Patch 1.5 & Next-Generation Update — list of changes

+
Detail draw distance seems to drop for me with every single patch and I haven't figured out what could be causing it. In the first build the game looked absolutely amazing, but with every subsequent patch I've seen the introduction of detail pop-in, and particularly many, many scenery items seem to lose details in an incredibly short distance. At night, light sources turn on only when V approaches them. Last patch it was like a couple of car lengths, now it is roughly not much longer than V's arms could reach.... I was hoping this patch would change it for the better since it has the next-gen upgrades, but no such luck.

One thing I haven't tried yet is complete reinstall of the game, but not sure if that would fix anything since verify/repair doesn't seem to do anything either. I have everything maxed, but switching out and turning on/off settings seems to have no effect.

Did you deactivated HDD mode in the options? Is not normal.

It still irritates me that quickhacking was nerfed, but this seems like a really phenomenal update. You seem to be putting a lot of though and effort into making it as great of a game as possible. Now, with all of these changes... when are we getting new game plus? I want to replay it but I don't want to start over on levels and equipment
Post automatically merged:

Mmm.. Still way behind modders. I can't play without mods anymore. Was expecting A LOT more additions, changes and new gameplay mechanics. Guess we'll never see the vanilla version being as good as what modders gave us through this year.
50 million modders all working on the game vs one team. There's no way they can keep up. I'm just glad they haven't given up on it. I still prefer the experience of playing on consoles personally.

50 million modders all working on the game vs one team. There's no way they can keep up. I'm just glad they haven't given up on it. I still prefer the experience of playing on consoles personally.
50 million modders, what? I think you got your numbers wrong. In fact, i'm pretty sure CDPR dev team is way bigger than the modding scene for CP2077.

Are you new to gaming? Normally no vanilla game is better than what modders can put out or add.....

Also this patch is already large enough ans was mainly focused on the next gen update and there still going to be other Tweeks and updates.

However again modding will always have improvements to any games allowed if people think something is better then what the devs wanted. Look at Skyrim, cities skyline, sims, finally fantasy 14... The devs never added some quilty changes to the game. Hell even Minecraft they may added some great ideas but there plenty of mods that make the game better they never added
Unfortunately, if they implement mods then they'd have to pay the modders. That would get very expensive very quickly. It actually severely limits what they can do. If an official update looks too much like a mod then they could get into trouble for stealing intellectual property or something I think. They probably have to look through all the existing mods and make sure that whatever they're planning hasn't already been done. Otherwise, all game devs would probably use existing mods to save time & money.

Wow, amazing work (y)

Personally, I don't like the direction of (too much of) the "fan service" too much - apartments, guns, romance messages,...
What appeals to me more is the ("traditional") stuff like the story, quests, characters, shades of grey,... - so I hope some of it got polished as well :)

The crowd reaction system looks pretty cool, I hope my PC can run it :)

Also, I am interested in the secrets, unmentioned changes, and changes/polishes thorough the game (e.g. the linearity of the Heist quest - mostly the escape part after stealing the case,...).

I am still downloading the patch and going to start a new playthrough just to find and enjoy the tweaks.

Thank you CDPR :)
And I hope you can get some of the story content out (soon enough) as well :)

50 million modders, what? I think you got your numbers wrong. In fact, i'm pretty sure CDPR dev team is way bigger than the modding scene for CP2077.
Exaggeration to make a point. There's a lot of people who devote their free time to stuff like this. I just can't imagine there's only a handful of people who enjoy modding games. Regardless, I feel like it limits the possibilities for the game devs. They can't use the same code as modders because that's their intellectual property. They have to find ways to update the game and make it better without facing lawsuits for making something too similar to existing mods. Otherwise, I can't imagine any other reason why they wouldn't use existing mods to save time & money. That's just my guess, but if I'm right then all these wonderful mods are actually hamstringing the actual game devs.

This is all great stuff. I'm looking forward to giving it another run, but I don't see one thing on the patch notes that this game desperately needs: A better way to customize your keybindings.

I get it. I'm in the minority of players that still plays w/ arrow keys, but for a game as big and ambitious as this, it's borderline criminal not to be able to customize every aspect of every action in the game. Having default, unbindable key's is not ok. I really don't like doing hours of .ini file tweaking to get my control scheme just the way I want it (and even then, not fully).

Please, please, please make every action in the game bindable to any key on the keyboard, and make sure relevant actions can be doubled up on a key binding. Thank you for all the continuing effort you're putting into this game!

A M A Z I N G ! ! !

Seems like it time to jump back into the wonderful world of Cyberpunk!
I have to admit I am amazed by the amount of stuf added. So a page from the GTA book was taken. Nah.. Scratch that! A page from the good book was taken, making Night City even cooler to traverse than Los Santos, especially now with some highly sought after possibilities!

Thank you CDPR! Thank you indeed.

1.5 crashed on launch, disabling Nahimic service solved for me thanks to Reddit post in r/cyberpunkgame

Last edited:
Top Bottom