Patch 1.3 — list of changes

+
Call it "a version"...call it "a wrapper"...call it "hooking the calls"...call it whatever you wish.

Fact: Microsoft introduced limited support for DirectX 12 on Windows 7.

Fact: It doesn't work all that well.

Fact: It is only available through Windows Updates.

Fact: There's no further support for it. Not for users, not for studios, not for anyone. It's done.

These are the only facts that matter in the situation concerning CP2077.

Conclusion: If I have CP2077 on Windows 7 and have a DirectX issue -- I'm largely on my own, and my options are going to be very limited.

These are not facts they are opinions at best. Microsoft NEVER introduced DX12 to Win 7. Reaf this article as proof, which I notice you have not provided any of:

It is NOT available through Windows Updates. Never has. Show me a link then. Here is more proof that it is NOT par5t of any update:

Go to Win 7 and look at what's available. NOWHERE is DX12 listed. You are wrong. Show me ANY proof of what you claim. You can't because there is NONE.

None of what you wrote the above has any facts in it. Just misguided opinions.

Now, let's talk about your claim that EVERYONE on Win7 having the same issue would be "fine". Nope -- people have all sorts of different issues. Mine was that after the Day 0 patch hit, I would get an occasional CTD. Mostly, I could use the character creator for hours on end with no issue. Then, at some point during the prologue, the game would crash again. Normally, it would be a few seconds after the start. Sometimes, I'd be able to play for a minute or two.

Not ONE person on Win 7 looking into a mirror didn't have a crash. There were dozens and dozens of these reports.
Or, believe whatever you want.

Only one of us has provided links and proof so I guess you should take your on advice and believe whatever you want. Or maybe you can provide a link to a Microsoft site to show me wrong and you right. I doubt it because they don't exist.

Biut doesn't matter what you say or what I say. CDPR is the one responsible and being held responsible by players. Now they can gain some goodwill and fix their problem or they can say Win 7 will not work. Or they can say and do neither and lose future sales.

The building doesn't have doors to enter in it. But it impossible to go up as the lifter is locked, the staff only door is also locked like the door on the left.
So it's this one ? (to be sure)
Gig:Guinea Pigs
If yes, you can talk to the guy at the reception of the building ?
(Normally even with all doors locked, you could reach the elevator by the security gates. The dudes will attack you obviously, but you can do it, I think, no ?)

Same here can only enter rest room or outside side entrance. All other doors are locked including the elevator, this level worked before 1.3 patch.

These are not facts they are opinions at best. Microsoft NEVER introduced DX12 to Win 7. Reaf this article as proof, which I notice you have not provided any of:

It is NOT available through Windows Updates. Never has. Show me a link then. Here is more proof that it is NOT par5t of any update:

Go to Win 7 and look at what's available. NOWHERE is DX12 listed. You are wrong. Show me ANY proof of what you claim. You can't because there is NONE.

None of what you wrote the above has any facts in it. Just misguided opinions.

Not ONE person on Win 7 looking into a mirror didn't have a crash. There were dozens and dozens of these reports.

Only one of us has provided links and proof so I guess you should take your on advice and believe whatever you want. Or maybe you can provide a link to a Microsoft site to show me wrong and you right. I doubt it because they don't exist.

Biut doesn't matter what you say or what I say. CDPR is the one responsible and being held responsible by players. Now they can gain some goodwill and fix their problem or they can say Win 7 will not work. Or they can say and do neither and lose future sales.
I'm at a loss trying to understand your logic:

Go to Win 7 and look at what's available. NOWHERE is DX12 listed.
The reason there is no download for DirectX 12 ANYWHERE on that page is because...

(Clears his throat...loosens up...gets a running start...and speaks...sparklers waving in either hand for emphasis...)

DirectX 12 is only available via Windows Update. It has no standalone installer. The only way to get any DX12 functionality on your system, for Windows 7 or Windows 10, is to receive the Windows Updates that apply support.

This process is native to Windows 10.

It was added by popular demand to Windows 7, but only in a limited form.

If you want any proof, you can hop onto Microsoft.com and read until you learn how DirectX 12 gets installed on your system.

If you believe that receiving partial support for an API that a studio must then customize in-house in order to achieve limited functionality with a game somehow makes using that API easier than using a fully supported API...I don't know what to tell you.

Good luck with it all.

Last edited:
The building doesn't have doors to enter in it. But it impossible to go up as the lifter is locked, the staff only door is also locked like the door on the left.

So it's this one ? (to be sure)
Gig:Guinea Pigs
If yes, you can talk to the guy at the reception of the building ?
(Normally even with all doors locked, you could reach the elevator by the security gates. The dudes will attack you obviously, but you can do it, I think, no ?)
Same here can only enter rest room or outside side entrance. All other doors are locked including the elevator, this level worked before 1.3 patch.
Don't remember hearing about that gitch before. Confirming that everyone is talking about the Guinea Pigs gig?

