Patch 1.5 & Next-Generation Update — list of changes

+
Old Gen definitely feels like it's being left behind in a sense. Damn shame how this was all handled. Probably shouldn't have been released at all on those systems but it did and the reaction and fixes implemented aren't exactly shining examples of redemption on a flawed product. If you're coming into this on PC or Next gen then you're getting a much better experience still not perfect but much better. But yeah old gen users really god a bit of a slap.

Thanks for patch, i knew that CDpr make Cyberpunk great again! But whats about cash? I buy a lot of cars and cyberinplants, but you lowered their prices. will i get the difference? they are expensive

Some highlights.

It's now possible to sell unused cyberware at a Ripperdoc.

Introduced 2 new stats replacing Evasion: Mitigation Chance and Mitigation Strength. Mitigation Chance determines how often the player has a chance to reduce incoming damage. Mitigation Strength determines the percentage by which damage is reduced (50% by default).
If I understood this right, this is something players aiming for completing Beat the Trap might want to consider if they want to put some focus on this.
Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to equip some cyberware mods simultaneously.
Not that much discussed but was confusing as there were no information available in-game which combinations worked.
Enemy shotgunners will now attempt to keep a closer distance to the player during combat.
Enemy shotgunners now deal more damage.
This looks good.
Commando (You cannot be detected underwater.) -> changed to -> Looking Sharp (Headshots with thrown Knives apply Blinding to the target.)
Everybody's favorite perk is now gone! Nooooo! I thought they would change this to Baking that with Cool would apply poison to any food item, with absolutely no further application in game, but they actually made something that makes sense. :p

Reworked throwing knives - knives are not lost after each throw, but automatically return to V's hands after a set cooldown time (dependent of knife rarity). It's also possible to pick up thrown knives, resetting the cooldown.
Good!
Increased silenced gunshot sound range from 3m to 8m.
Informative, now we know a bit more how silencers and noise detection work in game. Any takers to test this more? :sneaky:

V now has standing with fixers throughout Night City. New fixer gigs will appear gradually in sets as your standing increases, and a fixer will offer you another set of gigs only after the previous set is completed in a given district. Completing all the gigs for a fixer will earn you a special reward (excluding Mr. Hands - sorry, he just doesn't like you, choom.) To see the progress of your standing with a fixer, hover over their icon on the map screen and check the completed gigs.
Ah, if there was a mention in stream about special reward for completing all the gigs for fixer, I didn't notice that. Wonder what that means for those who aim for 40 hours or so campaign?
Drastically reduced the amount of loot lying around as a part of an effort to allow players more breathing room to experience quest scenes and the world itself.
I that that as there were quite a lot of negative feedback regarding amount of loot?

There were good and interesting topic about this here maybe worth revisiting (due mods on PC at least) as there are pro's and con's regarding that.

And then cars... patch downloading. I mostly write about story but... cars!

Thanks for the patch! A lot of improvements! Although was disappointed by few things.. All mods from the clothing are gone. Had some legendary mods on clothing and they are completely gone from clothes or the inventory. Also weapon stats are reworked, had few nice perks on weapons, now they are different, rendering those weapons completely useless.

Mmm.. Still way behind modders. I can't play without mods anymore. Was expecting A LOT more additions, changes and new gameplay mechanics. Guess we'll never see the vanilla version being as good as what modders gave us through this year.
What a strange thing to say. You could say the same thing about almost any game with modding support.. that's the point. Mods extend the game beyond what the dev team decide to focus on. What's important is that CDPR continue to improve the stability of it, provide better modding tools and expand it themselves with their own DLCs.. which will also be modded to suit an infinite amount of tastes.

A single dev team will *never* be able to keep up with a community of hundreds or thousands of modders. Come on, you already know this. Look at any other modded game.

Really impressed with the new update lots of fan requested features but it could still use some additional features.
- Vehicle Skin Selection
- Improved Police Chase Mechanics
- Functioning NCart System with multiple stations and stops throughout Night City.
- New Game Plus
- Restored Climbing mechanic using either Hands or Mantis Blades once acquired.

It is a patch among other patches, including new ones that will come in the future.

I think CDPR could continue investing in the game, it remains one of the best sellers - at least on Steam and after a long time (exactly like TW3).

I would reconsider adding more interactivity in the 'open world', the 3rd person view option (as a choice as it already exists in MOD). would also reconsider producing more efficient tools for modders (they have literally saved the game and a CDPR match would be nice and welcomed by the community).

Cyberpunk is one of those games that last/exist for 'years' and will remain so for a long time.

I wish the developers all the best. To CDPR directors and executives, just one piece of advice: listen to your community and the developers.

What a strange thing to say. You could say the same thing about almost any game with modding support.. that's the point. Mods extend the game beyond what the dev team decide to focus on. What's important is that CDPR continue to improve the stability of it, provide better modding tools and expand it themselves with their own DLCs.. which will also be modded to suit an infinite amount of tastes.

A single dev team will *never* be able to keep up with a community of hundreds or thousands of modders. Come on, you already know this. Look at any other modded game.
Fair enough. But the thing that frustrates me most is that everything that was promised by CDPR and wasn't there on launch and still isn't there now, are all the things modders have made possible in a somewhat short time. One could think that a multi millionaire company with almost unlimited resources could do better and aspire to make their game bigger and better than them, people who usually work alone or with small teams.

I'm not trying to complain, even if i'm actually doing that, i'm just... i don't know, i guess that i'm still expecting this game to be the best game ever.

Old Gen definitely feels like it's being left behind in a sense. Damn shame how this was all handled. Probably shouldn't have been released at all on those systems but it did and the reaction and fixes implemented aren't exactly shining examples of redemption on a flawed product. If you're coming into this on PC or Next gen then you're getting a much better experience still not perfect but much better. But yeah old gen users really god a bit of a slap.
I'm on Xbox One X and patch is still downloading and I hope there hasn't been fidelity sacrificed for performance.

While industry likes to talk about optimizing, what really happens are trade offs and for CP 2077 I can live without improved NPC crowd stuff, as for my playing style, it won't change much anything.

Only thing I can see is this:
Added a few secrets in Night City to be discovered by players. Due to some technical challenges, this change is not available on the previous generation of consoles.
As there's possibly story / world building related content but otherwise, I don't see anything major lacking.

Hey! First timer here. Looks good - I'm gonna do a fresh start tonight, I'm not far enough in that I'd regret having to do it again.

I'm still very curious to see how traffic and pedestrians work. I always got the feeling they were like a 'cloud' of effects around you that approximated people and cars (so it was inconsequential that they would despawn, for example). Always found it pretty immersion breaking. I'm hoping they've addressed that. I'd also like to see more variety in pedestrian types as well. Always kinda weird to see like 3 or 4 people in the exact same clothes, at the exact same point in their walk cycle. Certainly from what I saw on the stream it looked more dynamic and realistic. Waiting for Steam to finish this download so I can check it out m'self.

Many little glitches solved for me but i still cant buy some vehicles deep in the ground without mods with the patch. Is me or the game looks better now?

I'd also like to see more variety in pedestrian types as well. Always kinda weird to see like 3 or 4 people in the exact same clothes, at the exact same point in their walk cycle.
  • HDD Mode has now an auto-detection option. When enabled, it automatically detects which drive the game is installed on, and, if neccessary, boosts data loading and crowd activity at the expense of crowd variety, extra loading screens, and less detail in the streets when driving fast.
I think this "feature" (from what I read and understand) could improve "clones" :)

Top Bottom