Patch 1.3 — list of changes

+
Voiced ads have been translated in Italian too, so i guess it's true for every language. Didn't expect that, it's a very nice update for us foreigners, eh.

Only problem is, italian phrases are usually longer than english ones; this results in many voiced phrases being cut in half, since the speaker can't "catch up" with the video fast enough.

This has been a problem since release with shows such as the Ziggy Q one: people can't finish their phrases before the other interlocutor starts speaking. Even when they manage to finish their phrases, lip sync is several seconds late, to the point that you hear Ziggy Q speaking when on video it's the other guy who's doing the talk.

Already submitted tickets for the problem.
Man that was a big laps then. Of course the voice over wpuld have to work with the in-game used timings

Voiced ads have been translated in Italian too, so i guess it's true for every language. Didn't expect that, it's a very nice update for us foreigners, eh.

Only problem is, italian phrases are usually longer than english ones; this results in many voiced phrases being cut in half, since the speaker can't "catch up" with the video fast enough.

This has been a problem since release with shows such as the Ziggy Q one: people can't finish their phrases before the other interlocutor starts speaking. Even when they manage to finish their phrases, lip sync is several seconds late, to the point that you hear Ziggy Q speaking when on video it's the other guy who's doing the talk.

Already submitted tickets for the problem.
I don't know if it's possible to fix that :(
In french, I don't know how it's possible, but it's often too short (so he "speak" with no voice, like Peralez or Ziggy). Maybe by shortening or lengthening videos for each languages, but that would lag all the videos. So I don't know :(

Another thing who it's maybe only for non-english version, it's there are new dialogue lines for enemies who are hacked :)
Like for "Optics Reboot" (my favorite one) and maelstromers (the most common for me actually), they have some new lines (maybe there were not translated before 1.3) like (translated) :
Hey guys i think i got disconnected from the network !
Crap, I have a malfunction of my optics !
What is happening to me ? I'm blind !

I don't know if it's possible to fix that :(

That's probably due to the voice actors being handled the script, but without giving them any context.

They probably recorded their lines for the ads and tv shows without seeing in real time what they were actually dubbing. Happens all the time in the industry.

During in-game dialogues, voice actors quite often change the words or the rhythm of their lines to better sync with the labial and body language of the characters. This unfortunately didn't happen during in-game tv shows.

Hard to fix it now without recording all the lines from scratch.

That's probably due to the voice actors being handled the script, but without giving them any context.

They probably recorded their lines for the ads and tv shows without seeing in real time what they were actually dubbing. Happens all the time in the industry.

During in-game dialogues, voice actors quite often change the words or the rhythm of their lines to better sync with the labial and body language of the characters. This unfortunately didn't happen during in-game tv shows.

Hard to fix it now without recording all the lines from scratch.
Wep very hard. For characters in game it seem way more "easy" due to the system to synchronize voice and character that CDPR use, I think (not perfect, but not bad at all).
But I'm not complaining, in terms of game translation, it's worth 9.9/10. There are still some untranslated ambient sounds (like the voice in V's megabuilding). But games translated at this level are rare... too rare...

Yes it's a pity the missed timings, I'm portuguese but use the english sound. I remember Vs voice actors saying they were given a time to say the lines, so they would be synchronized and both working when co-acting with the other characters. But this attention to detail in the voice acting directing didn't happen on other languages for these kinds of things? Commercials,...
I love the voice acting on the game but one thing I'll say is you can see the actors weren't aware of some physical situations, for example
on Evelyn's BD, when Yorinobu pulls her the voice remains steady, doesn't play with what the body went through. But Evelyn's actress was excelent
Sorry for the completely off-topic and will stop

Thanks for the patch CDPR!
I really appreciate your hard work :howdy:

Finally after 7 month we have the minimap update!
Yeah, I could just use the mods... they fixed like 3 weeks after the game was out.....but now that is from you guys it's better!

Forgive me father, for I have sinned. I noticed Nibbles was in the shower. I wondered what would happen if I started the shower in that moment. Nibbles furiously hissed and the I noticed he was gone. I found it later under the desk, making angry noises a I approached him. I swear I just wanted to test his reaction!

Another little change I think :)
For the passive ability of Legendary Short Circuit QH, it's no longer "inflict his level 1 effect on all attacks", but now it's only "critical attacks who inflict his effect".
A litlle nerf I think, it was also way to powerful before.

Another little change I think :)
For the passive ability of Legendary Short Circuit QH, it's no longer "inflict his level 1 effect on all attacks", but now it's only "critical attacks who inflict his effect".
A litlle nerf I think, it was also way to powerful before.
I haven't played netrunner for awhile until this playthrough but contagion doesn't do a thing now right? I think they balanced that one too much

I haven't played netrunner for awhile until this playthrough but contagion doesn't do a thing now right? I think they balanced that one too much
Not upgraded it to legendary yet, but the passive ability of contagion was "QHs who spreading, spread once more" (or two, I'm not sure).

I can't "ping" anyone without starting a global war. God, it's possible that "nerf" is the only word that CDP know now if we talk of gameplay balance and graphics optimizations? plus I have a damn "vasyan upload complete" glitch when I load the lates saves! :disapprove:

Last edited:
Not upgraded it to legendary yet, but the passive ability of contagion was "QHs who spreading, spread once more" (or two, I'm not sure).
I mean in terms of health it takes out. Now when I use rare contagion all it does is alert enemies that they're being attacked but the attack itself doesn't do anything
Edit: the way it was before from what I remember it was too buffed up but now is just symbolic

I mean in terms of health it takes out. Now when I use rare contagion all it does is alert enemies that they're being attacked but the attack itself doesn't do anything
Edit: the way it was before from what I remember it was too buffed up but now is just symbolic
CDPR have patch/nerf the chance for enemies to locate you, when you use an offensive quick hack, for sure ;)
I have legendary short circuit who apply level 1 effect on all critical attacks with weapons, and the progress bar is launched way more often with my gun (100% crit chance), almost always... even if the dude die immediatly.

But if I remember (because I never use too much contagion), it was "weak" before to be epic and with good perks (+ 100% damage by surprise, 30% more damage, QH does crit damage). But once in epic or legendary and with perks for spread and spreading distance, it was just devastating :D

Last edited:
I noticed in a lot of dialogues the timings have been fixed. Before if a character interrupted another for example there was a pause between being interrupted and the interruption, now characters even speak over each other as it was suposed. Example: the talk between ziggy and the police officer in one of the loading screens

There is no Royal Blue Radio in V's apartment, because gangs don't listen to that kind of music and you get the same radio receiver? I suppose on a street radio receiver it is also not possible to turn on the Royal Blue Radio.

When falling from a motorcycle, V continues to lie and does not get up.

I can't see all my scripts in the inventory, duplicates are not shown? They are visible only from the seller.

Last edited:
I can't see all my scripts in the inventory, duplicates are not shown? They are visible only from the seller.
You talk about quick hacks ?
If yes, it like that since day one. You see only one and the better one (if you have a legendary Short Circuit), you only see this one and not all the lower versions.

The one thing I'm happiest about with 1.3 is the sync between the game-startup text (like legal/copyright stuff, shown in red/pink) and the audio, in the PC version.

When I was playing 1.2 I'd see the visual glitching on my screen, as part of the transition, then about 300ms later I'd hear the "bzzt" that goes with it.

It was off-putting that every time the game started, I had to deal with an un-skippable set of text with out-of-sync graphics/audio.

So pleased it's fixed!

Top Bottom