Patch 1.3?

+
Patch 1.3?

I have decided to shelve this game for now until a lot of the bugs get worked out...I dont want to get stuck half way through the game by a showstopper. Any idea when the next patch is coming out?

dmelch said:
I have decided to shelve this game for now until a lot of the bugs get worked out...I dont want to get stuck half way through the game by a showstopper. Any idea when the next patch is coming out?
Since the overall feedback suggests that patch 1.2 was rather successful one, it might help, if you voice your problems with the game in more concrete way, so the devs actually get know of them. If you do not tell, there is slight chance they will not be fixed even in 1.3 ;).

1.2 certainly solved a lot of the 'slower than a dawdling sloth' problem, but I've still got some issues with it - crashes on exit (ask M$ for the dumps, that's where they went), a coupel of occasions where it stuck at loading a new area 9task manager said no responding - picture of the new area ('the fields' iirc) on screen, but no attempt to it (no disk activity at all). Got a minor (?) scripting bug, in that I can only tell Julian 'Nothing I could do for Celina', even though I actually fixed her up using the %spoiler%.Couple of occasions I have been killed stone dead by one blow (from 100% healthy), by a) a Wyvern (just plain vanilla, not even royal), b) a Wraith, and c) a boxer (the one BEFORE 'the Rock'). I mean Boxing is not supposed to lead to death, right? Unless there is some %age chance of being struck by a meteorite at random times ???

I have the millers gate bug where I cant cant past chapter 1 into vizima. Screen goes black and I can hear things but see nothing and no buttons work. At first I thought it was part of the game, maybe geralt got knocked out and would wake up, but apparently not. Maybe I missed a quest of something somewhere that would let me get into the city. A lot of other folks are posting the same problem, so hopefully it will get fixed in 1.3. I am shelving the game for now because I am reading about other show stopper bugs and I dont want to get 1/2 way through the game and get stopped by another bug. I am playing the demo savegame but I see posts from others that arent and are having the same problem. How this game got such high scores in PC Gamer is beyond me. Usually when a game is released with this many bugs it gets points taken off, I would have given it a 60% instead of 90%.

dmelch said:
I have the millers gate bug where I cant cant past chapter 1 into vizima. Screen goes black and I can hear things but see nothing and no buttons work. At first I thought it was part of the game, maybe geralt got knocked out and would wake up, but apparently not. Maybe I missed a quest of something somewhere that would let me get into the city. A lot of other folks are posting the same problem, so hopefully it will get fixed in 1.3. I am shelving the game for now because I am reading about other show stopper bugs and I dont want to get 1/2 way through the game and get stopped by another bug. I am playing the demo savegame but I see posts from others that arent and are having the same problem. How this game got such high scores in PC Gamer is beyond me. Usually when a game is released with this many bugs it gets points taken off, I would have given it a 60% instead of 90%.
Omg, I'm not only one! That must be repaired immediately

Similar here, I am assuming its the part after the cave and you meet the priest and his crew? I make my decision (dont know the spoiler tag sorry) and tell him that he is a bad person ... then it crashes :(

If you used the saves from the demo, then this will happen always I think, nothing you can do except restart and clear out those other saves. If you didn't use the demo saves then I think you have to restart anyway, chapter 1 isn't that long and if you know what you are doing you can save plenty of time, you can also just get a save from somebody but thats up to you.

What is the deal with the "Sketchy" sound... when i played the game at first the sound and speech was perfect, but then about 20 minutes into the game the enviroment and speech started to skip like a needle on a record player. it gets really anoying after awhile. plus when the characters speak sometimes they completly miss words.

4jeffjohnston said:
What is the deal with the "Sketchy" sound... when i played the game at first the sound and speech was perfect, but then about 20 minutes into the game the enviroment and speech started to skip like a needle on a record player. it gets really anoying after awhile. plus when the characters speak sometimes they completly miss words.
Yeah I get this issue two. According to the witcher wiki the anti-piracy prog doesn't really like SATA or scsi drives so after some time playing it will start to get all sketchy as you say. It's really annoying to have to restart your computer after every 30 minute game session. Yeah you gotta restart the comp, just restarting the game doesn't help it. I'm really getting sick of this stupid anti-piracy crap, didn't pay 50 bucks to have them dork around with my computer. Ugh, /rant over:O. I have no will to stop tho so i'll live with the constant restarting for it is a good game. Here's hoping 1.3 comes sooner rather then later and hopefully addresses that wakked out anti-piracy prog.Moo

4jeffjohnston said:
I was getting this issue too, but an update to my sound card drivers seems to have fixed it. Check your drivers are up to date.

CardinalCyn said:
CardinalCyn said:
I was getting this issue too, but an update to my sound card drivers seems to have fixed it. Check your drivers are up to date.
As one who has had the same problem, I can say that updating didn't help me. Updated fully on my audigy, still had the issue after 20+ minutes of gameplay. Figured it could be the card so I jumped on my onboard sound and bam same problem with as updated drivers as you can get!-moo

oldwise said:
Same with me. Got stuck at the gate.So annoying !!!
Same here! Stuck with sound and no video after Geralt drops his sword, while surrounded by guards. Not using a save from the Demo version, but there are some Demo saves in the folder. HELP!*edit: why don't you figure out a way to FLAG which saved game files are DEMO, CDProjekt??? Or have them in a unique folder from the Retail version, at least?

Goodness above. This needs to be stickied somewhere.[shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]You must completely uninstall the demo. You cannot use a save from the demo to continue in the original game. Nor do you want to, you missed quite a lot of stuff.[/glow][/shadow]

hope they make a patch for vista my game crashes after 20 minutes just as i get into it looks excellent hope they will adress the issues with vista

the crashing bugs have been around for a while, and i seriously doubt that there will be a 1.3 patch at this point/e i withdraw this statement, there is an enhanced edition "patch" coming ot people who bought it, maybe that will fix it?

Top Bottom