Patch 1.3 — list of changes

+
No major issues before 1.3 (played literally yesterday with up to date drivers), now after 1.3 immediately crashes to desktop after opening cinematic or skipping cinematic.

Never happening, never will, since the devs never intended to implement it outside of early pre-development, so drop your hopes
Never say never. If some random Joes can mod a Third Person mode to work, I would well imagine that CDPR could manage it eventually. As well, First Person makes character customization almost completely useless as you never see your character unless you drive in Third Person or manually activate a bathroom mirror.

Third person is not the topic here in any shape or form, so please drop that line of discussion or take it to some dedicated topic.

"Fixed faulty pathing for vehicles on the City Center ring road."

I hadn't noticed it! I'm going to get drunk then I run naked in the city square to celebrate :coolstory:
Finally. We have waited 8 months seeing cars jump through the air .... Under building 10 it was also passing, I will see if they have also solved it.

Your decision is perfectly valid, if you don't like the game don't support it. I wouldn't throw a cent at CoD, Battlefield or Fortnite even though these companies need to stay competitive as well. It truly seems like you are unhappy with the game, but this is nothing a free expansion could fix.

Would you actually play the expansion, even if it was free? To me it seems like the game has from your perspective too many issues and you shouldn't expect those issues to be patched or any different in the upcoming expansions.

From my perspective, Cyberpunk 2077 is the essence of Witcher 3 transferred to a Cyberpunk setting. Every issue in the game is also present in Witcher 3, albeit maybe in a different and less severe manner. Granted, games should develop over time in certain things that were fine in 2015 are not fine in 2021.

Also, I haven't finished the game yet so I am unable to compare Witcher 3 with Cyberpunk 2077 in a fair manner.

[...]

Patch 1.3 does not do anything else than confirm my suspicions: this game continues to have zero replay value. Most of what they patched does not fix the core issue which is the fact that the game was not memorable like the Witcher 3. Do you remember the Mass Effect debacle when fans did not get the closure they expected and Casey Hudson went back to the studio with all the actors to record a brand new DLC and fix it? BioWare also made a faux pas but fixed it to a certain extent and people were happy.

In any case, any CDPR product that will come out in the future, including TW4, will not end up on my credit card as full price or pre-order. I will wait for the bargain bin to pull my sleeve and say buy me.

Try the full uninstall and download it again.

Yeah no luck. Same symptoms. Only other possible culprit could be related to the signup for GOG and rewards and its failing to load the main menu. Check ya pointers people.

Patch 1.3 does not do anything else than confirm my suspicions: this game continues to have zero replay value.
Everyone is fully entitled to have his personal preferences and views. In regards to replayability of Cyberpunk 2077 I have completely different view, and I look forward to further fun in Night City. 1.3 opened some new possibilities for different play style, it definitely will be a good ride!

Why call it a DLC?
Good with the many fixes, but normaly it would be called hotfix/patch or something.

when are you going to optimize the game for the new generation of consoles??
As far as I know, that would most likely be in the next-gen update, which is scheduled for later this year.
Yeah -- I'd imagine this will be one of the last things that's worked on. It's counter-productive to start "enhancing" an engine if there are still changes being made to its base functionality. Means that every time they make a change to, for example, the way assets stream in or the way LOD works, they'd probably have to retroactively work that into the enhanced version, and jobs would have to be done all over again.

It's a huge game! Patience will be needed. Regardless of how eager everyone is to get this or that, desire does not alter the amount of work that needs to be done in any way. Rushing simply creates problems.

I dont think fixes is content
ADDITIONAL CONTENT
A list of all the free DLCs can be found in the Main Menu under "Additional Content".

The 1.3 patch delivers the following free DLCs
  • Johnny Silverhand's Alternative Appearance – can be enabled in Settings in the "Additional Content" tab.
  • Multilayered Syn-Leather Deltajock Jacket, Luminescent Punk Jacket - both available in the stash in V's apartment after receiving a message from Viktor after completing The Ride. They're of Rare/Iconic quality by default, Crafting Specs to craft a higher quality will also be unlocked.
  • Archer Quartz "Bandit" - available as a reward or for purchase (depending on choices made by player) after completing Ghost Town and then receiving a message from Dakota or Rogue. If you haven't received the message, make sure to be in the Badlands area and move further away from Dakota's workshop. Dakota will also need a couple of days to contact you.

Johnny Alternative appearance, Quartz "Bandit" and Two Iconic Jackets, these are not fixes, I think ;)

You're doing great work fixing up the game. There's just 3 things I really want to see implemented. !. making gorilla arms bypass body requirements for opening doors and whatnot. It's in the description of the gorilla arms so I imagine it's supposed to be there. 2. autodrive for the cars or at least the high end ones. Again, it's in the description of one of the cars so it should be a feature. 3. New game plus. I would love to start the game over again with the best legendary/iconic weapons/armor fully leveled so I don't have to invest in crafting, max character level but able to redistribute attribute points for a different playstyle if desired, and the best cyberware. I love the idea of being overpowered from the beginning.

Can you please include NBA Jam - style tournaments in 1.31? We've got the double jump, we've got hoops and basketballs around the city, but at the moment these are just props. What? Am I asking too much?

Joking aside, new patch is much appreciated. I can finally craft legendary armadillos so can't complain. Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom