Patch 1.3 — list of changes

+
I'm by no means impressed but on the other hand I cannot really hate/criticize what they're doing.
The sheer amount of fixes show they aren't lazy, work is being done. Not the work I personally would appreciate - but work is work.

To me it seems like CDPR are on the track, it's just that the sheer amount of, let's say "unimpressive" fixes has to be ironed out before rolling out the big guns.

That being said I'm not coming back yet, a new sleeping spot for Nibbles and a kind of working minimap isn't necessarily what i hoped for after a few months of development. I think it's fair to assume people like me who want cp77s full potential don't need to follow update info untill it's 2022.
Well, I believe you said it yourself at some point: There's much that needs sorted out before they can focus on the really interesting things.
But I do believe that this is one more token in the basket and we're inching closer to that 'really interesting stuff' :)

For the record, there's also 3 things I really wanted to see in the game by now which arent there still. I can only hope its a matter of time...

Just press pause on the DLC talk. There is some heavy underperformance in the general fixing front...

...I'm not saying that these fixes aren't enough, because they weren't from day 1, but cosmetics and DLC... Anything that resembles a shred of putting energy somewhere else needs to be halted. Moderators won't need to be so vigilant then.

And how would that help? Why should they stop developing additional content?
How can the artists that created the new jackets and the car help the coders fix critical bugs?

I find all those "Don't work on DLC before all bugs are fixed!!" complaints pointless because most of the time it's completely different people working on those versus the ones fixing the code/UI/etc.

It's a good list of fixes and improvements but...

We're 8 months post-launch and I still can't walk (without having to use a mod to do it) or sit down on a bench anywhere in the entire game (outside of scripted moments in quests). And I still cannot preview clothing in a clothing store, no mirror, no separate screen to preview clothes; nothing on that, at all. I just want Night City to be more interactive, it still feels too static and 'just there' for the sake of containing the game's quests and nothing else.

I don't know what to say. I... guess that this patch is a good step in the right direction? Maybe? Oh well.

Focus on the most demanded by the community: - Improve the AI of policemen, enemies and NPCS. - Improve driving systems that are now useless. NPCS cannot overcome obstacles, they cannot drive motorcycles, they do not have any AI.
- We need the fast travel system to be optional. Let there be a public transportation system! Like trains, metro... Even stations already exist! Open them up! It's common sense and it feels unorganic that it isn't.
- Increase interaction with the city: bars, recreational stands, interactions with NPCS. This will make the game the excellent open world game it deserves to be! Because art, dubbing and OST are 10/10.

Heck yeah this is what I'm disappointed with. Not bugs, those are normal in any game, not even story or quests being dumb, that's... well it happens. I was disappointed that the quality dropped down drastically after first hours of playthrough. After getting used to the city, which is awesome, small things started building up. Like the complete lack of A.I. of the NPC's. Sitting with Jackie sharing noodles was great, but... no interaction. Only interaction from non-quest NPC's was synchronized crouch and run. Then they vanish in a single second when you turn your back to them. Cars are on rails. A single pixel of your car in their path and the whole traffic is waiting for you to move, they simply can't drive past. And people walk in circles too but that isn't as obvious.

Now don't get me wrong, I like this game. I complain because I like it a LOT and want it to be better. I can see the incredible work of artists, even on the TV shows that I wish I could see on bigger screens than the elevators have. Think I can watch some of them in the apartment but... Yeah and maybe, just maybe please add the third person V moments. Those were goddamn epic. Don't be stuck to the idea of immersion from first person view only. Yeah and hope driving cars in first person will be easier, some cars I can't see the road like I'm some midget.

My take on it is this, there are hundreds of people on the CDPR team, not all of them will have skill sets that are relevant to debugging. Clearly the quest and level design teams have been heavily involved in fixing front end aspects and another group of seemingly less photogenic :p coders are working hard on the backend, it would be lovely to see some of them on a stream but it seems unlikely that we'll get 40 mins of maths, physics and logic.

Outside of those teams there will however still be many devs working just as hard on their disciplines, and it's only fair that some of the graphic artists have had the opportunity to have some of their work added too. I'm sure there's stacks more but we'll probably only get to see that later on in the expansions. Would I like to see more, yip, do I understand why it wasn't top priority at the moment, also yip.

So yeah, "really" the priorities have been fixing the base of the game. Most of the broken quests and perks are mended. They intimated that there's more to come in terms of performance, ai etc and they've finally started on some of the QOL we've been hankering after.

Look no one here, is saying the launch was a success, but unless you're HG Wells then there's nothing anyone can do about it. It was broken, none of the devs were proud of that they're working hard to turn that around.
Some of the fixes will be easy, some of them won't and ultimately some things won't ever get fixed but it seems that won't be for a want of effort. It will take time, if you didn't get a refund when they were on offer then suck it up and wait like the rest of us.

Woohoo!! So much stuff!

