Patch 1.20 Changelog

+
Adds option in Options/Gameplay to disable automatic drawing and sheathing ofsword.

AT LAAAAAAAAAAST! :affection:

It took only a year to implement this! Can't wait next year for Auto Camera Centering OFF!

AT LAAAAAAAAAAST! :affection:

It took only a year to implement this! Can't wait next year for Auto Camera Centering OFF!
I don't know why, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Geralt still unsheathes his weapon automatically during quests (haven't yet tried outside the quest) and when I sheathe it, he's still in agro mode... Not sure how it supposed to work...
Gonna verify game files now, just see what it does. GoGG is downloading 1,5GBs...

I honestly wholly dislike this new patch. The HUD is too big, and now I don't have an option to change it. The text is much larger than needed, as with almost every menu. I don't mind the organisation of it all, but it doesn't have to be huge, I'm not blind. The minimap takes up a good portion and now my health bar is too big. I wish they would either give me an option to revert to the previous UI configuration, or at the very least make it somewhat smaller. I have it at the smallest setting and it's just big and frustrating. And Roach's tail is gone, so there's that.

I don't know why, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Geralt still unsheathes his weapon automatically during quests (haven't yet tried outside the quest) and when I sheathe it, he's still in agro mode... Not sure how it supposed to work...
Gonna verify game files now, just see what it does. GoGG is downloading 1,5GBs...

Did you go into the options under gameplay to turn it on

Did you go into the options under gameplay to turn it on
Thanks, capt'n, but I went through all the options once I installed the patch ;)
Anyway, it seems that manual sheathe and unsheathe were not what I expected. During a quest Geralt still automatically unsheathes his weapon, and when you sheathe it inside combat Geralt still remains in agro mode.
At least outside the quest you have full control (except for agro mode). Finally Geralt doesn't unsheathe his sword when galloping through a bunch of wolves.

Last edited:
Auto-Camera Centering is in this patch, at least for PC. It is a setting under the "Gameplay" sub-menu.

And you're right! I haven't seen it mentioned in the changelog, yet it's a game changer for me (especially on horseback).

Posted on GOG but the only reply so far is a suggestion I don't want to follow. (DO NOT use Galaxy)
I like using Galaxy. Over 1,555 hours with the game so far and never a problem. Except few ones similar to this when big patches/expansion were released. Since last one was like 7 months ago, I can't remember exactly how I fixed it. If anyone here can help, I'm grateful:
Galaxy d/l'ed the 5GB patch, got the script error, deleted the mods folders, game launched but to a black screen loop. Veryfy/Repair downloaded some extra 8MB only, got stuck at 83.3% moving files, forever. After a few hours, I stopped it and tried Verify/Repair again and now it gets stuck at the "getting file list".
Already cleaned "web cache" but it didn't help. Sometimes it goes to downloading but never leaves Zero (d/l never starts). Sometimes it gets stuck at the getting file list.

Any suggestions, please? Last time, I left it trying to get it for hours and still nothing.

EDIT (post on GOG): Just found out that launching game from the .exe, out of Galaxy, it runs perfectly, 1.21 installed and worked. Problem is with Galaxy. Which I got used to use to play. (hours / achievements register and stuff) How can I make it recognize that game is already OK? LOL

Now it is just a matter of making Galaxy reckon that the game is ok! Without it, Galaxy says Game Corrupted but game runs just fine! =)
(haven't killed anything yet though. Is cap level removed? I might get the xp bug at level 70... that would suck!)

Last edited:
This is super annoying! I was playing the game on xbox one and it just randomly closes (didn't get to save it no idea where it will start off after it updates) and am forced to download this update! Is it really that important that it has to close the game and force it on me rather than wait until I stop playing and turn it on next?

This is super annoying! I was playing the game on xbox one and it just randomly closes (didn't get to save it no idea where it will start off after it updates) and am forced to download this update! Is it really that important that it has to close the game and force it on me rather than wait until I stop playing and turn it on next?
Isn't there a config setting that let you choose between automatically downloading/installing patches or just receiving notifications about them and then you can choose when to install? In your XBOX, I mean. I'm console illiterate. Never had one! =))

Nope but normally it waits until the next time you load up the game! Never been kicked off a game in order to be updated was so mad and confused I made this account! to voice my anger and confusion!

Apparently Galaxy is downloading what I think to be B&W. 8.6 GB - Hope it fixes the Galaxy issue then. And I insist. Galaxy is very good, never had an issue except minor ones like the one I described above. Compared to intrusive launchers like Origin or Steam, Galaxy is a blessing!

Downloading blood and wine right now from EU PSN. Could not find it when I used check for update, but it showed up as free with the option to download when I went to ps-store searched for witcher 3 and clicked on ad ons.

EDIT: Playing it now. The new menu-song is sweet. Its late over here, but I dont give a shit.

Last edited:
For the sake of sharing good info. GOG Galaxy issue is resolved to me.
Liosan GOG Galaxy team
I might suggest the following:
- shutdown Galaxy
- delete the folder C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage (this will make Galaxy forget all the games it has installed)
- restart Galaxy
- use Scan&Import from the dropdown menu in the upper left corner to import The Witcher 3 (and any other GOG games; you can just point it at C:\GOG Games or wherever you have your game directories, it should find them all)

This should effectively clear anythign Galaxy knows about the game and then fill the database from scratch. The game should update automatically. If it doesn't - it might be something on your computer interfering, for example antivirus software?
Liosan

I'm still unable to get the B&W 8 gig download to start, even after a fresh import into the library. It just gets stuck at the getting file list and nothing happens. I'm downloading the files manually, will install them then re-import after deleting the storage folder. Hope it works! No AV is interfering, that's for sure. Might be something with the registry but that's just a wild guess. I'll let you know if it works. =))

And... it WORKED! WOOHOO
B&W d/l'ed and installed, then imported into Galaxy (which still tried to get the file list - aborted) hit Play and it is all good with game and all expansion installed, first screen is the tutorial on how to start it and my 15th playthrough with my top Geralt ever, lvl 70, can now continue after 1,555 hours playing and a 7 months break! FINALLLY!

I don't know if this is caused by this patch or because I re-installed all DLCs the other day.

I walked around Velen because 'A Miraculous Guide to Gwent' told me there are 2 cards left in this area, and I happened to visit Lurtch which is a Quest area for Fool's Gold (the quest DLC with magic pigs) and I already finished the quest soon after it came out. There's a Yellow exclamation mark and when I approached the bandits and talked to them it triggered the Fool's Gold quest cutscene, and after that : (I did a few tries)
- It crashed one time
- The bandits just stood there doing nothing with all of them at lv -1, (there was no quest iirc)
- The bandits just stood there doing nothing with all of them at lv 3 (Fool's Gold quest triggered and entered Secondary Quests list)
- The bandits just stood there doing nothing with all of them at lv 38 (probably because of level scaling), (Fool's Gold quest triggered and entered Secondary Quests list)

There was no way to re-do the quest because they couldn't be killed and weren't aggresive, they just froze there but the quest entered quest list. I just reload and avoid this area but the yellow exclamation mark is still there. I hope it won't mess other things.

@RageGT : wow lv 70 , are you going to use the new enemy level scaling introduced in this patch when playing BnW ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom