Patch 1.22 now available on PC

+
release at least a hotfix for the horses tail.

Consoles and hotfixes don't go along well together due to certifications, taxes and such. I bet the exact same patch the PC users got is now being approved by the console holders, it'll be out as soon as the certification is done.

As for the horses tail, killing roach through the debug console fixes the issue for PC players. If you find a way to emulate this killing on your Xbox One, such as jumping off of a cliff and into a deep water, the problem should go away for you as well.

Consoles and hotfixes don't go along well together due to certifications, taxes and such. I bet the exact same patch the PC users got is now being approved by the console holders, it'll be out as soon as the certification is done.

As for the horses tail, killing roach through the debug console fixes the issue for PC players. If you find a way to emulate this killing on your Xbox One, such as jumping off of a cliff and into a deep water, the problem should go away for you as well.

Dind't know about that, will try it later. Hope it works. Thanks.

@joaorfigueiredo and others
Try removing the mods and very/repair the install, IF it is a PC install and you have GOG Galaxy. I went for a clean reinstall because I had the time to do it. Left the PC d/líng it all with Galaxy while I went out of town! When I got home, it was perfect, even with my mods back in place. =))
I fixed my Roach simply by unequipping and equipping her equipment again.

---------- Updated at 05:05 AM ----------

There is definitely something wrong with Crossbow combat under water though...

From my post in another thread... lol

Great - Game won't launch now. all I get is a black screen. Without any mods (I use 4 - 3 minor visual tweaks Clean Margarita, Slim Griffin and Black Wolven set- and 1 full xp every quest mod) Script compiled all right but game went to black screen. Removed the mods and black screen. 1.22 is a big black screen to me! =/
Verify/Repair stuck, as usual.

Getting the patch files from GOG and installing it manually. Remembered now that I had to do it for 1.21. GOG Galaxy is great but patching now through it seems to be broken. AND the individual files for 1.22 are only 2.1 GB instead of 13 GB through Galaxy. WTH? (and it says 2.1GB on GOG site but download says 2.7 GB - guys, stop drinking and smoking shit!)

---------- Updated at 06:24 AM ----------

Not good. Says 1.22 already installed. Reinstaling BAW from GOG files since re-rolling to 1.21 would require another 13GB d/l and then trying to apply 1.22 from GOG files. Man, if this was not my favorite game ever I might just have it uninstalled with Revo and be done with it!
Lucky me. Didn't work. BAW installed alright but 1.22 already installed. Trying re-roll with Galaxy. Another 13GB d/l... *sighs*

---------- Updated at 08:00 AM ----------

And voilá! Game is definitely broken. Reverted to 1.21 (another 13 GB d/l) and still all I get is black screen when trying to launch. Applied 1.22 from GOG files, still black screen. Last attempt on the way. As instructed by GOG Galaxy team, deleted the storage folder and imported the game folder again. Somehow it now started to d/l some 11 GB of I-have-no-idea-what. (well, actually I have - 1.22 through GOG Galaxy were 13 GB download. Through GOG site were only 2.1GB. I'm guessing that Galaxy HAS to download additional 11 GB to make it 1.22 - It HAS to d/l the whole fraking BAW again every time!

Game was running so good with 1.21 but for the bugs, of course! Now I cannot even start the game... OMFG CDPR, please test your s*** before releasing them! 5am. I have to hit the road at 7:30. The things we do for a fraking video game we love so much!

I hope you were able to finally get it to work. I mean no disrespect but it sounds like it was you not CDPR or the patch that messed your game up. Did you make sure to delete any mods that you were using before patching the game? Try deleting the User.ini and User.Bak files and then trying to start the game? I was using Full XP mod and the debug console mod, deleting both of those first before installing the new update seemed to do the trick at least in my case.

Then I reinstalled the latest version of the those mods only after I had the new patch installed. I understand the frustration you were/are going through, however, going by what you wrote from what I can surmise, it sounds like a conflict with the mods you were using or something else. The update worked fine for me. Good Luck.

Last edited:
@joaorfigueiredo and others
Try removing the mods and very/repair the install, IF it is a PC install and you have GOG Galaxy. I went for a clean reinstall because I had the time to do it. Left the PC d/líng it all with Galaxy while I went out of town! When I got home, it was perfect, even with my mods back in place. =))
I fixed my Roach simply by unequipping and equipping her equipment again.

---------- Updated at 05:05 AM ----------

There is definitely something wrong with Crossbow combat under water though...

Sadly not on PC. Already tried that though, didn't work. Haven't tried the kill horse MOD since i was at work. Will try tomorrow (can't belive im actually saying that) to kill my horse if the patch doesn't come out (hoping for it). The crossbow underwater seems normal to me, it was always a little bugged with things like Geralt shooting arrows through his ponytail and such, but already got used to it. Had that on 1.1 and so on. The only things annoying me at the moment are the tail and the REALLY slow stash. Did 1.22 fix the last?

