Patch 1.3 ?

+
Patch 1.3 ?

Seeing as some major problems still continue, I'd imagine the dev team have been informed...yes?Anyway, any chances of a new patch? I think it would be nice to have a finished product all together. Either way, I really like this game, it would be a shame to see sails fail due to something a patch can fix.

I would be utterly disappointed if there was not going to be 1.3 patch. The game seems to be a success in terms of sales and reviews/awards. Iam waiting for 1.3 to play the game through again.

Shortly after game release I read in an interview, article or whatever there will be patches until there isn't anything to patch ;) I think the reason why we don't have any hint for a patch 1.3 now is that the devs are very busy to finish the Djinni tool.

oh man they'd better release a patch to fix the vista crashes, this is a games for windows title...

I think a huge problem is resource usage and memory modification. I get this feeling that some resources aren't being managed correctly therefore causing unnecessary low performance.

Aye, performance issues hopefully are top of their things to do. I'm actually shelving the game for the time being in the hopes that its performance and loading/saving times will improve after more patches are released. I've loved what I've seen of the game so far, but the loading times are ruining the immersion for me, so fingers crossed they're still working on optimization.

mortama said:
Aye, performance issues hopefully are top of their things to do. I'm actually shelving the game for the time being in the hopes that its performance and loading/saving times will improve after more patches are released. I've loved what I've seen of the game so far, but the loading times are ruining the immersion for me, so fingers crossed they're still working on optimization.
The loading times are a non issue now after patch 1.2. This game runs flawless for me now. This game is fast becoming one of my Golden FAVs

Load times didn't change much for me under Vista64 with 1.2.There's definitely a great deal left that needs to be fixed.

Bateluer said:
Load times didn't change much for me under Vista64 with 1.2.There's definitely a great deal left that needs to be fixed.
They did for me with Vista 64, there is an issue with your PC, not the game, patch 1.2 fixed the load times drastically.

Don't have Vista, but 1.2 changed load times dramatically. I do manage what is allowed to run in the background and on boot up religiously. Too darn many applications are set to run in the background if you're not paying attention. You might give that a look see as a starting point.

i hope they bring out 1.3 as i would ove to play the game but cant with all the problem using vista 32 try all the in gmae tech fixs none work

mike- said:
oh man they'd better release a patch to fix the vista crashes, this is a games for windows title...
I know it's not a good way to work it out, but since i'm using the windows XP SP2 compatibility feature in vista for this game, the crash has stop, until now at least and playing for about 3 hours without any crash, as before every 10 minutes it was back to the desktop....good luck.I too hope there will be another patch for all the other bugs

bladerunner said:
bladerunner said:
I know it's not a good way to work it out, but since i'm using the windows XP SP2 compatibility feature in vista for this game, the crash has stop, until now at least and playing for about 3 hours without any crash, as before every 10 minutes it was back to the desktop....good luck.I too hope there will be another patch for all the other bugs[/quWhatIdiocy ensuesote]

newfgamer said:
They did for me with Vista 64, there is an issue with your PC, not the game, patch 1.2 fixed the load times drastically.
There's nothing wrong with my machine. The 1.2 patch made only a minimal difference. Regardless, there are still a lot of kinks to be worked out in the game.

bladerunner said:
bladerunner said:
I know it's not a good way to work it out, but since i'm using the windows XP SP2 compatibility feature in vista for this game, the crash has stop, until now at least and playing for about 3 hours without any crash, as before every 10 minutes it was back to the desktop....good luck.I too hope there will be another patch for all the other bugs
i tried that already, no go :/

Bateluer said:
My load times were cut in about 1/3 or more after 1.2, and I've now made it all the way through Act I without a single crash. Before, I was crashing about every 15 minutes!! I'm also using Vista x64.

Guest 2067613

The best explanation I've seen of the Vista problems was that they lie in the DirectX 10 implementation of DirectX 9, mostly on NVidia drivers with dual core 32 bit Vista. Not much a Witcher patch can do, if that's the case, and the evidence is strong enough for me. I played through on XP without a hitch, but I'm really looking forward to the next time through.

Top Bottom