Patch 1.3 Quest Broken: These Boots Are Made For Walking

+
Playing as a Nomad after Patch 1.3 the quest These Boots Are Made For Walking is now broken. The car does not appear at the designated quest location after receiving the quest; so V cannot scan the car and open the hood to trigger the next part of the quest.

Attachments

• 2021-08-21.png
    2021-08-21.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 352
Was logging in to post the exact same situation. Im in the location and I have the info to:
Look under the hood
Scan your old car (optional).

But there is not car!

Attachments

• Captura de Ecrã (39).png
    Captura de Ecrã (39).png
    3.4 MB · Views: 294
My save data didn't receive text messages from vehicle even main quests almost completed so I can't start quest in the first place.

If you don't use mods, you can report it to CDPR Support, like always.
But if you're using mods, just keep your fingers crossed that this bug also happens in the vanilla game and it gets fixed in the next patch/hotfix (and that other players who encounter this problem also reported it).

CEAN0

Forum regular
Did the mission a few days ago and then it worked just fine with mods, but i did reload from a earlier save due som other stuff i wanted to test and now the car is not there with the same mods as before.

And i don't think that the mods we are using today can impact on quests/missions, no mods is altering any of those...at least not any of my mods.

Same problem - I'm running modded so I can't submit a bug report on it - I've tried disabling all mods - that makes no difference and given that unmodded game players are having the same bug - I can assume it's not mod related. Still, I don't want to waste time reporting on a modded game that they can't reproduce or support.

Still proken for me with 1.31 patch, running no mod version of the game.
I think you can report it (maybe again), but providing a save.
I'm quite sure the bug can "persist" in the save even after the update :(

Hello there,

it's been a while since I played through the hole game. Now I've got a problem with the side quest, "these boots are made for walkin". The old car of my Nomad character ist just missing. Any Ideas how to solve this one?

Version: PC (Steam), Patch 1.31

Any one that knows what is triggering this mission?

Why i ask is that after patch 1.31 it worked the first time, then i went back to an save before i got that mission and then when i got it again the car was not there. So if i know what is triggering the mission i can troubleshoot what to do or not to do before you get the mission.

Any one that knows what is triggering this mission?
I think you hace just to complete Ghost Town (the same as the black caliburn for spawn).
I don't think you have to complete "Life During War Time" (Hellman) for trigger it.

OK i got it to work and i think i know what is causing the problem, you have to do the mission direct when you get it, don't do any other missions before it.

This is the point i am in the game when it worked....

Have talked to Rogue and got the phone number to Panam (have not called here).
Have done the mission in Clouds but have not called Judy yet.
Have not done the meeting with Takamura at the market.

...but i am pretty sure that the issue is that you need to do it direct you get the mission and not to do anything before you do it!

I put off looking at the text about the car. When I did look at it and activated the next quest I went straight there but it was gone.

I thinking, I didn't do it right away, no problem for me, the car was here, but I read the message "only" just before. It could also be that no ?
(the quest was in "stand-by" for a good while in my case)

Top Bottom