Patch 1.22 now available on PC

+
Hello CDPR Team, Please add the ability so we can sell our stuffs from the STASH itself.

A little suggestion for the next patch.

Really like your suggestion... as well i will prefer toggle key to switch from fast to strong attack rather then holding key option as I am on keyboard/mouse it's pretty hard to hold or use strong attack key with rolling/parry & other battle actions. I almost never use strong attack due to this & it's really not necessary but still toggle key was good idea.

Really like your suggestion... as well i will prefer toggle key to switch from fast to strong attack rather then holding key option as I am on keyboard/mouse it's pretty hard to hold or use strong attack key with rolling/parry & other battle actions. I almost never use strong attack due to this & it's really not necessary but still toggle key was good idea.

Since day one I remapped Strong Attack to Right Mouse Button, Witcher Senses to MB4 and Parry to MB5 and it works so good. A few huge patches reseted the key mapping but it was really fast to remap them - rolling is Spacebar, Dodge is Alt by default, if I'm not mistaken. All you need is a 5 buttons mouse. I use them since some 20 years ago. Could try a 8-12 buttons mouse but it's really not necessary. 5 buttons is all I ever needed for any game.

Since day one I remapped Strong Attack to Right Mouse Button, Witcher Senses to MB4 and Parry to MB5 and it works so good. A few huge patches reseted the key mapping but it was really fast to remap them - rolling is Spacebar, Dodge is Alt by default, if I'm not mistaken. All you need is a 5 buttons mouse. I use them since some 20 years ago. Could try a 8-12 buttons mouse but it's really not necessary. 5 buttons is all I ever needed for any game.

What are you guys doing....???

@TH3WITCH3R: You realize you can bind fast attack and strong attack each to their own keys and not ever have to use the 'modify attack type' button. You don't have to "hold" anything if you don't want.

@RageGT: You know you can always map Witcher Senses and Parry to the same button, as the 2 functions are not ever used at the same time? Put them both on MB4. Same thing with Jump and Roll - same concept, both on a single mouse button. Also, you DON'T need to map dodge to anything, as you can dodge in any direction by double tapping that direction.

What are you guys doing....???
@RageGT: You know you can always map Witcher Senses and Parry to the same button, as the 2 functions are not ever used at the same time? Put them both on MB4. Same thing with Jump and Roll - same concept, both on a single mouse button. Also, you DON'T need to map dodge to anything, as you can dodge in any direction by double tapping that direction.

I know, Brogan, but in my mouse, MB4 is easier to keep pressed for Witcher senses and MB5 is better for the timed click of a counter-attack, because of their positioning in the mouse. It works great for me. Dodge is mapped to Alt by default, isn't it? But the double tap direction key is always useful, since TW1. Thanks! =)

I know, Brogan, but in my mouse, MB4 is easier to keep pressed for Witcher senses and MB5 is better for the timed click of a counter-attack, because of their positioning in the mouse. It works great for me. Dodge is mapped to Alt by default, isn't it? But the double tap direction key is always useful, since TW1. Thanks! =)

No problem, and I'm sorry if I came off as critical, I didn't mean to. I 100% get what you're saying, he'll we've both been doing this for a year with this game, we know what we're comfortable with! Was only trying to help in case you guys were unaware of these tweaks, as they're not officially documented.

Hi, after finished the "Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of Granite" quest, I got Reginald statue but I can't place it in front of my house because there is a vase on the pedestal, and after finished "Defender of the faith", on Duen hen, no one comes to pray. And in glossary, Geralt and Master Mirror histories didn't show up. I started a new game+ and all of this happened, and just downloaded patch 1.22. Can anyone helps me? (Sorry for my English).

That's quite the exaggeration, wouldn't you say? Being frustrated is one (and very understandable) thing, but this...
No, really, i don't think so... No. That's just my opinion, i'm not alone in that, just search the internet. I could stand a coulpe of bugs, always did, but now there are some very noticable ones, and a LOT of them. Too much for SOME (and I repeat, not everyone) to just let it pass without being really disapointed. So, tha's just it, my sincere opinion, it can sound like an exaggeration, as people doesn't always agree, and I respect that. I don't understand much about developing games because i never did it, but, i do understand what it is to be under a lot o pressure, and I think that's what happening now. Fans are complaining and demanding fixes for all of these bugs. And since we're probably talking about the greatest game in history, they'are trying to maintain the level, and in order to please the fans, working faster. That's because we've a really good and competent staff here, one that tries to please gamers the most. However, this time, i think (my opinion, again) that perhaps it would be better to sit down and go through all of these bugs, slowly and carefully, so there are no more people with this thinking (that the game is broken), especially new players. Perhaps taking a little more time will make things better. I've played it before and had a great time, i'm having one now, despite all this bugs. But have seen people droping it because of this and that's really sad.
By the way, sadly, 1.22 really didn't fix much,

Last edited:
No, really, i don't think so... No. That's just my opinion, i'm not alone in that, just search the internet. I could stand a coulpe of bugs, always did, but now there are some very noticable ones, and a LOT of them. Too much for SOME (and I repeat, not everyone) to just let it pass without being really disapointed. So, tha's just it, my sincere opinion, it can sound like an exaggeration, as people doesn't always agree, and I respect that. I don't understand much about developing games because i never did it, but, i do understand what it is to be under a lot o pressure, and I think that's what happening now. Fans are complaining and demanding fixes for all of these bugs. And since we're probably talking about the greatest game in history, they'are trying to maintain the level, and in order to please the fans, working faster. That's because we've a really good and competent staff here, one that tries to please gamers the most. However, this time, i think (my opinion, again) that perhaps it would be better to sit down and go through all of these bugs, slowly and carefully, so there are no more people with this thinking (that the game is broken), especially new players. Perhaps taking a little more time will make things better. I've played it before and had a great time, i'm having one now, despite all this bugs. But have seen people droping it because of this and that's really sad.
By the way, sadly, 1.22 really didn't fix much,

I've been in the software development industry (not games) for thirty years. Some releases have been good, some bad. All the bad ones have not been because of the developers, rather rigid timelines, budget, changing user requirements. As a user of software the only thing you can do is report the bugs via official channels (not this thread) do something else.

There will always be some sort of prioritization of the bugs to fix by the developer which will also be influenced by external forces, mostly budget and the resources the company throw at the problem. What this means is that if a bug is fixed, it might take a while.

Generally the size of projects has been in the order of one to five years with teams of up to 50 people, so not quite games development big. Generally you see 1000's of bugs go to testers and still 100's when released, and they are never all fixed. Sometimes, bugs can not even be reproduced by the developer team.

The hardest thing to do is juggle a maintenance fork of production, with a new version with major changes additions. These always happen on 2 or more separate code bases, and bugs always happen when merging the 2 to release to the public with just as many bugs as the initial release and what's even worse, old bugs reappear.

Having to release patches on 2 separate consoles and 3 PC stores is infinitely harder.

Hopefully this gives you some incite into software development. Enjoy gaming.

I've been in the software development industry (not games) for thirty years. Some releases have been good, some bad. All the bad ones have not been because of the developers, rather rigid timelines, budget, changing user requirements. As a user of software the only thing you can do is report the bugs via official channels (not this thread) do something else.

There will always be some sort of prioritization of the bugs to fix by the developer which will also be influenced by external forces, mostly budget and the resources the company throw at the problem. What this means is that if a bug is fixed, it might take a while.

Generally the size of projects has been in the order of one to five years with teams of up to 50 people, so not quite games development big. Generally you see 1000's of bugs go to testers and still 100's when released, and they are never all fixed. Sometimes, bugs can not even be reproduced by the developer team.

The hardest thing to do is juggle a maintenance fork of production, with a new version with major changes additions. These always happen on 2 or more separate code bases, and bugs always happen when merging the 2 to release to the public with just as many bugs as the initial release and what's even worse, old bugs reappear.

Having to release patches on 2 separate consoles and 3 PC stores is infinitely harder.

Hopefully this gives you some incite into software development. Enjoy gaming.
Pretty good explanation, understood a little, sadly wont be able to dive more into it because my work is massive and (again, sadly) it doens't involve games. Anyway, as I said, i agree with you, think they should take their time, it is a lot of work, a lot of pressure, so let's not rush so it can have less bugs that it had in the beggining. I've already asked for that and have seen that it's not simple as that. Living and Learning. And about the report, i've reported to the proper channel AND said it here, will wait patiently now, enjoy gaming when i've the time. Well, thanks for the info. Enjoy too.

Pretty good explanation, understood a little, sadly wont be able to dive more into it because my work is massive and (again, sadly) it doens't involve games. Anyway, as I said, i agree with you, think they should take their time, it is a lot of work, a lot of pressure, so let's not rush so it can have less bugs that it had in the beggining. I've already asked for that and have seen that it's not simple as that. Living and Learning. And about the report, i've reported to the proper channel AND said it here, will wait patiently now, enjoy gaming when i've the time. Well, thanks for the info. Enjoy too.

Sadly, our expectations of wanting B&W release influence CDPR's Managements timelines which caused bugs. We should just accept it when it's ready and "Soon"

Last edited:

I remapped run/walk toggle to Caps Lock and then assigned strong attack to LCtrl. Working great, except it's taking some time to adjust to the new bindings.
I never used strong attack when it required holding LShift, because I too found it to be difficult to do during combat.

@RageGT , @Brogan80 , @RidiculousName

I am an arrow key player & my mouse left / right keys are bind to original actions which is fast attack / parry & ws. I am using mb4 for roll & mb5 for jump so it's getting really hard for me to use strong attack as my other keyboard keys are bind to other imp. actions. sprint/run/walk actions having toggle key so may be toggle key for strong attack going to help some users like me :) & as I said it really not matter as fast attck & other things are enough to beat any enemy but still

If my mouse had more than three buttons, I'd definitely bind more actions to it. But since it doesn't I'm stuck with having to reserve more keys for controls.
Now that I'm actually able to use strong attack, I've found myself taking advantage of it. :D

Dont know if it is a common issue, but the cannibal couple from HoS has infinite health here. They start with 0 health and i cant do anything about it.

---------- Updated at 08:43 PM ----------

Nevermind, running from them, medidating and saving solved the issue. In case anyone has the same problem.

You're wasting a mouse button. Put jump and roll both on mb4.

The key-bindings menu let's you do it. Go and try! :)

Ohh thanks.. that's quite useful info.. Now my mb4 is set 4 Jump/roll/dodge & Surface :)
But still may be due to habit I prefer MB left key for attack & right key for parry/block so It's really good to have toggle button rather then hold so that I can concentrate more on battle & other actions specially on hard mode. Holding key or using another key for strong attack makes my block or other actions like roll/dodge tough to perform.

Last edited:
I just came here to say that I really appreciate the interface redesign that this patch brought. It is so much nicer to navigate now on PC so thanks CDPR.

Is anyone able to kill deer now? I've searched a bit but couldn't find one mention. I can't kill deer even with my sword, dealing large amounts of damage.

Top Bottom