know what else to say.... And today it's not the 31th yet!

There are so much nuances in this note, things that didn't necessarily need to be changed, but you guys did it anyways, and based on user feedback too. This is a real treat, an update I'm really looking forward to try out before starting Blood & Wine. Cheers!

It seems these kinds of "leaks" tend to happen on the XB1, if I recall correctly they also got some alternate outfit DLC(s) early. :)

Just fired up my xbox, no patch. This might be a regional thing though, so if the reports are legit, we are all going to get the patch later today, regardless of platform.

Um. never mind :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom