Patch 1.30 -- Changelog

+
Sadly some annoying bugs are still in the game :(
Just by playing for 2 hours I noticed that these bugs are still in the game:

-If you have "Puppet" and "Delusion both equiped and try to HOLD Q for the alternative sign, there is a high chance that Geralt will do the "normal" Axii instead (Not equiping delusion fixes the problem.)
-When you are in a city where Roach has a "speed limit" and you teleport to another sign post, outside the city, Roach still doesn't want to run fast. Restarting the game or "keep playing" for several minutes solves this problem
-Bolts still can be equiped/changed under water with the TAB/Wheel menu (A bug that was reported several times :-/ )
-When in combat you can de-equip abilities which will trigger the info "Cannot be done while in combat", but the ability is still disabled
-Bandits are "invisible" and spawn after a long time (after meditating), so you can loot everything without fighting

Also 2 important questions, because I guess it will never get "fixed"(It's maybe not a bug, but it's annoying):

First, my screensaver is going on, when I watch a dialogue for 2-3 min, that doesn't happen in any other game that I play on Fullscreen, while not moving with the mouse or touching the keyboard.

Second, since I got a new GPU I like to watch the load "%" while playing. I noticed that even when you press "Esc" in TW3 and alt-tab to Windows, my gpu and cpu is running almost on 100% ? It's only happening in TW3,too. Can we stop this somehow? Is it the engine that lets my PC work while there is nothing to render? :p

If the physical versions of the GOTY edition already include patch 1.30 on disk, then the patch had to be finished a while ago (consider all the time needed for preparing a physical release, console certifications, shipping it to retailers world-wide, etc.), so it is not that surprising that recently reported bugs could not be fixed. Perhaps there will be another patch until the end of the year that fixes some of the remaining bugs.

Recently reported?! I just checked and I reported this issue not just over a month ago, but two full months ago. That is not recent

Recently reported?! I just checked and I reported this issue not just over a month ago, but two full months ago. That is not recent

Well, your original post I replied to said "more than a month ago", so I did not know the exact amount of time. Anyway, there is only a small team working on the patches now, and there are still a lot of bugs reported, they simply do not have the resources to fix everything in time. I reported some (not game breaking) bugs myself, and none were fixed so far.

Indeed....

Man I was really hoping they'd fix this.

The lack of sharpening or reduced sharpening in Toussaint was said to be an "artistic" decision, so it might not be changed for that reason.

Last edited:
Is it the ultimate patch for the game (so I know if I start my second playthrough or wait for another one)?

Anyway, thank you for the effort of supporting the game for 1 year+. I'm a disappointed sad there was no word about the "always raining in Novigrad area" bug (the last thing that was bugging me), but overall a good job.

Now I've Cyberpunk on my waiting list. Hope it will not rain too much.

To Marcin and CDPR,

I am a long-time lurker, and first-time poster. My question is this. Are you in position to say whether there are any plans to reinstate the original armor textures?

Caveat: I recognize that my post may come across as selfish, in light of some of the more pressing gameplay issues. But please understand that this was the only way for me to express my concerns, trivial or silly as they may seem.

-----------------------------------
I am an avid TW3 player (PS4). And while I admit to not having played previous iterations in the franchise, I can say that TW3 has become my all-time favourite game. So I want to thank you and CDPR, as well as the fantastic community for making this experience possible for all of us.

That being said, despite boundless enjoyment, I was bummed to see that the armor issue was not addressed in 1.30. It bears mentioning that, as console gamers, we do not have access to mods. As such, we often feel systematically excluded from the many amazing feats and fixes that the modding community produces. Though for one, I understand this to be the price to pay for being a “console peasant.” Still, I believe this phenomenon to be one reason why the console issue was never going to take center stage in CDPR’s eye. Let me explain.

Whenever a forum member expresses discontent regarding a controversial change, the immediate reflex of the community is to refer to a remedial mod. When this happens, there is usually a stark lack of follow-up as to the insufficiency of the solution for console players. This conveys to CDPR an illusory sense of community satisfaction. But in fact, what this creates is a self-perpetuating cycle wherein console player concerns routinely go unanswered. In other words, the practical effect of those community interactions is to silence the discontent actually felt by players who will have no choice but to accept unwanted changes as “creative decisions.” And this to remain so, irrespective of the fact that the changes may actually significantly detract from their immersion and enjoyment.

