Patch 1.2a available now!

+
Patch 1.2a available now!

We have just released Patch 1.2a, which is designed to correct an occasional compatibility issue we found between the download version of The Witcher and Patch 1.2. We suggest to download and install the new patch from our site.

HelloFirst time here.Just bought the game and visited the site to dl the patch. However,neither me or my bf understood wether we shall dl it or not. It does say "patch must not be downloaded etc. etc. "Rather confusing.Anyway,im downloading it right now,but i'll wait with the installing of it till i know for sure what you guys mean.Thanks in advance.

Flami said:
HelloFirst time here.Just bought the game and visited the site to dl the patch. However,neither me or my bf understood wether we shall dl it or not. It does say "patch must not be downloaded etc. etc. "Rather confusing.Anyway,im downloading it right now,but i'll wait with the installing of it till i know for sure what you guys mean.Thanks in advance.
Line "Patch must not be downloaded in case(...) " was regarding the previous version of patch. It has been already removed ;) In other words, you can download it without any hesitation :).

Mothra

Forum veteran
on a quick note, can any of the devs tell us if they tested theWitcher with the upcoming Windows XP SP-3 ?

so can we get a fix for the vista crashing now? or is that coming next week with the rest of the new content?

mothra said:
on a quick note, can any of the devs tell us if they tested theWitcher with the upcoming Windows XP SP-3 ?
I'm not a developer, but I did test the game in SP3. It works just fine.

Is there a link to the changes list anywhere? From the download site, all I can find is a link to the 1.2 notes, not the 1.2a notes. Or could anyone just tell me if there were any performance enhancements in the 1.2a, since I'm not really having any in-game bugs. Well, I guess I did have one with Gramps getting stuck in the swamps. I hope that's cleared up.

Ok might be long winded here. I bought the game downloaded the patch 1.2 and forgot to install it. Two weeks later I'm wondering why I have so much stuff and so much money. So I realize my inn storage is dup-ing a bunch of stuff, kewl or not. Man the patch should have taken care of that, so I see, I never installed it. Well ok lets install it. Meanwhile history, I never ran alcohol or daemon or cd-rom emulator programs on my pc so it aint that. After patch install, I double click Icon to start game, thinking pointer, and booply-boop, please insert the original DVD. Haha, i aint never taken the dang thing out since I bought it. But hey maybe it ran away. Nope its there. After about 6 trys it lets me in. Course the next day it does the same thing. 4-6 trys and I'm in. Ok, lets email Atari. Reply, your email was recieved and we will get back to you, in the mean time please read about the game stealers favorite program that our game don't like." Whatever. Next day, another email saying, patch day, please install our new patch 1.2a.Ok long story short, theres gotta be something other than a compatibility issue with this patch and the DL version if they telling me it will fix my retail version which I never told them what version I had. Welcome to the begginning. YOUR FIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE-DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barkonan said:
Ok long story short, theres gotta be something other than a compatibility issue with this patch and the DL version if they telling me it will fix my retail version which I never told them what version I had.
No, actually patch 1.2a adds only a full support for a digital distribution. Perhaps they have been misled somehow? ;)

Brysiu said:
Brysiu said:
Ok long story short, theres gotta be something other than a compatibility issue with this patch and the DL version if they telling me it will fix my retail version which I never told them what version I had.
No, actually patch 1.2a adds only a full support for a digital distribution. Perhaps they have been misled somehow? ;)
So owners of the retail version can still use this patch w/ no problem, right?

ya the patch didn't fix my problem, annoying ya, seems alright otherwise, patch aint hurting any more than the previous one didFigured something out though, if i reboot, it gets in first time, but if i leave game and go back it says to reinsert original DVD again, or says game failed to initialize, but I know not to leave unless i plan on turning off pc, or just log in and out of xpOh and if i alt-tab too much seems to crash it but that might not be the game

Is that true that patch 1.3 is coming next week?http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkpulEupyVjlhHbNHy.php

Have mercy with the vista players :'(@DrakoAs this news is related the D'Jinni I think thist 1.3. patch refers to the editor.

I am a vista player and I feel the CRASH pain SORELY!What exactly is coming out March 14? It appears folks who bought the witcher online will download something incomplete in March, then have to go to stores to buy the Enhanced Witcher....That would be very unfair if that is the case.Can someone throw more light on this?

barkonan said:
Ok might be long winded here. I bought the game downloaded the patch 1.2 and forgot to install it. Two weeks later I'm wondering why I have so much stuff and so much money. So I realize my inn storage is dup-ing a bunch of stuff, kewl or not. Man the patch should have taken care of that, so I see, I never installed it. Well ok lets install it. Meanwhile history, I never ran alcohol or daemon or cd-rom emulator programs on my pc so it aint that. After patch install, I double click Icon to start game, thinking pointer, and booply-boop, please insert the original DVD. Haha, i aint never taken the dang thing out since I bought it. But hey maybe it ran away. Nope its there. After about 6 trys it lets me in. Course the next day it does the same thing. 4-6 trys and I'm in. Ok, lets email Atari. Reply, your email was recieved and we will get back to you, in the mean time please read about the game stealers favorite program that our game don't like." Whatever. Next day, another email saying, patch day, please install our new patch 1.2a.Ok long story short, theres gotta be something other than a compatibility issue with this patch and the DL version if they telling me it will fix my retail version which I never told them what version I had. Welcome to the begginning. YOUR FIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE-DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats sad mate

Top Bottom