Patch 1.5 & Next-Generation Update — list of changes

+
Sometimes an annoying feedback effect happens like when you have a speaker close to a microphone kind of thing.
That sounds terrifying. Do you have a recording of that, like a video or something? It never occurred on my end...
Post automatically merged:

Just saw 2 cops and a civilian on an alley in Watson, the police car parked. Suddenly one of the cops offs the civilian woman. Hadn't seen that before.
Changes like these are very effective. It doesn't necessarily require fully worked-out side quests. Sometimes all it needs is a bit of variation to make a situation more interesting.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm for me if some gigs were taken out of the game? I'm on a new playthrough and I can't tell if this is because of the Street Cred rework, but there are a lot of gigs that don't show at all and i'm at Street Cred 12. The one I've noticed immediately is Last Login, the one that allows you to get a discount at Charles' Clinic (also the place where Sandra Dorsett's Databank is located). Charles is still here, but the whole place is closed. Noticed this for other gigs too.

Can anyone confirm for me if some gigs were taken out of the game? I'm on a new playthrough and I can't tell if this is because of the Street Cred rework, but there are a lot of gigs that don't show at all and i'm at Street Cred 12. The one I've noticed immediately is Last Login, the one that allows you to get a discount at Charles' Clinic (also the place where Sandra Dorsett's Databank is located). Charles is still here, but the whole place is closed. Noticed this for other gigs too.
it might be that we need to clear all of that fixer's current gigs to unlock new ones; I'm far behind. I hope it's a mix between doing some gigs for that fixer and street cred and other stuff I can't think of; but having to do one full batch to get the next is disapointing and limits the roleplaying of changing the order in which to do gigs that was so cool.

Rather "Fixer rework" ;)
All GIGs don't appear at first. You have to complete GIGs so that the fixers offer you others (And have the required Street Cred indeed).

Ooooh ok so it really is just a rework. Alright, well, I guess I'm not getting the double jump legs as early as used to then, lol. Thanks for the info.

Ooooh ok so it really is just a rework. Alright, well, I guess I'm not getting the double jump legs as early as used to then, lol. Thanks for the info.
That's all the GIGs for all fixers available for me with Street Cred 50 (I didn't complete any GIG for any fixer). So in short, that's GIGs available at first :)

@LeKill3rFou

My guess, a bug.
It serve no purpose (I knew the quest before, like many players I suppose), but I specially placed a SMG with electrical damages (the best against robots/drones) in my first slot in prevision of this fight.
Not because I can't change it (I didn't knew that in advance), but just because it's the weapon in the first slot who is selected at first.

So finally, it's just annoying, nothing more. Maybe report this "bug" to the support could be a good idea ;)

I had a SMG in the first slot, a shotgun in the second and another SMG in the third slot, but still got a generic pea shooter when the drone chase began.. :)

I had a SMG in the first slot, a shotgun in the second and another SMG in the third slot, but still got a generic pea shooter when the drone chase began.. :)
More annoying :(
So you had the base gun (Unity), the same as with Royce during "The Pickup" ? Very strange, on my side, impossible to change weapon, but at least, I had my SMG :)

Anyone have any weapon recommendations for leveling up the different gun attributes? Even with the sleep buff, I'm finding that leveling up skills is going at a snail's pace.

Anyone have any weapon recommendations for leveling up the different gun attributes? Even with the sleep buff, I'm finding that leveling up skills is going at a snail's pace.
For handguns, for sure Overture. It make giant damages (almost one "head-shot" everthing). So I level up "handgun skill" quicker than I level up.
For Assault, honestly I didn't paid to much attention, but I level up quite well with Moron Labe and Fenrir (or Solutioner could be nice).

But you have to fight high level dudes. Reconciliation park is nice for that. There is plenty of Valentinos (high level), you can make a loop, all the enemies respawn quick enough and there is a drop point to sell the weapons/clothes that you loot. Perfect area for grinding xp and money :)

Last edited:
For handguns, for sure Overture. It make giant damages (almost one "head-shot" everthing). So I level up "handgun skill" quicker than I level up.
For Assault, honestly I didn't paid to much attention, but I level up quite well with Moron Labe and Fenrir (or Solutioner could be nice).

But you have to fight high level dudes. Reconciliation park is nice for that. There is plenty of Valentinos (high level), you can make a loop, all the enemies respawn quick enough and there is a drop point to sell the weapons/clothes that you loot. Perfect area for grinding xp and money :)

I'm guessing you've tested all this post-1.5? Pre-1.5 I found widow-maker to be insane for levelling up engineering and assault and would farm valentino alley and the pacifica beach, but wasn't sure if those areas were farmable anymore...

So many different things to play with now. I'm loving seeing all the thing the community is finding and coming up with. Whether it be criticisms or legit need to fix bugs. Thanks to the community for making things known so the rest of us gonks can enjoy.

I'm guessing you've tested all this post-1.5? Pre-1.5 I found widow-maker to be insane for levelling up engineering and assault and would farm valentino alley and the pacifica beach, but wasn't sure if those areas were farmable anymore...
Not tested Reconciliation park in 1.5 yet (Valentinos Alley work, for sure), but with Overture, currently in 1.5, I really have no trouble leveling up my handgun skill. It's maybe the one who levels up the fastest (Quasar could be also very good) :)

Yes, I guess Window-Maker is also very good for xp ("average" damage but 2 bullets per shot). And you earn engeneering too. (not try in 1.5 yet, not started the main quests).

Edit : In fact it's not the xp earned that is important (there is no difference between weapons), but the time to kill the enemies. The faster you kill a group of enemies, the faster you go to the next one (if it make sense).

Last edited:
Not tested Reconciliation park in 1.5 yet (Valentinos Alley work, for sure), but with Overture, currently in 1.5, I really have no trouble leveling up my handgun skill. It's maybe the one who levels up the fastest (Quasar could be also very good) :)

Yes, I guess Window-Maker is also very good for xp ("average" damage but 2 bullets per shot). And you earn engeneering too. (not try in 1.5 yet, not started the main quests).

Edit : In fact it's not the xp earned that is important (there is no difference between weapons), but the time to kill the enemies. The faster you kill a group of enemies, the faster you go to the next one (if it make sense).

I'm actually finding that the efficiency of your kills has a stronger impact than time taken. I just tested out a Zhuo shotgun and if I take my time and spend no more than 2 shots per enemy, I get way more XP compared to if I blast through as rapidly as possible.

I'm actually finding that the efficiency of your kills has a stronger impact than time taken. I just tested out a Zhuo shotgun and if I take my time and spend no more than 2 shots per enemy, I get way more XP compared to if I blast through as rapidly as possible.
Maybe I was wrong :D
I just tried on a group of three Valentinos in Reconciliation Park. I didn't pay attention but the weapon is maybe not that important, the real "important" thing is to stay undetected (which is almost always the case for me) :)
  • With my Overture (+silencer) it's "one shot" in stealth, exactly 307 "handgun xp" per Valentinos. I'm not detected so I earn 307 each time I kill one, so in total around 921 xp (second try also 921 xp).
  • With Skippy (so I enter in combat directly after the first shot), the xp is not "earned" for each kill but at the end of the fight. And after killing the three, I earn 384 "handgun xp" in total (second try : 406 xp)
If you can try to confirm (if it work on your side), because I always play in stealth so it could explain why I have no problem to level up handgun skill :(

Last edited:
oh that's a better metric; efficiency vs time.

Started a fresh playthrough for 1.5 and since then I have found that Wilson's DLC items do NOT show up at his store at all and have not noticed any of the items in the open world either.

I also obtained the Iguana Egg and completed the required quests and I still do NOT have a bowl to place the egg in order to hatch it.

Also on PS4 PRO the shadows and lighting looks worse than they ever have (at launch the shadows and lighting were great, but it seems now they have been SEVERELY downgraded) Shadows have a blocky / pixelated look to them and look awful and the lighting in various instances flash constantly.

Have also been experiencing various areas where I still fall through the map and they are spread throughout Night City.

Radio stations in vehicles still does not function properly, often cutting out for no reason + turning off completely + audio levels sound low and muffled and have to exit and re-enter the vehicle numerous times to make the music levels stay where they are meant to which is frustrating and sad as the music is arguably one of the better features of this game.

Many other bugs have been experienced so far, but myself and others have already mentioned them going all the way back to launch and have no more energy to keep listing them a year past release 😔

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions regarding Wilson's DLC or the Iguana Egg, please leave a reply if you are experiencing the same problems and possibly found a fix.

Top Bottom