Patch 1.5: Did they fix Athletics yet?

+
Hey all, saw the Patch 1.5 has gone live and am super excited about it. That said, I didn't see anything in the changelog about them fixing Athletics so it is actually reasonable to level; I'm currently busy with some other games (and, due to OCD, I don't really "switch" between games during playthroughs) and am also waiting until story DLC comes out to return to Night City, so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether that issue has been solved.

Also curious if they made it so Engineering levels up with just using Tech weapons, like the description says, and doesn't require grenade-spam/shooting through wall shenanigans to level.

It's better. Instead of winning 20 xp for fighting a wall for 20 seconds (emptying your stamina bar 3 or 4 times). You get 75 xp. Not much. But the good news is this. When you would fight an opponent with your fists. You used to get only 20 xp as well. Making this a complete waste of time. I finished fighting the dock Cyberpsychosis with my fists and got a whole level of Athletic only from that, on top of getting lots of xp for streetbrawl. This seems pretty good to me.

If the exploit is still functionnal, I'd say the exploit is a faster way to do it. But if you're a roleplayer like me. You can finally make it the proper way. Fighting a wall is still not a very usuful way to do it thought.

I may experiment with parcour for a little while and see how it goes. Personnally I've hoped for them to do something that goes along what it requires in real life to achieve higher standards of fitness. Extended tension on any muscle you work on.

I would grant more xp to someone who keeps it's stamina bar partially empty for a long period of time instead of waiting for it to be depleted to grant xp. Anyway.

In short. They did something. Finally.

Did some testing with this:

With hydraded status (drink whatever non alcoholic from inventory) boosting Stamina recovery punching air with hard strikes gives ~800 Athletic experience in 7 minutes and 30 seconds. Assuming experience requirements haven't changed, this is decent, far better than what we had in any case.

Important thing is that there are lot's of Perk points available in Athletics skill progression rewards and for most players I think up to level 11 should be somehow achievable now.

Body skills have really good synergy, so I'm very glad to see that this has improved.

I haven't tested yet other experience boosting methods, such as using Dense Marrow cyberware (increases damage, with increased Stamina cost) and I don't even know if everything works like it did pre 1.5 but I keep my eye on it.

75exp for running around is ok.
Most players out there don't aim to spent hundreds of hours in game and something like leveling up a skill taking hours of punching air or running, I mean leveling from say from 7 to 8 hardly is a good design. From top of my head as it's now leveling up from 6 to seven takes about 30 minutes by punching air but the thing is, experience requirements keep getting bigger.

Last edited:
Most players out there don't aim to spent hundreds of hours in game and something like leveling up a kill taking hours of punching air or running, I mean leveling from say from 7 to 8 hardly is a good design. From top of my head as it's now leveling up from 6 to seven takes about 30 minutes by punching air but the thing is, experience requirements keep getting bigger.
what do you mean? takes more xp to level up? Someone wrote that asside from getting more experience on single actions beating oponents in brawling also rewards more now

what do you mean? takes more xp to level up? Someone wrote that asside from getting more experience on single actions beating oponents in brawling also rewards more now
That's how it has always been. These are not accurate number but for demonstration, like from level 3 to 4 Exp required 1100, from 4 to 5 Exp required 1700, 4 to 5, 2300 and so on. I didn't make notes of exact formula.

What comes to brawling / melee fights giving Athletic experience, Brawling has never proven to give any Athletics exp. It happens because experience gained in Athletics is tied to Stamina spent. So after a fight player can see reward for Athletics exp but that's not due beating down opponents but Stamina spent beating down those opponents.

Situation was really bad for high Body builds before patch. Even with Kerenzikov glitch it took 35 minutes or so to level up from 7 to 20 or without a glitch, leveling up past level 10, 7 hours+ beating air.

That's how it has always been. These are not accurate number but for demonstration, like from level 3 to 4 Exp required 1100, from 4 to 5 Exp required 1700, 4 to 5, 2300 and so on. I didn't make notes of exact formula.

What comes to brawling / melee fights giving Athletic experience, Brawling has never proven to give any Athletics exp. It happens because experience gained in Athletics is tied to Stamina spent. So after a fight player can see reward for Athletics exp but that's not due beating down opponents but Stamina spent beating down those opponents.

Situation was really bad for high Body builds before patch. Even with Kerenzikov glitch it took 35 minutes or so to level up from 7 to 20 or without a glitch, leveling up past level 10, 7 hours+ beating air.
yes I know but in patch 1.51? I read all this had been nerfed.
edit: ah ok sorry was missunderstanding, lost some posts here

"PATCH 1.5: DID THEY FIX ATHLETICS YET?"

Have a question for everyone.

In The Sims 4, when you sport a lot and I believe eat healthy, your sim grows muscular, and when you don't sport and eat unhealthy if I remember correctly, your sim grows chubby.

Now personally, I don't think it could technically be done, but let's say CDPR would incorporate such a feature in this game; The higher your Athletics level, the more muscular your V would get.

Would you be okay with that?

"PATCH 1.5: DID THEY FIX ATHLETICS YET?"

Have a question for everyone.

In The Sims 4, when you sport a lot and I believe eat healthy, your sim grows muscular, and when you don't sport and eat unhealthy if I remember correctly, your sim grows chubby.

Now personally, I don't think it could technically be done, but let's say CDPR would incorporate such a feature in this game; The higher your Athletics level, the more muscular your V would get.

Would you be okay with that?
Decent concept, not easily executed. Much like GTA San Andreas, it would be a pain for those who don't want to be too bulky, or too fat, since they'd have to put a lot of effort into maintaining the right balance.

The idea seem nice, but I agree, if my V could look like that, I would ignore Body skill for good :D
Capture d’écran 2022-02-18 à 00.00.10.png

Seeing your replies, maybe if CDPR knew this upfront, they might've implemented it, considering the game not having a, "good ending". Thinking in that retrospect, you may consider yourselves lucky.

Seeing your replies, maybe if CDPR knew this upfront, they might've implemented it, considering the game not having a, "good ending". Thinking in that retrospect, you may consider yourselves lucky.
Good question anyway. There's also the game world / settings aspect to this, everybody being able to create look they desire for themselves via body sculpting.

Still experimenting with leveling Athletic skill up vs. time. Leveling that up from level 7 to 8 took with few hundred points got via stamina spent in brawling took ~45 minutes. Exp requirement was about 4700 IIRC and leveling that up to 9 needs additional 5994 Athletic exp. Used drinks from inventory to boost stamina recovery.

I had interruption there though, accidentally throwing a grenade caused Tyger Calws nearby to attack and ruined spacing, other variable was that I used Stamina booster but because of interruption I'm unable to conclude if stamina boost had effect to progression. Not going to make many minutes though in the big picture.

Top Bottom