Patch 1.23 the game crashes while I play

+
Good morning friends

Last week I bought a new laptop computer.
Specifications:
Processor. AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800H (16M Cache, frequency from 3.2 GHz to 4.4 GHz)
32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200MHz RAM memory
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6 graphics controller

I have the graphics drivers updated to the latest version and also windows 10 in its latest version. Game through GOG

I started playing the game last week really excited and more so knowing that the famous patch 1.23 had been released which was said to have fixed all the crashing issues.
I have been playing for 16h 29m and until yesterday I had not had any kind of bug, in any way. Since yesterday the game stops while playing every few minutes.

I have followed the instructions of CD PROJECT technical support and it still happens. The error also occurs even if I change the graphic options.

The truth is that I come here a little scared, I have not read that anyone had any similar problem with the new patch and I'm afraid I can not fix it and continue playing, the game had hooked me enough.
Attached is my DXDiag and the repots that appear when the error occurs.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    118.7 KB · Views: 474
  • Cyberpunk2077.exe-20210628-204327-10652-2944.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 84
  • report.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 86
  • stacktrace.txt
    259 bytes · Views: 75
Good morning, thank you very much for the advice.

I have already sent two messages and have not yet received a reply. As I say it is the first time I play the game and I was asking here in case anyone knew a quick solution.

Good morning, thank you very much for the advice.

I have already sent two messages and have not yet received a reply. As I say it is the first time I play the game and I was asking here in case anyone knew a quick solution.
Well, I hope someone here can help you.. Do you still have the same crashes if you start a new playthrough? (might be worth disabling any mods to ensure they are no the culprit)

I have tried starting a new game with a different origin and it also happens. I am reinstalling the game to see if there is any luck. I hope CD PROJECT will get back to me soon

Thanks for your reply

Last edited:

"PATCH 1.23 THE GAME CRASHES WHILE I PLAY"

Greetings, @Garramamut,

There have been some others that equally complained about their game constantly crashing on GOG. It has all the toe tail marks the crashes are related to GOG itself. It's good you filed a bug-report with CDPR, but know a response can take a couple of workdays. You should also consider sending a bug-report to GOG Support so you may get a response whether or not they're already aware of the issue.

Until it's fixed, you can try deselecting all RTX capabilities in the game, and limit FPS to 20. See if the crashing ceases.

I have reinstalled the game and verified the files as instructed by CD PROJECT (they have replied to the email from the technical service) but the problem still appears.
I have also performed a clean install of the latest graphics drivers. I will now try what Bartigan told me.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know what the RTX capabilities are or how to limit the FPS. Are they in the graphics options of the game?

When 1.23 came down I had a LOT of crashes after starting a new playthrough on 1.23 (PC) - with the game detecting it and sending a report to CDPR. But also had a bunch of Windows 10 updates coming lately which didn't install cleanly or needing re-doing. Not specially recommending it, but I used Ccleaner to update a bunch of drivers and - so far - have run CP sessions until I'm too tired, crash-free.

I have reinstalled the game and verified the files as instructed by CD PROJECT (they have replied to the email from the technical service) but the problem still appears.
I have also performed a clean install of the latest graphics drivers. I will now try what Bartigan told me.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know what the RTX capabilities are or how to limit the FPS. Are they in the graphics options of the game?
Yes, in the graphics section of the game. There are 2 places where the FPS can be lowered. If you set the graphics preset to low, all RTX features are deselected, as all high taxing settings. Can always check if the crashing stops that way.

Thank you very much for your reply andrewdilley
What you say happens to me. Every time the game stops and goes to the desktop it proposes me to send a bug report to CDPJ.

I have never used Ccleaner, but if it worked for you I will try it for sure.

If this fails, I will try what Bartinga2077 says (thank you very much for explaining me how to do it) I want to first try to play with good graphics, since the game is so nice.

I want to thank you all for the help, with such a good community, it's not scary to have problems.

BTW that sounds like an awesome laptop :) better CPU and GFX than my PC (RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 3600). But I can still enjoy wandering through NC with raytracing on if I have the screen resolution at 1440p and DLSS turned up, it still looks pretty cool. In combat situations though, struggles a bit. With all RTX off it still looks good and plays very well, seems like the gear you have should cope better. The Ccleaner driver updates did involve my mouse and Nvidia sound drivers, but - with PCs who knows :)

Thank you very much for your reply andrewdilley
What you say happens to me. Every time the game stops and goes to the desktop it proposes me to send a bug report to CDPJ.

I have never used Ccleaner, but if it worked for you I will try it for sure.

If this fails, I will try what Bartinga2077 says (thank you very much for explaining me how to do it) I want to first try to play with good graphics, since the game is so nice.

I want to thank you all for the help, with such a good community, it's not scary to have prob

Thank you both for your help.

I used Ccleaner and it did install some missing drivers. Windows was updated to the latest version.

Unfortunately the same thing happened, the game stopped while I was playing.

Then I tried lowering the graphics to the minimum as proposed by Bartinga2077. Unfortunately the same thing happened and the game closed after a few minutes of playing.

A real pity, I thought this time it was going to be fixed.

Thank you both for your help.

I used Ccleaner and it did install some missing drivers. Windows was updated to the latest version.

Unfortunately the same thing happened, the game stopped while I was playing.

Then I tried lowering the graphics to the minimum as proposed by Bartinga2077. Unfortunately the same thing happened and the game closed after a few minutes of playing.

A real pity, I thought this time it was going to be fixed.
Did it take longer to crash with the lower settings?

Ah :( afraid I don't know what to suggest. I had the luxury of knowing it DID used to run perfectly well on my set-up so I sort-of suspected the latest Windows/driver updates might be the root cause so was hoping would be the same for you :(

I always played with version 1.23, when I acquired the new computer and installed the game it was the current version.

cartlidge, no, it closed quickly, in a couple of minutes. The time varies from time to time, but it is never very long.

andrewdilley don't worry, you tried to help and that's the important thing. Thank you very much.

I have performed the test with FurMark. I left the test for 5 minutes. I stopped it, because I don't know if it would stop by itself.

I could hear the fans increase in speed as the workload increased. The truth is that in the 16h that I can play CP they had never sounded so much hahaha.

The temperature was stable at 78 degrees, it increased to 80 for a few seconds when the workload increased but quickly the fans lowered the temperature to 78, The maximum temperature of my GPU is 87 degrees.

Last edited:
Top Bottom