Last edited:
I hope you were able to finally get it to work. I mean no disrespect but it sounds like it was you not CDPR or the patch that messed your game up. Did you make sure to delete any mods that you were using before patching the game? Try deleting the User.ini and User.Bak files and then trying to start the game? I was using Full XP mod and the debug console mod, deleting both of those first before installing the new update seemed to do the trick at least in my case.

Then I reinstalled the latest version of the those mods only after I had the new patch installed. I understand the frustration you were/are going through, however, going by what you wrote , at least form what I can surmise, it was potentially a conflict with the mods you were suing or something else. The update worked fine for me. Good Luck.

I fixed it! Game's running perfectly now =)
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ilable-on-PC?p=2568791&viewfull=1#post2568791

It wasn't the mods, I think. I only use one Mod with scritps. All Quests Full XP (old No Grey Quest Mod). The other 3 are aesthetic only. Clean Marguerita, Slim Griffin and Black Wolven set. And they compiled alright after the patch. I had the game installed from physical DVD's since release and never did a clean reinstall. All the patches, DLC's changes, incorporated in the patches and HoS might have messed some files perhaps? Up to 1.21 I could launch the game either from Galaxy or from the .exe shortcut. 1.22 compiled the mods without errors but went black screen with or without mods, from Galaxy or the .exe shortcut. A clean install fixed it. And it is working with the mods nonetheless. =))

Last edited:
Waited long and endured it long. The entire game is broken. I've seen things such as Roach missing tail (Velen, White Orchard), the only place it still has it is Skellige and it lost once too, but i noticed and loaded again. On Ciri's part she draw a invisible sword everytime, while the original remains on her back. I've seen horses growing from the insides of another. I've knocked a lame thug with aard, he remained there with half health, on the floor, then suddenly, an invisible thing begun to attack me, it was propably harder than any boss fight to defeat this one. Since i'm on death march, you guys know every blow can do a lot of damage, so it was very intense. I've been playing the witcher games for a long time (have replayed the first two games to make a perfet playthrough this time) and this is the most bugged version i've ever seen, miss patch 1.12 when it was almost perfect (except for a certain unlootable chest). The place that seems most unbugged to me is skellige, so i'm going for the ? until you guys release the patch but it's taking more time than a expected. Bugs like this should be fixed ASAP because they screw up the game completely. To continue the plotline and even if I want to play the expansions (havent played BaW yet, only HoS) i've to get back to Velen, and there, everything is bugged, so is Novigrad. So please, i beg you guys to try to make this a litlle quicker. I just want to play the game. And just to mention, i'm on Xbox One.

Generally, "The entire game is broken." means that the entire game is unplayable. Most of those bugs are cosmetic.

Generally, "The entire game is broken." means that the entire game is unplayable. Most of those bugs are cosmetic.
No, not really. You can still use broken things such as cellphones, notebooks, that doens't mean it's unusable, means it is just not right. But no, that doens't make it unplayable, it takes a lot to make a masterpiece unplayable. However some of these new bugs can break the imersion for certain people (not all of them). Like you said, comestic. For some, it's just a stupid thing, but for others, it can matter a lot. That was what i was trying to say, never said it was unplayble.

No, not really. You can still use broken things such as cellphones, notebooks, that doens't mean it's unusable, means it is just not right. But no, that doens't make it unplayable, it takes a lot to make a masterpiece unplayable. However some of these new bugs can break the imersion for certain people (not all of them). Like you said, comestic. For some, it's just a stupid thing, but for others, it can matter a lot. That was what i was trying to say, never said it was unplayble.

As for me....It was one of the wolves in one of the numerous attacks that ripped my horses tail off....

Hello CDPR Team, Please add the ability so we can sell our stuffs from the STASH itself.

A little suggestion for the next patch.

Sadly not on PC. Already tried that though, didn't work. Haven't tried the kill horse MOD since i was at work. Will try tomorrow (can't belive im actually saying that) to kill my horse if the patch doesn't come out (hoping for it). The crossbow underwater seems normal to me, it was always a little bugged with things like Geralt shooting arrows through his ponytail and such, but already got used to it. Had that on 1.1 and so on. The only things annoying me at the moment are the tail and the REALLY slow stash. Did 1.22 fix the last?

Some Sirens and alikes I still kill in 1-2 shots underwaters. But I found some and drowners that I would need over 20-30 shots to kill. That is what I was referring to. Easier just to swim past them sometimes... blergh.

Some Sirens and alikes I still kill in 1-2 shots underwaters. But I found some and drowners that I would need over 20-30 shots to kill. That is what I was referring to. Easier just to swim past them sometimes... blergh.

Use the standard bolt > 2 shots and its dead.

Top Bottom