Patch 1.52

+
Just got my PS5 and happy to finally be able to play this without the old PS4 issues!

However, I'm disappointed to see there still is not a show/hide option on armor pieces. Typically the head piece is usually hide/show at least, but given the focus on character creation it's a shame to have to keep it covered up, or have it changed by the equipment. Just add Hide/Show option to all armor slots, please!

Just got my PS5 and happy to finally be able to play this without the old PS4 issues!

However, I'm disappointed to see there still is not a show/hide option on armor pieces. Typically the head piece is usually hide/show at least, but given the focus on character creation it's a shame to have to keep it covered up, or have it changed by the equipment. Just add Hide/Show option to all armor slots, please!
According too some people that look trough filechanges in the game its something thats beeing worked on. Can even be used with mods on PC right now. Hopefully it will come soon too everybody

Please disable mouse cursor centering after unsucessful hit of button in photomode GUI. It happens time to time that i miss the arrow when adjusting photo in photomode and everytime i do, cursor is automaticly moved to the center. i dont see any advantage of this function. it just make things worse.

After patch 1.52 my wife bangs neighbors… dunno if this is a glitch or my life is a mistake… PS5
Expected default behavior on wife app install. Recommend immediate uninstall and install app "Single: Peace, Quiet, and No Smelly Floral Candles"

Is it my imagination or has street crime "Assaults in Progress" (the random-ish ones with flashing blue badge not the police side jobs ) been largely reduced after the patch?

Edit: yep, they changed this for some reason. I went to the location next to Judy's apartment where a Assaults in Progress location would always pop up when I visited that apartment and now it just a bunch of guys standing around that will fight you if you get too close but no "street crime" flash on the map anymore.

It seems like they changed it so either there is a very VERY long time before it will pop up again or once it is done once it will not repeat?
It DOES make sense for Assaults in Progress to be repeatable on some kind of cooldown or shuffle. At the very least, it makes more sense than the entire city becoming crime-free in a week just because a merc got bored and wanted to smash some Tiger Claw skulls.

I suppose that is intended as a bug fix but I liked it the way it was before because I could travel around the large city and there would always be at least one such event to jump into every time I started up the game. The city was large enough that the repeats did not get old and gave me an activity that would still give me skill and exp points on my endgame playing.

Now I have nothing to do anymore in NC. :rolleyes:

I was patiently waiting for more content and excited to attack it with my favorite high level character and would boot up the game once in awhile to fight crime and keep my player skills fresh.

This means I am done with the game (not by my choice) until more content is released by the DEV. :(

Last edited:
Is it my imagination or has street crime "Assaults in Progress" (the random-ish ones with flashing blue badge not the police side jobs ) been largely reduced after the patch?

Edit: yep, they changed this for some reason. I went to the location next to Judy's apartment where a Assaults in Progress location would always pop up when I visited that apartment and now it just a bunch of guys standing around that will fight you if you get too close but no "street crime" flash on the map anymore.
You mean the"star" events ?
(For example the one in the "storm channels" next to Judy apartment. Just next the place where you meet Meredith)
If yes, the "star" no longer appear on the minimap, but nothing changed, some reappear, some don't (like before). The one at the entrance to Pacifica for example (Cops vs Scavs), almost always reappears (the same for the one with Tygers/Mox near Regina's building or the one with Cops vs Valentinos near to the Delamain HQ) :)

If you means "Assault In Progress" (the "ex" baseball bat icon on the map), nothing changed too. They don't reappear after complete them (never, since release...)

You mean the"star" events ?
(For example the one in the "storm channels" next to Judy apartment. Just next the place where you meet Meredith)
If yes, the "star" no longer appear on the minimap, but nothing changed,

Yes, right the flashing stars. This IS a change and a big one. There is no way to find theses now except by memorizing where they occur or by stumbling over them by accident. I spent an RL hour driving around the city yesterday and did not find even one of them.

Practically speaking, this now makes them as good as removed from the game for the purposes of endgame activity the way I was playing it now for the last year. I want to KEEP the character I have worked for and use them in the next DLC or new content if possible. But now except for parkour (which gives no skill points or XP) there is nothing for my V to do while I wait for any new content. And that means I will probably not play it now and this will make it harder for me to stay interested in the game.

Yes, right the flashing stars. This IS a change and a big one. There is no way to find theses now except by memorizing where they occur or by stumbling over them by accident. I spent an RL hour driving around the city yesterday and did not find even one of them.

