Patch 1.3 — list of changes

+
The dark vignette when crouching down to sneak bugs the hell outta me. Anyone else? It makes it hard to see when sneaking especially indoors.
I think many games where you can sneak have a similar effect and I never noticed people complaining about it in other games. That being said, there's currently still the option to install a mod if you are on PC. I guess that an option might also be added by the developers, but I also assume that the priority for this is rather low.

Their biggest mistake was announcing the game too early back in the day (and they also made a comment about this, saying they've learnt not to do this again). Another mistake was being naive enough to think those people sending death threats would actually try to act upon them, and thus making them release the game earlier out of fear. Originally they realized they couldn't release the game in the date they promised and they wanted to delay it, but then they started to get pressured to launch.
In all fairness, I doubt the premature release had anything to do with those threats. In the end, this was a conscious decision of CDPR's management, where the either underestimated the backlash of the community or were indeed not aware of the state of the game. Or it was a mixture of both...

and ULTRAWIDE still NOT fixed... after almost a year ! just wow ! what a mess !
I'm gaming on 5120x1440 and it seems (almost) perfectly fine. Also, other games like the critically acclaimed Read Dead Redemption 2 or Death Stranding do not work with this resolution at all and you need a fix for that, so at least it works out of the box in Cyberpunk 2077.

I guess that's how its gotta be and thanks to the devs and CDPR for keeping at it. But its really disappointing to find out the free DLCs are only a couple of very small tweaks and CDPR plan to ask me to get my wallet out again before I can get any more playable content in the world. I think you should at least make the first expansion free to make it up to your early customers who are in my situation who have been trying to wait patiently patch after patch only to find there is still no reason to return to night city.
It was always clear that those DLCs will be small ones. Witcher 3 had a bunch of DLCs where "only" two of them where quests. So, I assume that we might get one or two additional Gigs but that will be it.

I also disagree that any of the expansions should be free. Players were able to return the game after the release if they were dissatisfied. Furthermore, the game is neither a Sandbox, nor a Servicegame, but a story focused action RPG. Thus, having a city where you could spend your days in was not the goal of the game and the developers intended for people to stop playing the game once finished. When the first expansion comes out, players will have a reason to return to Night City.

Also, giving the first one away for free, would rob them of the money they need to keep the company afloat. In the end, they do need the generate money to stay competitive and I gladly pay for the base game and expansions to support CDPR.

agreed i would love a more social emphasis. being able to go out with judy or your friends and tons more voice lines. just fleshing out the established connection with the characters we love
Sounds lovely, doubt it will happen. You couldn't do that in Witcher 3 without a mod as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshot_20210818-082852_Twitter.jpg
just in case anyone is interested spotted this from Miles

@Azulah

I am amongst a select few who purchased a collector, a standard GoG and 3 cyberpunk 2077 statues.
I had faith in the company as TW3 is one of the best games out there. I was promised a similar experience and I was given something that should not have been released for another two years.

As much as you want to tout that 'paid expansions are the survival of the company' they will not get anything from me. I have spent north of 400 EUR to support this game and the developers. They worked hard but bad management pushed me away as a client. I recently upgraded my computer (Z590 Glacial + 11900k+RTX 3080TI). and wanted to return to the game and enjoy it in all its glory but having played A Way Out and It takes Two (probably the game of the decade) I realized how poor Cyberpunk 2077 is as a game. Heck just two days ago I spent a few hours with Geralt and Roach enjoying the beautiful world they created in TW3.

The sad part is that I don't remember much of my story with V. It is all a mixed bag dominated by roaming around night city killing NPCs and looking for back packs.

CDPR has more work to do that to patch the game and slap some lip stick on it. They have burned the bridge to the fan base and this is not an easy thing to fix.

I guess its a good thing that after 8ish months we have finally arrived to the point where we get the free DLC. Two jackets and a car.

Hopefully this is a sign of a turn for the better.

