Patch 1.3 — list of changes

+
@LeKill3rFou
This is something I mentioned earlier, but after the recent patch, enemies sometimes become hostile even when you're not exactly near them. Prior to this patch I would just drive around Night City and see gang members just hanging out and they wouldn't attack me. Now, however, I'll be driving the city and I'll suddenly be under attack, only to find that gang members are rushing to attack me.

I'm not entirely sure if it's a bug or a new, undocumented feature (i.e., gang members will occasionally be hostile around V), but it doesn't seem to just affect those random enemies hanging around, but sometimes Assault in Progress areas seem to become immediately hostile even if you haven't entered their exact location.
Yep, before, it happen "sometimes" but mostly you had to be quite close and wait for the yellow "eye" icon, the yellow "warning" icon and finally enter in combat if you stay close. But now, in 1.3, in very hard, I get "badly" assaulted, from afar (really far) and no warning, it's in combat directly :)
(not as bad i could said)

I havent played since the release on my Xbox Series X. Not for lack wanting but lack of time. However, I do carve out time whenever updates are released and have to say I am impressed and thankful for the amount time and work the Devs spend to fix the game. The comprehensive detail that is provided to the community is above and beyond and as a consumer of the product I am satisfied by what the team has been doing. I have opted to wait for the official next gen release of the game before I dive back in but as I said I am still following the work being done. Great work!

Ye the gangs seem too attack me before i even get close on very hard now. They sure can aim too :D dunno how menny times ive been 1 shoted now. Finaly game feels hard. i hope it wont just drop off when i get some more gear.

Yep, before, it happen "sometimes" but mostly you had to be quite close and wait for the yellow "eye" icon, the yellow "warning" icon and finally enter in combat if you stay close. But now, in 1.3, in very hard, I get "badly" assaulted, from afar (really far) and no warning, it's in combat directly :)
(not as bad i could said)

Yes, prior to this patch you would get a warning if enemies were going to become hostile, and you had to actually get close to them before they became alert, but now, they seem to become immediately hostile from further away, and it seems to be random (e.g., sometimes I'll pass by a group and they won't react to me, but if I come back to the area later, they might become hostile).

Yes, prior to this patch you would get a warning if enemies were going to become hostile, and you had to actually get close to them before they became alert, but now, they seem to become immediately hostile from further away, and it seems to be random (e.g., sometimes I'll pass by a group and they won't react to me, but if I come back to the area later, they might become hostile).
Think its based on the reputation system that is ingame. I noticed the more side quests i did the more gangs would attack me.

Ye the gangs seem too attack me before i even get close on very hard now. They sure can aim too :D dunno how menny times ive been 1 shoted now. Finaly game feels hard. i hope it wont just drop off when i get some more gear.
The step is when you reach the level 30. After that, enemies (who are leveled) are stuck at this level (So quests go slowly/quickly to "very easy"). So I don't think the game will remain "very hard" after level 30 :(
But you will remain be attacked for free and from far, it's already way more fun in my opinion :)

Think its based on the reputation system that is ingame. I noticed the more side quests i did the more gangs would attack me.
If this is true, then it would have had to been introduced in the latest patch, because this has never happened to me before. However, it's also happening for all my playthroughs, even low level characters that haven't done any side quests yet.

Its been kinda non functioning for a long time, i noticed it for the first time in 1.23 when i did alot of Tyger claw missions/hotspots and then went too the ripper in Kabuki that has alot of them outside. Got attacked on sight. Before i hade just strolled in without them even going sus.

Speaking about that, I didn't try, but at low level, if gang members attack you directly now, it's not as safe as before to wandering into high level neighborhoods. You could instant die without any warning. You die without even knowing who killed you or where the bullet come from :D

I don't know, I've never had any issues with enemies prior to this patch. They seem to be much more easily hostile now. I have a brand new character and despite not having done any side quests, assaults, or other activities, was immediately targeted by an assault in progress group of enemies from far away, which is incredibly difficult on Very Hard difficulty.

I don't know, I've never had any issues with enemies prior to this patch. They seem to be much more easily hostile now. I have a brand new character and despite not having done any side quests, assaults, or other activities, was immediately targeted by an assault in progress group of enemies from far away, which is incredibly difficult on Very Hard difficulty.
That i dont know, But for me they aggro much further away even when doing the blue assult in progress things. They even sent a dude to the top of the ramp too keep an eye out for me when i exited Lizzies. I drove to one of the assaults and got attacked before i even exited the car so there much more agressive. Could also be buggy ofc but so far for me it feels more real. I noticed they feel harder too kill too and are much higehr levels compared to me. but when i go stealth route they all die fast and sometimes they still get stuck in cover or just stand there watching there friends die.

Yes, I have several characters and none of this has happened to me before. After the patch, sometimes I'm simply driving around and I get the hostile warning out of nowhere and I'll see assault in progress enemies run away from their designated location to attack me from relatively far away (such as when I'm in the middle of the street).

I played a bit today and noticed they fixed the lamppost near the bar in the badlands. Thanks CDPR! :)
fixed_01.jpeg

If I can see "correctly", lamp posts were not actually "floating" in the air, they were just missing the pillars. :)
Exactly, it was annoying the hell out of me. First time I'm actually playing with 1.3 and I drove to this very bar and lo and behold, no more floating lamps :)

Exactly, it was annoying the hell out of me. First time I'm actually playing with 1.3 and I drove to this very bar and lo and behold, no more floating lamps :)
I think what's going on there is that lamp "posts" and the "light fixtures" are two separate assets in the game. (Probably because the posts are static geometry, and the light fixtures are light sources with added scripts to make them function.)

It's happened in other games, too. Even though the two assets should ideally be loaded at the same time, the engine will have to make two separate calls. If there's a discrepancy with one, the other may still appear just fine -- hence the "floating" light fixtures. :D

Someone on reddit just noticed this, but they've updated the roadmap to include patch 1.3 and it still looks like we're on track for next gen pre 2022. Interesting. Don't know whether it deserves it's own thread but it's interesting because they still seem to be on track. I almost expected everything to be delayed post 2022 especially with how much effort 1.3 seemed to have taken.

1629490124627.png

Oooh, no! Now I have to update the game and play Cyberpunk 2077 again :D And I am looking forward doing that :)
Thanks for the updates!

Legendary Quickhacks no longer drop as loot. Something is broken with this or was this by design?

Yes, I have several characters and none of this has happened to me before. After the patch, sometimes I'm simply driving around and I get the hostile warning out of nowhere and I'll see assault in progress enemies run away from their designated location to attack me from relatively far away (such as when I'm in the middle of the street).
There is a patch note about this for very hard difficulty. At the moment the gangs attacking seem random to me. I had Tygers attack me after I killed some friends on a "close area" and others attacking me when I hadn't done any recent fighting. Aldo the other way around. Killed maelstrom and their neighbours didn't react when they next saw me
Post automatically merged:

Ok what do you guys think of the new voices for commercials? While the overall difference in voices is nice the original had much better versions for some products and it sounds a bit like they toned down the sexual content here. Orgiatic is much worse now in my opinion. I laughed so much sometimes at the previous one. But even Watson Whore the voice is nice but they cut out the "he'll scratch every itch". So don't know

Last edited:
Top Bottom