Patch 1.20 Out Now!

+
Anyone experiencing that their GPU's temperature rises after patch installed? Or is it just me paranoing?

Do you have data to compare it too or is it just some feeling you get? Personally I didn't notice it. Unless you have data to compare it to (how hot your GPU was before the patch when playing the game and how hot it gets now) this will be a hard one to answer.

Do you have data to compare it too or is it just some feeling you get? Personally I didn't notice it. Unless you have data to compare it to (how hot your GPU was before the patch when playing the game and how hot it gets now) this will be a hard one to answer.
Oddly, it was somewhere 40-45'c, now its around 65'c

It is very odd indeed that it was 40-45° before... while playing WITCHER 3. Are you really sure about that? :surprised2:

40° is like the standard temperature on the desktop.

I do agree with that. Unless you constantly iced your GPU, which for the record I do advise against, 40 is basically the normal temperature when booting up the pc. 60-65 is absolutely fine and normal.

I do agree with that. Unless you constantly iced your GPU, which for the record I do advise against, 40 is basically the normal temperature when booting up the pc. 60-65 is absolutely fine and normal.

I noticed from my fan sound, its much louder now, before patch i barely heard it during gameplay. My cooler is on default mode. GPU's temp now is 65, so i guess its normal then..

Well who knows... I didn't notice it and my GPU runs normally at 40 degrees and goes to 60-65 upon playing a game like the Witcher 3. So I consider it normal.

Everything seems to be working well on my end. I'm on the PS4 and just booted up the game for the first time with patch 1.20. I like the larger fonts and what they did with the inventories.

Regarding the patch there are a lot of changes and fixes, but with everything good there seems to be the price to pay in the form of bad changes. :)
My biggest gripe so far is the redesigned quick access menu. While it's nice to be able to scroll through available bolts for the crossbow, why do I have to scroll to choose bombs or item when there are only two of each!!!.
Whats worse is that it always defaults to the first slot of the bomb or item. So if I select second bomb (for example grapeshot), then crossbow and want to select grapeshot again I have to scroll again, which is really stupid. The game could at least remember the last item that was chosen in that slot. And better - we could have two slots as before - to be able to directly choose what we want. After all in the top semicircle we have 5 signs, so why cant we have five slots as before in the lower semicircle but with added scrolling for crossbow bolts. That would be ideal.
Unless with Blood and Wine there are going to be more slots for items and bombs and this is in preparation for that. But if that's the case at least the last selection could be remembered.
Regarding inventory - well I would take sub categories split into separate tabs over current version (more like Witcher 2 actually :) ) - potions and bombs section has three columns with 3 items a row and Potion column is 3 times taller than others (wasted space and unnecessary scrolling), Alchemy and crafting - a lot of scrolling because alchemy column is narrower and 4 times as long as crafting, which seems empty and unused in comparison - madness! :). And sorting by type is still broken - potions mixed up with decoctions.

Also not sure if it's just me, but every time I fast travel some place, Geralt punches right as you get there.

And another thing. The music around Skellige seems to have become a bit bugged out - for example the Kaer Trolde music no longer plays and seems to have been replaced by a version of the normal exploration track. Any of you guys experience this as well?

Anyway, I did report this to support, so let's see how it goes.

First thing I noticed is that my experience was maxed out for my level (2000/2000), no matter what savegame I loaded. Basically I received free experience up to the next level.

Also not sure if it's just me, but every time I fast travel some place, Geralt punches right as you get there.

Yep. I'm also experiencing major, up-close pop-in in Novigrad. I'm tweaking settings and mods before I file a ticket but it definitely was not there before.

First thing I noticed was no notification when my leveled increase. But overall I like being able to set back from the TV and be able to read everything on screen when looking at the inventory screen

Dammit! Why update at 4 pm EST? I wanted to get about 5-6 more levels of XP in today before the launch, but now I can't start my game because some of my mods are now incompatible.

Core mods like Walk by Defalt, No Camera Centering, and Immersive HUD!

Regarding the new patch [Positive]

Thank you CDPR for making mods I used for a specific reason, obsolete.

A number of the mods I used for Witcher Wild Hunt, are now completely irrelevant because the game has been patched to include the functionality gained from said mod.

Well done CDPR for giving us what we wanted in a patch, instead of relying on external third party mods.

Top Bottom