Patch 1.5 & Next-Generation Update — list of changes

+
Exaggeration to make a point. There's a lot of people who devote their free time to stuff like this. I just can't imagine there's only a handful of people who enjoy modding games. Regardless, I feel like it limits the possibilities for the game devs. They can't use the same code as modders because that's their intellectual property. They have to find ways to update the game and make it better without facing lawsuits for making something too similar to existing mods. Otherwise, I can't imagine any other reason why they wouldn't use existing mods to save time & money. That's just my guess, but if I'm right then all these wonderful mods are actually hamstringing the actual game devs.
Yeah, maybe you're right. Still, one is always hoping they can deliver something as great as, or better than, if you know what i mean.

Unfortunately, if they implement mods then they'd have to pay the modders. That would get very expensive very quickly. It actually severely limits what they can do. If an official update looks too much like a mod then they could get into trouble for stealing intellectual property or something I think. They probably have to look through all the existing mods and make sure that whatever they're planning hasn't already been done. Otherwise, all game devs would probably use existing mods to save time & money.

er no...

The mods "game mechanics" belong to the IP holder as you are only given permission to make a mod for the game if you agree to that. This shields DEV and rightly so. This is the way Bethesda has done it for decades and I would bet it is the same for most DEV that allow mods. This would be found in the TOS. Bethesda has "borrowed" many mods to put them in their games with out compensations to the mod author and in my case (Oblivion Combat Archery mod used in Skyrim) with out even thanking me by name. I have my doughts if this would hold up in court for original art work (like models or textures) but for game mechanics it is a done deal. Been that way for decades with Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout...

I would be shocked if CDPR did not have the same protection.

Last edited:
So... I've been playing for just over an hour and a half, and my verdict so far? I'm happy.

It looks much better than I thought it would, and while playability still has it's issues, I think that's more down to the 30fps than anything else.
While there are still some problems, including something a little "off" with the sound that I can't put my finger on, they are nowhere near on the same scale as before.
There seems to be a lot less clutter around, which I'm fine with if it frees up resources for NPCs etc. Some items seem to have been moved around, or removed completely.
Honestly, my biggest gripe so far is that the walking sound is still so loud, it still sounds like your thumping around wearing concrete for footwear... maybe a seperate volume slider for that one day?
(Thankfully though all that ridiculous NPC crouching didn't happen today in V's building)

The caveat to this comment though is that I'm only just about to leave V's building for the first time - all this was about before that.

Would love to play, but the PlayStation store doesn’t list the game for free, even if I have the ps4 disc in it. Anyone can help me? Thx!

Several things I noticed: so far it seems that V is still the only one riding a bike in the city, not a big deal but, as a bike guy, I would appreciate the company of my fellow NPC bikers lol; on the rainy day a lot of NPCs take out umbrellas, just a nice touch of NPC reacting to the environment; nice to see improved AI, would be amazing if they kept improving it even further. Super happy about several apartments.

Exaggeration to make a point. There's a lot of people who devote their free time to stuff like this. I just can't imagine there's only a handful of people who enjoy modding games. Regardless, I feel like it limits the possibilities for the game devs. They can't use the same code as modders because that's their intellectual property. They have to find ways to update the game and make it better without facing lawsuits for making something too similar to existing mods. Otherwise, I can't imagine any other reason why they wouldn't use existing mods to save time & money. That's just my guess, but if I'm right then all these wonderful mods are actually hamstringing the actual game devs.
They don't use mods AS IS because it's a piecemeal. I don't mean that in a derrogatory sense, but literal. It's literally attaching more work on top of what's already done. You're increasing instructions to achieve a result when the ideal is to reduce instructions as much as possible to increase absolute performance. As for legalese; CDPR could literally take the entirety of a mod code, for THIS GAME, and throw it in the game(if it worked ideally) and nothing could come of it. EULA.

Something I forgot to add in my previous comment which I don’t think has been fixed yet or maybe it has in this patch but I didn’t read anything mentioning so if anyone can correct me, is Female V giving her bigger breast doesn’t apply to her wearing clothes (outer and inner torso). They basically shrink to the smaller breast preset when wearing shirts and/or jackets.

Now mentioning this, would also like to have more body customization. I want my Female V to be thicc dammit! Lol

Thanks very much CDPR, i hope to see an eventual NMS turnaround. Would be awesome.

I am a small bit dissappointed. Expectations are still too high i think (roumours didnt help).
Was expecting bit more content considering how much was cut from it. I believe all the cut stuff still hasnt been added.
But i get it, the bugs need come first to stop the memes.

At least got some changes that might make another playthough viable.
For the most part reading the update felt like someones professor told them they need over 3,000 words. Glad you addressed all the bugs though.

Thanks for continuing to work on this game and look forward to the next update.

PLS FIX GAME in steam, reinstall and nothing, game dead :c
1644958952473.png

PLS FIX GAME in steam, reinstall and nothing, game dead :c
View attachment 11281138
If it's not already done, you can try that at first ;)
Thing that helps most people with instant crash on launch is trying to disable NahmicService in Task Manager (see attached image)
1644948853770.png
--------------
They should ditch loot-based economy once and for all. It's neither immersive nor fun.
But, it's most likely too late to see it being changed in this game.
No, I quite like that :(
Okay, okay... if I'm alone to enjoy that, maybe good to give up it :D
(at least, without it, it won't make the game worst for me...)

They really should redo the whole loot&crafting systems. The one that’s there is just awful.
Yeah, It's been a major gripe of mine from day one. If you're on PC, once the mods are revised for this update; FGR and LifePath Bonuses & Gang-Corp Traits revises this significantly. Funny enough, The latter of the two only brings out elements that were actually there according to the author. These were subdued at some point in favor of emphasizing DPS...a lead or assistant director must have played the Division and forgot what game they're making. Don't get me wrong, I loved that game. That's not what we bought this game for though.

Hi CDPR can you enable DualSense controller functions in the PC version please? A lot of games like Far Cry 6, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and other games have implemented them in. I plugged my PS5 controller into the thing and no Vibration happened either, while disabling Steam input.

Some nice, sweeping changes, but for all the list is long, it doesn't feel very substantive. Better quest-tracking for the fixers, clearer stats for crafting and upgrades, the appearance options and not being lumbered with as much junk are all nice, but otherwise, this is a long list of minor tweaks and bug fixes, many of which (and more) were covered by mods months ago (and better).

Also, while the bikes don't feel any different, car-handling seems much worse than it was. And is anyone else seeing V's hair disappear when on a bike?

I get a lot of this stuff was necessary, but let's face it, it shouldn't have been, and given all the build-up to this patch release, I'd have expected more than options to buy apartments (which are rarely used) and tweak V's appearance (I'd rather be able to tweak/hide the clothing--most of that is terrible).

Granted, most outlets speculating this might be some No Man's Sky-level soft-relaunch probably over-inflated expectations, but CDPR didn't help themselves by keeping this under wraps for so long, then announcing it with a big to-do.

Come back when you've added New game+ or (my personal preference) character-specific (i.e. Nomad/Corp/Street) missions outside of the intro, because as it stands, there remains zero replay value.

Nice update indeed. I tail-ended this guy, then I hit him again. He panicked and fish-tailed in the opposite direction. I started chasing him and he actively evaded me, dodging traffic swerving around vehicles to get away... until I nudge him into a barrier and he fell asleep.

I adore the absurd suspension lift and dip of the cars btw. That's the kind of thing I was talking about with @exxxed when I wrote about a game having an identity. More of that, please.

Attachments

• crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 79
Top Bottom