Practically speaking, this now makes them as good as removed from the game for the purposes of endgame activity the way I was playing it now for the last year. I want to KEEP the character I have worked for and use them in the next DLC or new content if possible. But now except for parkour (which gives no skill points or XP) there is nothing for my V to do while I wait for any new content. And that means I will probably not play it now and this will make it harder for me to stay interested in the game.
Yep the star does not longer appear, but the events themself still unchanged. They appear randomly, like before.
And yeah, the game have an end (like TW3 and plenty of games). That's why I restart from the begining each time. In my opinion, it's useless to keep a save with a character level 50 and everything completed (except if you hope about a DLC or expansion post-ending, which is not my case^^)

(except if you hope about a DLC or expansion post-ending, which is not my case^^)

It is in MY case. Just because it is not yours will not make it right for others.

For players in my shoes the change was a bad idea. Now players like me may drift away and find something else
over a silly change (not a bug fix) of how the game was originally made and sold.

Well as it looks like we will not be getting new content nor official mod tools for years I guess I will start using the 3rd party mods now. I wanted to avoid them but otherwise I may as well uninstall the game, it would not be practical to keep it on my PC unused for years.

Heck, maybe they even have a mod for replacing the flashing crime indicator. :D

It is in MY case. Just because it is not yours will not make it right for others.
That's why :
That's why I restart from the begining each time. In my opinion, it's useless to keep a save with a character level 50 and everything completed...
I have nothing to do with this change and the fact that nothing will come out for 6 months - 1 year... So uninstall Cyberpunk and play other games if you want or install a mod if there is one available* :beer:

*edit : It's possible, this change was made in 1.5, so two months ago. And if you want random fights and dudes to kill, Pacifica is by far, the best neighbordhood because these event always respawn and scavs/animals hideouts too ;)

Edit 2 : Pacifica from my memories, a good place for "fun".
Pacifica.jpeg

Last edited:
That's why :

I have nothing to do with this change and the fact that nothing will come out for 6 months - 1 year... So uninstall Cyberpunk and play other games if you want or install a mod if there is one available* :beer:

*edit : It's possible, this change was made in 1.5, so two months ago. And if you want random fights and dudes to kill, Pacifica is by far, the best neighbordhood because these event always respawn and scavs/animals hideouts too ;)

Edit 2 : Pacifica from my memories, a good place for "fun".
View attachment 11301496

Thanks but you are not getting it. Or I am not explaining it correctly. With the way they released the game over a year ago you would have to explore the city, Dive around enjoying NC, poking into back allies, go down side roads, climb up high to look around for hidden building "pockets" where crime may hide, and then the blue shield (star) pops up when you would get near a street crime location.

This gave players a great reason to continue wandering around the city AND still play the game with the character you have been with for over a year.

NOW there is nothing, I spent an hour (RL) driving around yesterday and found nothing. Even if you happen by extreme luck to get in sight of them they do noting to tell you they are a crime event and YOU will not be arrested for engaging them.

I know I can GO to the amusement park and shoot enemies but that is not what I am talking about.

Anyway that is what mods are for, to fix theses things.

Last edited:
Thanks but you are not getting it.
Yes I get it. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a "good" change ;)

It the same as the idea that GIGs and some quests should not be displayed on the map at all and be triggered by passing nearby... Which is in my opinion a "terrible" idea, because I don't know how a new player would manage to complete them all if there is no indication on the map. I imagine for example, if Skippy didn't appear on the map, the majority of players would miss it, that's almost certain.

My point at first was that events didn't change, only the icons were removed from the minimap. So not a "big" change, but it could be annoying for those who especially search these events :)

On a side note, while driving, finding events is almost impossible, because you can't hear the gunfight sounds or civilian's moans (sounds that you can hear on foot from quite far).

I actually enjoy having the star events missing from the map and especially the other ncpd only showing up when close to them. Agree with LeKill3rFou about sound inside cars though.
On another subject, really dislike the new takedown sounds. It's really fake, without a point and muffles the sound of bone breaking when going for the killer takedown.

CDPR, I have a humble suggestion:
when defeating an enemy with a smart weapon, I think should be awesome to see bodies dismember with physics and ragdolls depending on where the last bullets impact right after their energy dropped to 0. In the actual Game If you keep shooting after their energy dropped he keeps shaking like he's alive, which confuses me, i don't know when it's dead. These shaking animations are repetitive, it would be better to see ragdolls and physics simulated which are always different.

I've seen an example of this dismemberment when killing NCPD officers with smart weapons. The last bullets dismember them with ragdolls and physics which looks amazing, realistic and gory cyberpunk style.

Unless I'm missing something this is still the same soulless game released in 2020, just with fewer issues. :cry:

Top Bottom