Patch 1.5 & Next-Generation Update — list of changes

+
walk button after +1 yo XD

Ok, it seems a good update for the game, I hope that we can also have NG+ and some mod/perk to see in the dark in a future not too far....

Thanks for the update. I appreciate the continued effort to make this game better but I hate to say that I am still kind of disappointed. I have been defending this game to everyone saying to wait for this big patch. I like the apartments and the overall improvements but people have been waiting for months for something much more substantial. Here is a to do list. Please try to hold back streaming until you have at least a few of these things added.

World Immersion Additions
  • Police chases or just dynamic car chases in general
  • Ability to ride trains or buses
  • Ability to make more radical cosmetic body changes that reflect the cyberpunk aesthetic
  • More interactive elements like mini-games or activities to participate in outside of questing
  • A trauma team that does something
New Content
  • New quests and things to do
  • The first major expansion
  • New romances
  • Jobs
Other
  • Custom radio for pc players
  • Garages
  • Car customization
  • New game +

Last edited:
🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ how do you leave out NG+. I'll never play this again unless it's added. NG+ is basically mandatory on a rpg like this. I'm not doing all that grinding over again

Can't collect any fixer rewards, just a waypoint with nothing to collect for -all- fixers that I've completed... which is all of them.

Guest 4419821

Decent list of changes, added features, all be it not huge, bug fixes and quality of life improvements.

I'm excited to start a new game on series x, (only ever did get to end of chapter 1).

It's enough for me to be happy personally. Maybe those that have already completed the game would feel differently as they would have liked to see some new missions I guess.

Any plan to bring dualsense features to PC?

Currently I'm funneling low frequency audio to dualsense HD haptic vibrators and it feels amazing.

I imagine it'll be even more amazing if officially supported.

Although understandably, very few pc games supports dualsense features (AFAIK only Genshin impact and ff7 remake)

AFAIK this feature only comes to Playstation 5.

A little disappointed that there is no car customization, even if it was just picking from the existing models in the game. But excited to try out the revised combat. Taking ages to download though :(

I like the changes and am thinking about reinstalling. However the 1.5 announcement seemed a little confused. There's lots of touches in the new apartments where you can interact more and get more in character. But then, now you can fully customize your character from the bathroom mirror? Shouldn't those customizations be done in shops to get you out and about into different areas and living in the city? Especially if certain themes of upgrades, or certain, really nice customization options are only available in certain stores all over? Reward people for exploring your beautiful city!

However, its mostly a thumbs up from me, but I really was hoping police AI would be fixed, a ride-on transport system be re-introduced (for platforms that can handle it). I didn't see it mentioned specifically, but has hacking damage been rebalanced? The higher up you level quickhacks, the easier the game became. Even the hardest difficulty became child's play due to this. I know perks have changed, but is it more challenging.

I also find it a bit cringe that you're calling the updates "downloadable content", they're extra content that will be patched in and aren't optional, it's not "downloadABLE", it's not optional, and its not an option you pay for. These are updates. Just call them that. Don't use some buzzword term thats barely appropriate. Optional world-expansion packs that add new areas, whole new characters and storylines, or new features or items, that we can pay and choose to have or not have, thats a DLC. This is a patch, note theres no JUST about that though, it's a very big very good move for the game.

Yessssssss!!!! Outstanding news, cheers folks! My PC-playing 100% trophy achieving girlfriend also sends her thanks, time to hit Night City once again. Best go check out the trial on PS5 (y)

edit : My mistake! I glanced at the OP and presumed 'coming soon' meant 'coming next week'. Full upgrade now downloading on PS5. Double Yessssss!!!!

Since last wandering Night City I've played a first ever run through of Half Life (on my old PS2) and am currently on (or rather just next to) Highway 17 on HL2 (on my not quite as old original Xbox), so that No Life 3 poster will be more poignant than ever when I boot this bad boy up :D 1.5 also downloading on GFs PC, just need to persuade her to join here to post some of her mindblowing screenshots (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I appreciate the continued effort to make this game better but I hate to say that I am still kind of disappointed. I have been defending this game to everyone saying to wait for this big patch. I like the apartments and the overall improvements but people have been waiting for months for something much more substantial. Here is a to do list. Please try to hold back streaming until you have at least a few of these things added.

World Immersion Additions
  • Police chases or just dynamic car chases in general
  • Ability to ride trains or buses
  • Ability to make more radical cosmetic body changes that reflect the cyberpunk aesthetic
  • More interactive elements like mini-games or activities to participate in outside of questing
  • A trauma team that does something
New Content
  • New quests and things to do
  • The first major expansion
  • New romances
Other
  • Custom radio for pc players
  • New game +

Police chases are clearly out of the question due to technical limits and/or lack of experience in this aspect from CDP....
If the "metro" is that comical mini-train with just few sits well... I really prefer that remain an unfulfilled desire: to my view a real and proper futuristic "metro" is something well different than 3 mini-wagon
New quest/romances/major expansion, well...you need to wait the first major expansion too see something like that XD
Agree about NG+, and as I've already said some mod to see in the darkest location....or even a damn torch, jez!
Still the city and environment in general need more own-life and interactions like casual fights between gang, police/ trauma team interventions, more life in clubs, workers that "do their things" etc. NC must come to life, is too static!

Last edited:
Top Bottom