However, I am not having any 'issues' that are supposed to be fixed now. I am afraid that getting this DLC might screw a lot up for me. I have been (and STILL am) having a blast (no pun intended) playing this game. Please tell me that I am not the only one that isn't having issues.....okay maybe a couple but not THAT many at all. I DO like how you're fixing the hard mode tho'. I do like a challenge. ;) Great job, CDPR. I know that many will be much happier with all the work you have done and are still doing. *doing a run-by squeezing of all of ya) <3

Guest 4571258

What media CDPR does not pay for has to say about 1.3 stream and patch notes:

Begs the question whether there will be a "BIG UPDATE" that 1.2 and 1.3 were supposed to be.

Woohoo!! So much stuff!

However, I am not having any 'issues' that are supposed to be fixed now. I am afraid that getting this DLC might screw a lot up for me. I have been (and STILL am) having a blast (no pun intended) playing this game. Please tell me that I am not the only one that isn't having issues.....okay maybe a couple but not THAT many at all. I DO like how you're fixing the hard mode tho'. I do like a challenge. ;) Great job, CDPR. I know that many will be much happier with all the work you have done and are still doing. *doing a run-by squeezing of all of ya) <3
Sure thing Tiger.
I also haven't seen most if not any of those issues.
The only one I recognized straight up is the spawn in driverseat thing during the Ghost Town Quest.
But pretty much the remainder of the fixes are also quite void on me. :)
Post automatically merged:

thank god I have got influencers to tell me how to think and not judge from what I just saw and heard
Yeah funny that. I was looking if it was possible to rewatch that stream of CDPR so I just entered it on YT if it would be there.
I didn't even realise all those clickbait CCs would be all over it. I pretty much immediately closed the webbrowser because I cannot stand these CCs for shit :giveup:

Some pages back in this thread I saw something about a toxic chat during that stream? No doubt all those CCs are gonna be all over that, milking it dry. Sad ... really sad.

Not sure what to think.
First, changes - expected.
Almost everybody understood after few weeks that the game was released at least a year too early, and it shows.
If you have hundreds of bug fixes, and almost 100 only affecting quests, 7-8 months after release - your game was not ready, simple as that.
This is not really questionable in my opinion.
I am not thankful, why should I? They do what they have to to not let Cyberpunk 2077 die.
If they don't, good luck with their next project.
It's business not a good will, anybody think otherwise, really?

What bothers me is a different thing.
Why to market bugfixes and super small additions so much?
I don't get it.
20 minutes stream to showcase few small changes, really?
For one, I got that devs are really stressed about this, you could tell.
I feel bad for them, for sure.
For sure they are also very passionate, what is even worst that they are on the spotlight now and not their boss.
Imagine, you know you released unfinished game because your boss told you so.
And now, you say "I know that it is 8 months after release and there are still many not working perks, but we can fix few of them now and I promise, later will fix more", I would feel really embarrassed because I would know it is not my fault that the game was released so early.
Was it really worth it?

In my opinion, CDPR has to continue with finishing the game, but please spare those poor devs so they don't have to be embarrassed and apologize for not their decisions. Wait at least until game is kind of finished, maybe 4-5 more months, and then think about marketing it this way.

Last edited:
20 minutes stream to showcase few small changes, really?
No one was "forced" to watch the stream, you could just wait the patch note if you wanted ;)
Me, I found it awesome and very cool to watch :)
Some pages back in this thread I saw something about a toxic chat during that stream? No doubt all those CCs are gonna be all over that, milking it dry. Sad ... really sad.
Trully impossible to read, between trolls, an ocean of icons and haters... GG if you have managed to keep it on the screen :D

Last edited:
And how would that help? Why should they stop developing additional content?
How can the artists that created the new jackets and the car help the coders fix critical bugs?

I find all those "Don't work on DLC before all bugs are fixed!!" complaints pointless because most of the time it's completely different people working on those versus the ones fixing the code/UI/etc.
The artists that made the car focus their attention on pedestrian car variety? Focus on your own car customization variety? Anything other than piling on that pre-set car bundle you can get from a contact? The artist making clothing items into DLC to make varieties of existing clothing items in bigger diversity than color and once again... NPC clothing variants. There's a ton you start noticing repeating when you just stop sprinting from place to place.

I would have enjoyed walking, but it's not really implemented yet (yet, becuase it SHOULD), but I know why... If you were to be slow, the illusion of detail and unique flavor would break on you. Now, not only do artists have to do something with DLC, but now those faces featured in the stream (q designer, lvl designer) also investing time in DLCs when their technical roles to quests could be re-implementing some seemingly patched up holes for different unique approaches in stories.

What this DLC talk shows to me is that they want to blow past core issues. I held out hope this far for them to really bring out something RPG-esque and immersive. (like how they claim to pay attention how a DLC jacket is given by a ripper, but the ability to erase your perk knowledge is just a menu button for eddies). I am such a fool for believing CDPR, when I pre-ordered it on GOG, then purchased on Steam even in it's broken state just to play on Linux once it's fixed. I paid double to be naive

Top Bottom