Patch 1.20 Changelog

+
Thanks very much for many improvements I will appreciate very much, overall regarding the inventory. I hope they will work on PS4 as well.

Honestly... it's what I have said in another thread:

We are really starting to venture into the kindergarten now. Marcin is investigating the mysterious case of the apparently finished and released patch. It wasn't supposed to be released before the weekend, but it was. We are also still investigating the mysterious case of no one being able to answer a simple question: will there be a preload option for gog? A question I have been asking and been asking to put forward, which it was, like nearly a week now. It's their platform. Marcin is probably also still investigating the leak of several screenshots on Tuesday when they were supposed to be released on Friday, maybe he is even investigating who put the shitty music in the launch trailer.

This is what happens when nobody knows nothing about anything. There was no official communication or any gameplan for the Patch release, now it's out and nobody knows who released it or why. Probably someone at Microsoft thought: we had that thing sitting around here for 2 weeks now, they released the patch log, so I might as well release it for XBOX. The same goes for the preload, instead of answering the question and offering the option the game will hit and the servers will crash and burn because 1,5 mio people who own the game via gog (2015 numbers) will press download and bring the servers to their knees instead of having people start the preload well in advance and simply having them relaunch gog once the launch is official so that it unlocks.

So excuse me for saying this but: HOW HARD CAN IT BE?

Honestly... it's what I have said in another thread:

We are really starting to venture into the kindergarten now. Marcin is investigating the mysterious case of the apparently finished and released patch. It wasn't supposed to be released before the weekend, but it was. We are also still investigating the mysterious case of no one being able to answer a simple question: will there be a preload option for gog? A question I have been asking and been asking to put forward, which it was, like nearly a week now. It's their platform. Marcin is probably also still investigating the leak of several screenshots on Tuesday when they were supposed to be released on Friday, maybe he is even investigating who put the shitty music in the launch trailer.

This is what happens when nobody knows nothing about anything. There was no official communication or any gameplan for the Patch release, now it's out and nobody knows who released it or why. Probably someone at Microsoft thought: we had that thing sitting around here for 2 weeks now, they released the patch log, so I might as well release it for XBOX. The same goes for the preload, instead of answering the question and offering the option the game will hit and the servers will crash and burn because 1,5 mio people who own the game via gog (2015 numbers) will press download and bring the servers to their knees instead of having people start the preload well in advance and simply having them relaunch gog once the launch is official so that it unlocks.

So excuse me for saying this but: HOW HARD CAN IT BE?

Attachments

• dawson_crying-500x375c.jpg
    dawson_crying-500x375c.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 33
There definitely seems to be improvements with the sound. Especially for thunderstorms. I noticed a clear difference when I was diving underwater during one. There's a deep muffled rumble of thunder when you're underwater that I don't remember ever experiencing after 4 playthroughs.

I'm playing with the 1.21 patch and, It is really awesome - a true Enhanced Edition, even. Just got a "problem", the custom mark shows itself on the map and the distance till it, but doesn't show which direction I need to follow (I need to determine it by the distance remaining). Actually, I even think this is cool, so no problem.hehe Just would like to know if I'm the only one with that, if is a bug, or purposeful!?

Furthermore...

We win a level with the patch!! :)

I just revisited my Witcher 3 savegame the other day and that Gwent Collect 'Em All quest really bothered me and thought it would be nice if it can list the missing cards if the number is 10 or less. Now it's highlighted in this patch.

I also want to make/upgrade all of my bombs, oil etc. and think it'd be nice if we can track missing ingredients for alchemy or crafting, like in an mmo by clicking it on the quest and it'll be shown on the map, but here by clicking on the missing ingredient.
Seems like these ones from the changelog are the answer to this.
-Increases incidence of, and thus chances of finding, several monster-based ingredients required for crafting high level alchemy formulae.
-Improves Crafting panel in merchant shops. Adds option to purchase missing diagram components directly from Crafting panel when talking to merchant, as well as clearer descriptions and option to resize item descriptions.

so tyvm. :D

For the custom mark not showing up.. Happened to me too right after I downloaded, save and reloading fixed it and it hasn't happened since. Small bug, easy fix.

Last edited:
It's great you guys have so much fun with it... I guess Marcin's "investigation" will reveal something went wrong and not to worry since we will get the Patch in 2 days time... just so typical. Jesus the Patch is out so release it already system wide. That at least gives the modders a chance to go at it.

@RezoInverse

I suppose you're playing on X1, since, apparently this is the only platform where the patch "leaked". I don't see an update prompt when I start my copy of the game though...

Anyway, what I wanted to ask is if you could be so kind as to see if the framerate issues are still present in Novigrad (mainly the fish market and Hierarch Square) and sometime in Oxenfurt as of latest patch. I'd appreciate it.

@RezoInverse

I suppose you're playing on X1, since, apparently this is the only platform where the patch "leaked". I don't see an update prompt when I start my copy of the game though...

Anyway, what I wanted to ask is if you could be so kind as to see if the framerate issues are still present in Novigrad (mainly the fish market and Hierarch Square) and sometime in Oxenfurt as of latest patch. I'd appreciate it.

Everything is much smoother, noticeably better in novigrad.

Can anyone tell me if red mutagens are more common now with the patch? Thanks.

There is no information on exactly which ingredients are dropped more frequently, only that "several monster-based ingredients required for crafting high level alchemy formulae" now have a higher chance of being found. On a related note, I wonder if this is affected by the enemy upscaling option, that is, for example, would common low level drowners be replaced with the darker colored high level ones that sometimes drop a lesser red mutagen, or would they stay the same, just higher level ? Although I suspect it is the latter, and that is also easier to implement.

Ok, so, I've read every single post on this thread so far. First off, send Microsoft to the principals office for leaking the patch and in a sense screwing over PS4 and PC players in the process. Second, for the love of everything holy, we know the patch is ready, Just release it platform wide already!!! Been waiting weeks now and tired of all the teasers, ready to dive back into it. Third and finally, CD Project Red, You guys are awesome!!! You actually listen to players and do your best to give them what they want. Reading through the Change Log, I counted at least 5 mods I will no longer need once the patch releases....Thank you for saving my load time lol. Keep up the great work and I guess I'll have to wait a few more days to enjoy what others are already enjoying on X1!!!!

@LgBlindMan

I think only a minority of X1 players have taken advantage of the leak. I for one don't see any update prompt when I launch Witcher 3 on my console.

Patch 1.2 THANK YOU!!!!!

I couldn't help but take a break from my gameplay to give my exuberant thanks for your visual reformat of the interface.

I'm a "retirement gamer" with less than good vision and I've had to lean forward and get my face to 1m or less from my 40" display in order to almost read the menus. No longer! I may even be able to sit back in the chair and play, but we'll see.

Just one question so far. Is there a quick way to see the new items in inventory? It no longer lists them first.

PS Did I remember to say thanks?

Top Bottom