Patch 1.5 coming for download on July 8th!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patch 1.5 coming for download on July 8th!

Starting on the 8th of July, you’ll be able to download the next update for The Witcher, version 1.5.The patch focuses mainly on removing troublesome DRM, allowing you to play the game without the disc, while providing additional hours of fun thanks to new adventures created by the fan community. Patch 1.5 is the next stage of The Witcher’s life, and is also a means of expressing our thanks to the modding community for their hard work ion creating the adventures. The update will also be included in forthcoming The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut; more info on that product will be released shortly.Patch 1.5 features:Modifications:- copy securities (DRM) are removed- playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive- patch solves problems with EAX and blurAdditionally:- 5 additional adventures made by the Witcher community: ‘Deceits’, ‘Blight of the Bogs’, ‘Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet’, ‘Wedding’, ‘Merry Witchmas’.In order to install patch 1.5 correctly, you should have original Witcher game upgraded to 1.4 (enhanced edition).Moreover, our website will be enriched with new graphic and music bonuses; also, a new section will appear, namely ‘Modifications’, which will enable you to download a mod to change the game’s difficulty level, created by Andrzej "Flash" Kwiatkowski. Gradually, new items will be issued there as well.

a difficulty patch ? OH YES ! I played the game 6 times, this will be interesting :)and thanks for removing the DRM or better, the disc-check. this product just got perfect.

This has been asked repeatedly but nobody has answered. Will the steam version automatically update with this update? ???

Azriel77 said:
This has been asked repeatedly but nobody has answered. Will the steam version automatically update with this update? ???
i presume it will take some time until Valve gets it doneimho, better talk with Valve

Eriash said:
Starting on the 8th of July, you’ll be able to download the next update for The Witcher, version 1.5.The patch focuses mainly on removing troublesome DRM, allowing you to play the game without the disc, while providing additional hours of fun thanks to new adventures created by the fan community. Patch 1.5 is the next stage of The Witcher’s life, and is also a means of expressing our thanks to the modding community for their hard work ion creating the adventures. The update will also be included in forthcoming The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director’s Cut; more info on that product will be released shortly.Patch 1.5 features:Modifications: - copy securities (DRM) are removed- playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive- patch solves problems with EAX and blurAdditionally:- 5 additional adventures made by the Witcher community: ‘Deceits’, ‘Blight of the Bogs’, ‘Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet’, ‘Wedding’, ‘Merry Witchmas’.In order to install patch 1.5 correctly, you should have original Witcher game upgraded to 1.4 (enhanced edition).Moreover, our website will be enriched with new graphic and music bonuses; also, a new section will appear, namely ‘Modifications’, which will enable you to download a mod to change the game’s difficulty level, created by Andrzej "Flash" Kwiatkowski. Gradually, new items will be issued there as well.
I already have all the adventures except 'Deceits' and 'Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet'. Will any problems occur due to overwriting of these files? And is the difficulty mod the Flash mod or FCR mod?

Sounds great -- nice job on getting rid of the DRM. I think I'll pick this game up on the 8th just for that. :) I've heard it's great; can't wait to play it.

you guys are unreal. constantly giving more than any developer i have ever seen. giving tools to people who may want to learn how to develop games but can't afford the price tag of 3ds max also to test out this field to see if its something you really might consider doing. i bought the original game and the e.e. even though it was free and i will buy the directors cut even though its free because you have given so much way more than can be expected i just hope that in the new store version you might throw in some merchandise like the medallion or the dice game

godkingofdivineroad said:
And is the difficulty mod the Flash mod or FCR mod?
It's Flash mod. FCR didn't make it to because it was finished late and there wasn't enough time for testing. Keep in mind that you can finish most community adventures in 1 hour but to finish the game with a mod you need full 40-90hour playthrough. Anyway, FCR will be available to download same day as patch 1.5.

Forum veteran
This is Great! I finally finished downloading 1.3 & 1.4 Patch and only now... does it come.I feel so Angry, it's hard to rejoice! Anyways... I feel this is an improvement, the more the merrier I guess.Then again, does anything get released for The Witcher (Orig) that is better than the Extended Edition?I swear... of the 4 times I competed the game on Orig & 2 times on EE, Original version's performance isabout 50% better than extended one fully updated. Maybe it's my computer or me... I'll see with 1.5 upgrade.(I really like this as adventures are included unlike other game enhancements)Thumbs Up for upgrades for this, do I need to say it:, Awesome game. ;D

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
i presume it will take some time until Valve gets it doneimho, better talk with Valve
I said this dozen times. Valve is not responsible for non Valve games' updates on Steam, developers must give Valve patch files to release on Steam... So it is up to CD Projekt RED and I hope they will do it quickly this time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom