Patch 1.20 Changelog

+
Is it 15 gigs including the B&W pre-load? Was just googling it and some sites report it's about 2.9 gigs. I'm assuming that's excluding a expansion pass pre-load? Can anyone confirm. Is it just "bolt on" like the previous patch was?
As far as I understand, the B&W files themselves will be 10 - 15 GBs, depending on which platform players use. I believe the 1.20 patch download is separate from these.

From the
FAQ:
Q: What will be the size of the download file for the Blood and Wine expansion?
A: 10-15GB, depending on your platform.

Anyway, what I wanted to ask is if you could be so kind as to see if the framerate issues are still present in Novigrad (mainly the fish market and Hierarch Square) and sometime in Oxenfurt as of latest patch. I'd appreciate it.

As already answered... Yes! Novigrad is much better now, mostly through the little details. Oxenfurt... is a Little better, but not that much. There Is still problems on npc's tattoos (resolving quickly, now) and on some tents.

Now, Skellige... Damn, I'm loving it. The air, the sun, the grass... all look much better.

Is it 15 gigs including the B&W pre-load? Was just googling it and some sites report it's about 2.9 gigs. I'm assuming that's excluding a expansion pass pre-load? Can anyone confirm. Is it just "bolt on" like the previous patch was?

Just Blood and Wine is 15gb. The uptade alone was 2.87 on Xbox.

Can anyone tell me if red mutagens are more common now with the patch? Thanks.

I played 2 hours today, and killing just Nekkers, Foglets and Drowners on Velen, and I didn't get any. On Skellige however, I do found some more.

Already live on Xbox One. Version 1.21

Game looks amazing, cant wait for BaW

PS: You get a full XP bar for free with the update '-'

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing missing is turning off auto camera position which is annoying on horse, but otherwise really decent patch, shame they can't do all this before I completed main game lol, the people who wait really get the best experience don't they, fans who pre order get worst

---------- Updated at 11:09 PM ----------

Wait, you say skellige looks better after patch as in they've upgraded graphics? Find that hard to believe tbh

oh yeah. im downloading the expansion right now! (i'm on ps4)
should i pause it and wait? something tells me it would be more correct to install the patch first...

Attachments

• ohyeah.jpeg
    ohyeah.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 35
The quest "From Ofier's Distant Shores" is still glitched for me. Specifically the bandit camp chest. So that kind of sucks.

I got it. Confused the hell out of me since Marcin kept saying the patch wasn't out. Gotta say though my enjoyment of the game doubled after getting it, QoL is much improved.

I've done some digging and I can't get the one of the cards cause it's glitched. A guy I rescued was supposed to go to Claywich and is a shopkeeper, but he never showed up. So there is no way I'm getting the card, unless the game is patched again and that is added.... this blows I only need 2 cards and I need both of them from the trader in Claywich and it's glitched for me....fantastic, that's just great.

Last edited:
I've done some digging and I can't get the one of the cards cause it's glitched. A guy I rescued was supposed to go to Claywich and is a shopkeeper, but he never showed up. So there is no way I'm getting the card, unless the game is patched again and that is added.... this blows I only need 2 cards and I need both of them from the trader in Claywich and it's glitched for me....fantastic, that's just great.

Not glitched, this guy just takes his sweet time. Keep meditating, doing other quests.. He'll show up.

should i pause it and wait? something tells me it would be more correct to install the patch first...

I had the same question,
If patch 1.20 was needed for B&W, it would have not installed.
Mine just installed without latest patch. Hope everything just works as intended after the patch installs later on Monday !

I see there is also still no option to turn on HairWorks for creatures only (Off for Geralt)...something we've been asking for since the game was released....

Any idea when will Nvidia Ansel show up in TW3? (seeing how even it's also the poster game on it's website)
Being a cinematographer/photographer by profession makes me waiting for this even more so. :S
Also wondering whether the game will have a photo-mode in itself or will it work cross-function with a separate Nvidia app

@Marcin Momot can you shed any light on this? :D

The patch will come out obviously tomorrow (May 30), but before the DLC will be activated at 00:00:01 May 31.

So, there is nothing to worry about!

Top Bottom