Focus on the most demanded by the community: - Improve the AI of policemen, enemies and NPCS. - Improve driving systems that are now useless. NPCS cannot overcome obstacles, they cannot drive motorcycles, they do not have any AI.
- We need the fast travel system to be optional. Let there be a public transportation system! Like trains, metro... Even stations already exist! Open them up! It's common sense and it feels unorganic that it isn't.
- Increase interaction with the city: bars, recreational stands, interactions with NPCS. This will make the game the excellent open world game it deserves to be! Because art, dubbing and OST are 10/10.

What is highlighted ain't happening until maybe Cyberpunk 2099.

You all talk so lighly about an addition that would be literally impossible to fit at least on past gen consoles, especially the way 99% of you visualize it. You maybe don't understand the amount of encruciating work required from both developers and hardware capabilities to make such a feature available; which, to be fair, its only importance would be just for the sake of immersion and nothing else.

Like, I know you really want to be able to get into the metro station, board a high-speed train and travel across Night City fully loaded; with steady frame rate and zero popping. But that ain't realistic for old gen hardwares-- I dare to say even unrealistic for current gen hardwares until CDPR have more understanding and knowledge on how to squeeze the most of current hardwares in a methodically, next gen version. For a reason they crossed out the idea of having playable flying cars. It would've been a buggy and performance mess---and let's avoid coming up with the idea that because we got those predetermined cinematic sequences of flying over one part of Night City, then flying cars can be implement. That is not how it works.

Fast travel through "Metro Stations" can be added, but no in the way you all dream it. Make the stations open, operable, with brainless NPCs walking around, trains coming around ala Deux Ex; but the moment you board the train, you get a cinematic ( hello, it is a loading time!) similar to the one we saw in the reveal of the game on E3 2018 lol.

Guest 3847602

- We need the fast travel system to be optional. Let there be a public transportation system! Like trains, metro... Even stations already exist! Open them up! It's common sense and it feels unorganic that it isn't.
Fast travel isn't the reason why train system would have been entirely useless. It's that the cars and bikes are more efficient means of transport 100% of the time. Game provides no incentive to use public transportation, your vehicles are faster, there are no traffic jams, you don't have to hassle with refueling them, you don't need to repair them.

I am amongst a select few who purchased a collector, a standard GoG and 3 cyberpunk 2077 statues.
I had faith in the company as TW3 is one of the best games out there. I was promised a similar experience and I was given something that should not have been released for another two years.

As much as you want to tout that 'paid expansions are the survival of the company' they will not get anything from me. I have spent north of 400 EUR to support this game and the developers. They worked hard but bad management pushed me away as a client. I recently upgraded my computer (Z590 Glacial + 11900k+RTX 3080TI). and wanted to return to the game and enjoy it in all its glory but having played A Way Out and It takes Two (probably the game of the decade) I realized how poor Cyberpunk 2077 is as a game. Heck just two days ago I spent a few hours with Geralt and Roach enjoying the beautiful world they created in TW3.

The sad part is that I don't remember much of my story with V. It is all a mixed bag dominated by roaming around night city killing NPCs and looking for back packs.

CDPR has more work to do that to patch the game and slap some lip stick on it. They have burned the bridge to the fan base and this is not an easy thing to fix.
Your decision is perfectly valid, if you don't like the game don't support it. I wouldn't throw a cent at CoD, Battlefield or Fortnite even though these companies need to stay competitive as well. It truly seems like you are unhappy with the game, but this is nothing a free expansion could fix.

Would you actually play the expansion, even if it was free? To me it seems like the game has from your perspective too many issues and you shouldn't expect those issues to be patched or any different in the upcoming expansions.

From my perspective, Cyberpunk 2077 is the essence of Witcher 3 transferred to a Cyberpunk setting. Every issue in the game is also present in Witcher 3, albeit maybe in a different and less severe manner. Granted, games should develop over time in certain things that were fine in 2015 are not fine in 2021.

Also, I haven't finished the game yet so I am unable to compare Witcher 3 with Cyberpunk 2077 in a fair manner.

