Patch 1.22 now available on all platforms

+
So apparently patch 1.22 has introduced a whole new set of problems to the Be It Ever So Humble epilogue. Spoilers below, do not read if you haven't reached this point in the game yet. Also FYI, I am playing on the PS4 in NG+

Prior to patch 1.22, Triss and Yennefer were both wont to stand in the master bedroom at Corvo Bianco and stare at an indeterminent point in the wall. Sometimes they would also stand on the bed rather than going to sleep. In addition, there were texture/placement problems with Triss and Yennefer on the divan outside of Corvo Bianco. Once Geralt terminated his conversation with them and walked away, they would appear to be floating or hovering to the side of this piece of furniture, rather than actually reclining upon it. Now the last problem appears to be solved for some reason - Triss is actually reclining on the furniture - but regardless of the time of day, whether it is morning, noon, or night, she never goes inside the estate, but remains permanently outdoors.

For a detailed and up-to-date list of all the bugs pertaining to this quest, please see my link:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...So-Humble-Epilogue-quot?p=2596001#post2596001

Maybe that Roach tale is something similar like I had with character page at one game. Once the bug was there, it wasn't removed even with patches. Once I started new game, it wasn't there anymore and I haven't seen it since.

Maybe that Roach tale is something similar like I had with character page at one game. Once the bug was there, it wasn't removed even with patches. Once I started new game, it wasn't there anymore and I haven't seen it since.
That could be it yes, although the question is, can I start NG+ or does this have to be a brand new game ?

That could be it yes, although the question is, can I start NG+ or does this have to be a brand new game ?

Hmmm... When I lost my bookstore merchant permanently in one of my games, he came back when I started NG+. At least you can see it right when you start NG+. Have you tried that knight saddle trick? Someone posted it here somewhere. Buy "ass covering" knight saddle from Toussaint, put it on and then remove it. It should bring the tail back. Hopefully.

Hmmm... When I lost my bookstore merchant permanently in one of my games, he came back when I started NG+. At least you can see it right when you start NG+. Have you tried that knight saddle trick? Someone posted it here somewhere. Buy "ass covering" knight saddle from Toussaint, put it on and then remove it. It should bring the tail back. Hopefully.
Yes, I'm the one who posted that trick ^^ Doesn't work in Toussaint. In Velen yes, but only as long as Roach stays on the map, I tried everything from fast travelling to drowning Roach in order to reset her, but no. Also, instead of having no tail at all in Velen I now have the new braided tail asset hanging like twelve cm from roach's butt. And this was straight with the update, before I tried anything. While last time I saved in 1.21, the horse was fine in Velen.

Anyway I'm trying a clean install right now. So that all the updates aren't overwritten one after the other. We'll see.

Not sure if this was supposed to have been fixed a while ago but i'm still getting two ciris in my cutscenes, very distracting. Also on her mission during the quest "get junior", after using her ability, blink, she was literally blinking the whole time during that part, glowing blue/green and blinking.
I also had an invulnerable wraith in the viper treasure hunt in white orchard on NG+, luckily I got around it by running away so it despawned.
Since Blood and wine my witcher 3 has had more bugs than previously, maybe I was lucky as I didn't have as many problems as others, but damn i'm getting my fair share now :(
This is all on PS4.

Starting a new game solves it. However, i've more than 100 hours on my current save (Death March NG+) and starting a new game now wouldn't be that simple. Roach's tail is gone only on Velen/Novigrad so i guess i will have to deal with it for now. As i'm entering that part of history when you don't use Roach too much (After taking Uma to Kaer Morhen, aside from HoS expansion) guess i will be able to endure it. I believe the tail will be there in Toussaint as it's normal once you enter a new area. A simple question to you guys, as i haven't played BaW yet, can someone please tell me if i can get there, buy the saddle without affecting history too much, and then go back to the main game? Thank you.

Starting a new game solves it. However, i've more than 100 hours on my current save (Death March NG+) and starting a new game now wouldn't be that simple. Roach's tail is gone only on Velen/Novigrad so i guess i will have to deal with it for now. As i'm entering that part of history when you don't use Roach too much (After taking Uma to Kaer Morhen, aside from HoS expansion) guess i will be able to endure it. I believe the tail will be there in Toussaint as it's normal once you enter a new area. A simple question to you guys, as i haven't played BaW yet, can someone please tell me if i can get there, buy the saddle without affecting history too much, and then go back to the main game? Thank you.
I wouldn't advise it story wise. As you know you've got to start main B&W quest to get there, in doing so you get caught in a new story arc almost instantly, so it would feel wrong to me to let it rest right in the middle of things. But after all, it really depends on how much do you care about roleplay. :) Hope it answers your question.

I wouldn't advise it story wise. As you know you've got to start main B&W quest to get there, in doing so you get caught in a new story arc almost instantly, so it would feel wrong to me to let it rest right in the middle of things. But after all, it really depends on how much do you care about roleplay. :) Hope it answers your question.
Answered perfectly. Story is the core of anything to me, even though i really like to appreciate the game envinroment (Roach included). But if that is the case, guess i will just wait to do it whole later and deal with No Tail Roach for now. Thank you.

Good god man, love you guys but 19.740 GB for this update (PS4)!!!! Why are some only dl 3GB???

My installation is stuck (xbox one) how big is this update? It claims to need 1797.7 MB to install but I have 2.1GB free so what's going on? nothing I can really uninstall to get this to work so am I stuck not being able to play the witcher just because a horses tail doesn't show up?

My installation is stuck (xbox one) how big is this update? It claims to need 1797.7 MB to install but I have 2.1GB free so what's going on? nothing I can really uninstall to get this to work so am I stuck not being able to play the witcher just because a horses tail doesn't show up?
I don't know with these patches man, my update was 3.2 Gb

Good god man, love you guys but 19.740 GB for this update (PS4)!!!! Why are some only dl 3GB???

Have you deleted your game, and did a re-installation?
Only then you may see that BIG number.

Otherwise the size for this new patch should be around 3.2 GB for both platforms! <PS4 & XBOX One>

Have you deleted your game, and did a re-installation?
Only then you may see that BIG number.

Otherwise the size for this new patch should be around 3.2 GB for both platforms! <PS4 & XBOX One>

Nope. Haven't done anything like that. I have both dlc installed, the game size was showing like 60+ gb before the update. I have the disc version. Havent played Blood yet but had just finished HoS. I had recently cleared the PS4 cache or whatever by rebuilding the database and when it booted back up the dl started and it showed 19.7gb. Took about 2-3 hours. I;m just wondering why the install size seems to vary so much. I;ve seen other posts saying the size was this large and plenty saying it was only around 3-4. So just curious. I haven t tried to play it yet but wonder what circumstances cause it to be such a large install. Getting to be a bit ridiculous nowadays when updates are common everyday particularly if you own both systems and many are HUGE. Its like 50MB internet speeds arent really enough anymore. Wish developer would comment on why there is such variability in install sizes. Oh well.

But please come back and tell us how that installation works :)[/QUOTE]

So I can now confirm that a fresh install doesn't do squat... but hey, I think it might help with fps issues, albeit ever so slightly, so there that...

Everything seems good here so far fortunately. Started the Blood dlc. Will post if I notice anything weird. Again, I had both dlc installed , had just finished Hearts, but hadn't started Blood. My update was 19.7GB and I'm on PS4.

Top Bottom