For console players, the process becomes increasingly frustrating over time. This frustration is built up with the accretion of small, tolerable changes from patch to patch. Eventually though, the totality of changes irreversibly begins to affect the experience to the point of unreasonableness. And keep in mind—whether we admit it or not, some of the changes that CDPR have implemented forcibly encroached upon the console user experience, with no remedy at hand. And like I said, those players will have to live with the fact that some of those changes will be dubbed “creative decisions” without any rational basis. And with no disrespect intended, this is an incredibly unfortunate way for CDPR to arbitrarily relieve itself from any form of accountability to its customers.

That was all I wanted to vent. All in all, I speak with resignation, for there will probably be no further solutions for us TW3 console players. But it is also with conviction, and hope, that I make a plea for more attention from CDPR, in the future, to the oft-ignored voices of console players.
And in spite of the whining, let it be known that this post comes from someone who hopelessly fell in love with TW3, and for whom playing the game has been an unforgettable experience, and a tremendous privilege.

With thanks,

Post deleted for aggressive tone and non-constructive content. Stay on topic and be cool, everyone, or it's in-the-corner time.

-Sard

Last edited by a moderator:
nor dose NES, SNE, PS1, PS2 and so on needed it...
LEL! Not that they were not needed, that option was NOT supported. There were many games in those times that could use fix or two, to framerate or glitches. But I get it - you just started gaming and didn't know there was no way to update console bideo gaemz. But wait... there were updates to some games back in the day, but it wasn't as convinient.

@NGameArts :

1° you are writing off topic.
2° you are right on some points, but you are not right comparing CDPR with EA or Bugthesda, charging 15$ for a 20/30 hours expansion is nowhere near to charge 15 or 30 for a single one hour DLC or cosmethic dlc, .To compare cdpr with ea or bethesda, each one of the 16 free dlc must have a price of 15 or 30$ each,.
a crossbow or an armor or swords for 15$, that is what ea does.
3° you/we must be very thankful for the 1 year or more support for tw3, the reds do deserve another award just for this

just to make things clear.
Peace.

Last edited:
15 or 30 for a single one hour DLC or cosmethic dlc, .To compare cdpr with ea or bethesda, each one of the 16 free dlc must have a price of 15 or 30$ each,
Bughtesda charged 30 bucks for 1 hour dlc? Where? Which is it?

I love how people blow something out of proportion just to white knight other company.

Oh come on patches always existed, the fact is that games nowadays are like 100 times bigger than older ones and more complex especially games like the witcher... The fact that they supported the game for more than one year after the release is something to be thankful for. Of course this is just my opinion..
Ps. Maybe I am lucky but I've never encountered a single game breaking bug nor one that prevented me from finishing a quest...

So it looks like oil description bug on swords is still not fixed, the performance and temps are worse, Geralt has a strong fetish to take out torch by himself, fisting monsters still not fixed... But Vivaldi got new clothes, so I guess it's best patch ever.

Automatron, and 2 of the three dlcs for dragon age inquisition
and i don't blow out of proportion,
now, back on topic, please
You're right in the big picture but yes, you did blow out of proportion for DA:I:
- two weapon/armor packs for 5€ each
- a free DLC for crafting materials, schematics, weapons and other options
- 15€ for Jawks of Hakkon (10 hours long DLC)
- 15€ for The Descent (6 hours long DLC)
- 15€ for Trespasser (8 hours long DLC)
So basically, more or less 2€ per hour, 15 times less than your "proportion". Something similar could be said for most of the ME/DA DLCs. We're very, very, very, very far from "30€ for 1 hour long DLC".
There was a time when BioWare/EA sold 2 hours long DLC for 10€, ok, but I wouldn't put the blame on Inquisition. And the price of a movie for 2 hours of gameplay, well, that's pretty ok to me, especially when it looks like the Lair of Shadow Broker DLC.

I also think Skyrim DLC prices were pretty ok... :scaredpeasant:

edit: and there is an infinity of very good and free mods because of the creation kit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom