Patch 1.22 now available on all platforms

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Patch 1.22 now available on all platforms

Patch 1.22 is now available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One!

View the full changelog here.

Most notable changes are as follows:
  • Fixes issue whereby Corvo Bianco upgrades would not complete if players left Toussaint while an upgrade was in progress.
  • Fixes issue whereby Roach would not move during the quest "The Warble of a Smitten Knight."
  • Fixes issue whereby Roach's tail could vanish.

Waited five days in sweet anticipation for the patch on Xbox, downloaded it today.... Roachs tail still isn't there and new game plus still sets enemies way higher in level, even with enemy upscaling off.... What's going on?

Thanks for the heads up CDPR.

I'm downloading as we speak. <PS4>

Can't say about the tail. Wii look at it, if the patch is finished downloading.

Yep Roach's tail still missing for me on Xbox. Thought it might be from the save file on v1.21 so manually saved on 1.22 and reloaded. No joy :(

Last edited:
Ah, finally! Haven't loaded it yet though, maybe tomorrow.

So this doesn't fix everything if you already have a buggy save file?

Downloading now. I truly hope the music is fixed. I played so much of b+w in silence idk if I should start it over. It was so disappointing. That and the game crash in the very first b+w quest in velen forcing me to choose different dialogue or else the game would crash. B+w bugs have really been an exercise in patience.

iCake

Forum veteran
Oh, my xbox started to download the whole game instead of just the patch. Just com'on!

Last edited:
Yep, Roach's tail is still missing for me too, but now it's everywhere, not just in Toussaint. Also the mane is missing too. Switching saddles work everywhere but in Toussaint. Much like before, albeit a bit worse. I think I'll try a clean install.

Thank heavens for this:

" Fixes issue whereby borders established during the "Night of Long Fangs" quest would

sometimes exist after completing the quest, preventing users from exploring Toussaint."

This bug had stuffed up my whole game after completing the main quest line.......I could not explore the map. Now I can finally do a map clean up

Last edited:
Just updated it, tail still missing. I'm starting to think that by could vanish, they really mean it. If it already has, then there is no fix. Really sad, seems like an easy thing to fix.

For those still missing Roach's tail, here's something to try: Leave her somewhere, and go far away (another region, or until Roach is no longer displayed on the mini-map), then try calling her again. The graphic for her tail may simply need time to 'refresh', as it were.

For me, she still has her tail in Skellige (Ive not been to Toussaint yet, and not checked in White Orchard/Kaer Morhen).
I have a pre HoS save in Novigrad (1.12) and she has her tail, I suspect I could continue on that save and it might not vanish again, but thats a lot of stuff to replay as I'm ready (and waiting) to head to Toussaint.

---------- Updated at 06:40 PM ----------

For those still missing Roach's tail, here's something to try: Leave her somewhere, and go far away (another region, or until Roach is no longer displayed on the mini-map), then try calling her again. The graphic for her tail may simply need time to 'refresh', as it were.

Tried that, went to Skellige, her tail's back. Saved. Went back to Oxenfurt, no tail.. mediatated, ran away from her, played entirely on foot for an autosave, etc..

Sadly, didn't work. Well, as it seems nothing can be done, will keep playing normally and see what happens (will try not to care about it)

Tried that, went to Skellige, her tail's back. Saved. Went back to Oxenfurt, no tail.. mediatated, ran away from her, played entirely on foot for an autosave, etc..
Sadly, didn't work. Well, as it seems nothing can be done, will keep playing normally and see what happens (will try not to care about it)
Hmm. Well, that's unfortunate. In this case, please, let RED Support know about this through their report form. I know they'll have an absolute riot of a good time chasing Roach's tail again. . .

Her tail is only visible in Kaer Morhen to me. Velen, Novigrad and Skellige the tail is completely gone, and I've tried mostly everything to get it back, apart from CMs or starting a new game. I've tried calling her back from afar, I've tried calling her when she's about to respawn, I've tried calling her back without any saddle on, I've tried turning off/on Hairworks, I've tried saving and loading, I've tried fast travling like a madman, I've tried forcing her in the water (not sure why), I've tried taking off everything on both Geralt and Roach while messing with the graphics settings and Hairworks, I've tried countless of other things that I've forgotten at this moment and nothing worked. Funny thing is that her mane - a problem I had before - seems to be fixed.

Last edited:
Hmm. Well, that's unfortunate. In this case, please, let RED Support know about this through their report form. I know they'll have an absolute riot of a good time chasing Roach's tail again. . .

I am curious about the wording in the patch notes...."Fixes issue whereby Roach's tail could vanish."......There is no "COULD" to it, It has vanished.

If it is a fix to keep Roach's tail from ever vanishing, would we then have to start a new game? as it is a code that has to be introduced at the begining?...Just spitballing here

If it is a fix to keep Roach's tail from ever vanishing, would we then have to start a new game? as it is a code that has to be introduced at the begining?...
Interesting questions. However, unfortunately, I don't have the answers. You'd need to ask RED Support about this directly. Sorry.

Top Bottom