Fast travel isn't the reason why train system would have been entirely useless. It's that the cars and bikes are more efficient means of transport 100% of the time. Game provides no incentive to use public transportation, your vehicles are faster, you don't have to hassle with refueling them, you don't need to repair them.

You're right, but I kinda wished they added a system similar to the one in Watchdogs 1, where Aiden could escape chases by taking the train (they started slow but eventually were faster than a car). Trains were both used for fast travel AND transport... but yeah I understand that devs probably wanna focus time, effort and resources on other things.

Guest 3847602

You're right, but I kinda wished they added a system similar to the one in Watchdogs 1, where Aiden could escape chases by taking the train (they started slow but eventually were faster than a car). Trains were both used for fast travel AND transport... but yeah I understand that devs probably wanna focus time, effort and resources on other things.
Bu that's the thing, in WD, car chases are the part of the core gameplay (in main and side quests, both). Game gave you opportunities: lose a tail by hacking the traffic lights, activate the blockers, make pipes explode, etc or escape by train.
Cyberpunk's gameplay doesn't revolve around making these decisions. That's probably the reason why they decided to focus their time on other things, the ones that do have impact on the playability.

I assume that the discussion regarding metro fast travel is about a real time ride on the train while still being able to move around and watch the city through the windows? I suppose it would be a sweet thing and adding to the "immersion", but on the other hand I suspect that this kind of features is usually "tried" by players a couple of times and then forgot entirely. Same with working bars etc.

The way I see it, it might be about resources spent on fleshing out such features that simple doesn't pay off, at least not at the current stage of improving the game. I didn't watch the stream, but some people mentioned that the devs said something about currently fixing and laying out foundations for any future additions to the city and the game itself. This seems very understandable - you can't build on shaky foundations, all glaring bugs and issues need to be eliminated first. Who knows, maybe we will see at least some kind of alternate transport in future updates, but that depends on the devs willing to spend their working powers on that and calculating if it's worth the effort at all.

I can imagine that there are people who would use a real-time metro travel a lot, and it's perfectly fine, but suspect that they would be in minority - most players would still drive by car / motorcycle or simply walk from quest to quest (which is also perfectly fine).

those all fixes and adding new features supposed to be in day 1 of the game
so i wont say its amazing cuz i stil mad
anyway where's FSR

All these games listed above might turn out to be really nice, but I guess the reason why quite many people still hang around on this forum and hope for more improvements to CP2077 is that it focuses on a specific genre and aesthetics. There aren't many cyberpunk games created in this scale and so intense in terms of atmosphere, I also doubt there will be any big cyberpunk titles of that sort in the near future (unless Deus Ex is taken out of the fridge ;) ), so we are kind of stuck with CP2077 for now, and that's why we hope for additional content and for this game to be supported by the devs for a long time (apart from some really good things this game already does). That's at least how I see it :)

Q: Have they finally added an option to turn off all the markers floating on the screen?
A: No.
Q: Have they finally added an option to untrack quests?

I guess I have to wait til the next patch. But at least we now can rotate V in the Inventory with a mouse... That was really important....
Post automatically merged:

Great work on the patch! Thank you.

Please, answer my post as well :)

Last edited:
Hello! The button for switching to a regular walking step was not done? Why do developers do everything but walking? After all, all communities are asking developers from the very release of the game, what is the problem of implementing just a simple step?

Q: Have they finally added an option to turn off all the markers floating on the screen?
Q: Have they finally added an option to untrack quests?
Q: Have they finally added an option to turn off the minimap?
A: No

I guess I have to wait til the next patch. But at least we now can rotate V in the Inventory with a mouse... That was really important....

Please, answer my post as well :)
Did they promise these things or are these just things you want?

Hello! The button for switching to a regular walking step was not done? Why do developers do everything but walking? After all, all communities are asking developers from the very release of the game, what is the problem of implementing just a simple step?

Cmon dude! What else do you want? We now can rotate V in the Inventory with a mouse and that is important!!

Did they promise these things or are these just things you want?

These are basic elements of every RPG! These options are absolutely mandatory. [...]

Top Bottom