You seriously nerfed the charge jump? You took out the one thing that I found continuously enjoyable about this game. Exploration. The parkour element. Thanks for that.

Why ruin the fun parts of your game??? Why???

What happened to the orgiatic ad? It's different... It's horrifying. I need it back yelling at me, fueling my nightmares
If you play in english, I don't know, but all ads are now translated (And I agree, it's different... probably better before).

I'm currently in the Walk the Line mission for the first time. I'm playing on the newest patch (1.3). I snuck through the mission and defeated Sasquatch prior to investigating the van. Apparently this causes the game breaking bug of the shutters closing and not reopening. Your notes say this is resolved. It was not. I have also noticed the Animals running through the gates which your notes also say was fixed. I'm currently running a repair of the install and trying again. I'm really bummed. All of my auto-save loads were from within this building. My hard saves are several hours back. I'm really bummed. Really really bummed at this bug. I know you can't snap your fingers and fix it, but please note that these bugs are still persistent.

I'm currently in the Walk the Line mission for the first time. I'm playing on the newest patch (1.3). I snuck through the mission and defeated Sasquatch prior to investigating the van. Apparently this causes the game breaking bug of the shutters closing and not reopening. Your notes say this is resolved. It was not. I have also noticed the Animals running through the gates which your notes also say was fixed. I'm currently running a repair of the install and trying again. I'm really bummed. All of my auto-save loads were from within this building. My hard saves are several hours back. I'm really bummed. Really really bummed at this bug. I know you can't snap your fingers and fix it, but please note that these bugs are still persistent.
Some changes may not be retroactively applied. As in, if you've advanced to a certain point in the game, the bug cannot be "fixed", however it can be prevented.

If it's still happening, try reloading back a ways and play through the quest again. If it still happens, reload to a point before that quest was active in your journal. Sometimes, that's the only way to correct issues.

On a separate note, can people confirm that you're all seeing the same bug in Gigs: Guinea Pigs as noted here? That one definitely sounds new to me.

On a separate note, can people confirm that you're all seeing the same bug in Gigs: Guinea Pigs as noted here? That one definitely sounds new to me.
Not on my side, but some players yes. It seem to be new and the support are "aware" about this bug (the support have already answer to @mancslad)

Well, first GIG in 1.3 and two new clothes in the two containers (possibly in legendary if you are level 40+). Before it was the same as Royce one (spikes jacket) on the roof of the maelstromer building and a "long" maelstromer jacket in Aaron's apartment.
Gig: Scrolls Before Swine
So I think all (most) the clothes in containers in GIGs have changed (weapons still the same, I think).
It's pretty cool :)
20cc7fb8-f84a-4a6b-812c-99811c61d94b.PNG55f0329a-60bb-4d0f-9657-bbaed12f6ecf.PNG

They fixed the cable attaching to the monitor, (yellow framed) when jacking in. It is now correctly from the bottom, instead of sticking it directly in to the screen as it was till now! I like that =)

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your hardwork that's great. However can you please fix every bug in the quest "epistrophy" in the next patch ( no phone call from delamain, stuck in phone call, no interaction with cabs, can't call someone else for the whole game, etc...) ? I wait since the first week of the game release to do this quest, I just want to do every quest in the game but I can't because of this quest so please try to fix it if you can. Thanks again and I know you do your best.

Wait a minute...
I can't believe I didn't notice that...
Can you see strange things on my items ? On my clothes, but it's way more obvious on my weapons :)

3b614add-8cea-4258-9efc-08f638150e1b.PNG

• Improved the Crafting system, so that items with Random quality scale their quality with player's Crafting skill — it's not possible anymore to roll a quality exceeding that of the relevant Crafting skill.
So yes, now there is no longer "randomness" about mods crafting, but I didn't know (because I have just reach the level 18 in Crafting) that mods can now be crafted in legendary instead of epic (all the mods that you can craft like armadillo, backpacker, crunch, pacifier, penetrator,...)
For example, armadillo can now add 270 armor each instead of "only" 240.
5a81fbed-82e3-4aaf-843b-6fbec695f6d5.PNG8e64802b-a928-4509-8456-8aab14d09981.PNGe5aa4172-2d6a-4ddd-a217-f64227351a30.PNG
It’s so great :D

Please do something with keyboard layout. The game isn't bad, but the control (on PC) is horrible (and the lack of customizability).

can confirm this happened to me as well in patch 1.30. was bummed as well.
took a day off and had to go back to my save of before entering building.
i did the exact same as you stealthed the entire building took out sasquatch then went to van and had no way to advance since doors/gate was shut.

Top Bottom