Patch 1.22 now available on PC

+
From my post in another thread... lol

Dammit. Now I want to go back to the Main Story and finish it, hoping that CDPR can fix BAW bugs before I return to it. Was going to Corvo Bianco for a last night and some crafting before leaving Toussaint when I got a side quest on the way and now I'm stuck on top of Roach whom won't move no matter what!
Warble of a Smitten Knight is bugged, for me. Blargh! Reloading and skipping it until Roach moves when needed for the side quest.

---------- Updated at 05:27 AM ----------

Well, that was fast... while I was typping the previous comment, game was downloading 1.22 - LMAO!
Patch 1.22 in now available on PC with PS4 and Xbox One to follow later. Most notable changes:
Fixes issue whereby Corvo Bianco upgrades would not complete if players left Toussaint while an upgrade was in progress.
Fixes issue whereby Roach would not move during the quest "The Warble of a Smitten Knight."
Fixes issue whereby Roach's tail could vanish.

PS: Must say that a 13 GB patch scares the s*** out of me though, based on previous big patches by CDPR!
(GoG Galaxy)

---------- Updated at 05:47 AM ----------

Great - Game won't launch now. all I get is a black screen. Without any mods (I use 4 - 3 minor visual tweaks Clean Margarita, Slim Griffin and Black Wolven set- and 1 full xp every quest mod) Script compiled all right but game went to black screen. Removed the mods and black screen. 1.22 is a big black screen to me! =/
Verify/Repair stuck, as usual.

Getting the patch files from GOG and installing it manually. Remembered now that I had to do it for 1.21. GOG Galaxy is great but patching now through it seems to be broken. AND the individual files for 1.22 are only 2.1 GB instead of 13 GB through Galaxy. WTH? (and it says 2.1GB on GOG site but download says 2.7 GB - guys, stop drinking and smoking shit!)

---------- Updated at 06:24 AM ----------

Not good. Says 1.22 already installed. Reinstaling BAW from GOG files since re-rolling to 1.21 would require another 13GB d/l and then trying to apply 1.22 from GOG files. Man, if this was not my favorite game ever I might just have it uninstalled with Revo and be done with it!
Lucky me. Didn't work. BAW installed alright but 1.22 already installed. Trying re-roll with Galaxy. Another 13GB d/l... *sighs*

---------- Updated at 08:00 AM ----------

And voilá! Game is definitely broken. Reverted to 1.21 (another 13 GB d/l) and still all I get is black screen when trying to launch. Applied 1.22 from GOG files, still black screen. Last attempt on the way. As instructed by GOG Galaxy team, deleted the storage folder and imported the game folder again. Somehow it now started to d/l some 11 GB of I-have-no-idea-what. (well, actually I have - 1.22 through GOG Galaxy were 13 GB download. Through GOG site were only 2.1GB. I'm guessing that Galaxy HAS to download additional 11 GB to make it 1.22 - It HAS to d/l the whole fraking BAW again every time!

Game was running so good with 1.21 but for the bugs, of course! Now I cannot even start the game... OMFG CDPR, please test your s*** before releasing them! 5am. I have to hit the road at 7:30. The things we do for a fraking video game we love so much!

Last edited:
They patched the White Orchard money exploit... noooooooo!
F**** exploits. If you need to cheat, use the console and add 1,000,000 gold. I make 250k in a legit run.
All I want is the fraking game to start and even after the new 11 GB d/l from Galaxy, all I get is a FUCKING BLACK SCREEN!

I hope this patch fixes the crazy temps that CPU gets after 1.2, 1.21 or whatever it's called. Downloading 15gigs only to find out TW3 still tries to fry cpu would not be fun at all. Download this big is not worth few icons and melted cpu.

Also, are the endings fixed or still Ciri is witcher even though she died/empress?

Last edited:
Not at all fond of this patch (GOG). Mutagen icons are still the same. Olgierd and Iris portrait can't be hanged on Corvo Bianco. Still can't apply dyes on Viper armor and it becomes invisible whenever I put it on the armor stand. Only positive is the additional paintings you can buy for further decorations.

So that art dealer sells paintings now that you can buy? If so, then hooray! :D

Yea, that's good but I so wanted to hang the Olgierd and Iris portrait. :( Also, no idea wth is wrong with my Viper armor, can't apply dyes, becomes invisible when displayed on armor stands. ??? A couple of my friends are having the same problem with Viper set as well.

Yea, that's good but I so wanted to hang the Olgierd and Iris portrait. :( Also, no idea wth is wrong with my Viper armor, can't apply dyes, becomes invisible when displayed on armor stands. ??? A couple of my friends are having the same problem with Viper set as well.

My viper armor turns orange when I put in in the stand :D I never added any dye to it. Don't know what the patch will do to it, since it's not out on consoles yet.

the patch fixes a lot of bugs but roach is still without tail and mane and mutagens have the same icons... :(

Top Bottom