Patch 1.61 — list of changes

+
All this and yet you still point blank refuse to include an option to disable standard enemy icons and health bars! Why??? It's baffling and incredibly perplexing!

Patch 1.61 for Cyberpunk 2077 is being rolled out

If you are on PC, using my mod called

Eye Adaptation Complete Overhaul​

available on Nexus Mods is a valid option. Of course, it's not yet updated for 1.61, but it works perfectly fine with 1.6 and will soon be updated to match the new version of the game. You have to combine my mod with Better Vehicle First Person which is linked and explained in the pinned comment in the POSTS tab of my mod on Nexus Mods.
Cool pitch. I've used it and it works well. Mods aren't the point, that's like saying this game doesn't need any kind of warrant system because Scissors pulled together vehicle combat (A very good job he did there) from the discarded scripts. FPP driving is in the game and should work properly.
That's not how any of this works. Tinting the windshield won't do much because in majority of exterior areas in the game, the auto exposure IGNORES what's in the center of the screen (i.e. the windshield and what's outside of the vehicle). Instead, it prioritizes the pixels somewhere inbetween the center and the edges of the screen. This overexposes the image when driving in FPP because the interior of the car is prioritized and the interiors in most cars are obviously going to be black or dark grey, especially when you're driving under bridges, in tunnels etc. and this contributes to the overexposure with the vanilla auto exposure configs.
If you'll indulge me; I would suggest looking out the driver side window. The camera will sample the data and lower the exposure to a state where driving in FPP is possible. I will explain further in the next paragraph below on what's going on inside the car. For now- I understand that center importance isn't the primary influence over the game's camera aperture, though you can play with that to get an appealing effect in some instances. I was only arguing the point that an internal piecemeal approach could be applied. Perhaps it wouldn't work, though I strongly think it could make a positive difference.
The game tries to brighten up the interiors, blinding the driver in the process by overexposing the windshield.
Not quite. I'm certain the overreaction is a combination of the camera doing what it's supposed to while being inside of an occluder. Peruse deeply through the archives and you'll find an assorted number of meshes used for this. If you've ever seen an NPC walk into building, through certain area like under a bridge, approach a car with a bright enterior that suddenly turns dark, or notice when a companion enters/exits a vehicle and you can see them darken sharply - that's the occluder at work. Step inside of that and exposure kicks through the roof, from the outside it darkens the areas it covers to create a largs cale faux occlusion.

It serves those two functions and has been used in quite a few games for, it's how they simulate the transition exposure of cameras... because gamey video game cameras still aren't like real cameras because video game worlds aren't real. This may change once path tracing is the baseline for real-time renders, but then the devs would likely need to have the camera system working above those rendering layers and not below - perhaps that contributes to their problems with DLSS and RT. I dunno, but it's not working too well here.

Regardless; I understand all these things intersecting can be wonky in the game. I recommend people not to drive in FPP, because I don't in this game anyway, when using GITS - in order to appropriately capture the films visuals, the exposure settings are intentionally broken and a solid weather state is applied.
The auto exposure issue in first person vehicle driving stems from how the auto exposure is configured in various parts of the game's world. What could work is if they made a vehicle-based auto exposure config, but mind you - there are some locations in the game where auto exposure goes crazy even outside of vehicles.

Yeah, there are some problems with the env system because there are settings we haven't found, and may never have access to. I know because shortly after launch; Myself, Ash and L3X dug through a lot of these trying to figure how to consistently apply weather changes for troublesome regions - Namely Northside, Badlands, this odd slice between the Glen and Pacifica, Arroyo, etc. Eventually Noxide found out the only way to get the weather states to apply everywhere consistently is to break it entirely by making one state a constant. I also helped L3X with camera, fog, distant fog, and other settings on his 2018 lighting mod; I understand my way around the envs.
You really should try it so you understand the difference.
Nice, bro. Real nice. I was only politely disagreeing with Kratoes, so the lecturing tone really is unnecessary.

Last edited:
Im under the impression that they changed the Graphics to console, especially in the Xbox series s even in quality mode it seems that the cars floor and ceiling are with low pixel quality, was not mentioned above but is it possible that they changed the graphics of the Xbox S/X console?
@blim94 @Azulath

Please fix the bug that can't holster handguns if perk "On the fly". Is maxed out 2/2. I keep it 1/2 to avoid it.

Is there an option for FSR 2.1 on PS5 or is it always on? I can't find any new graphics or video settings.
  • Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 (PC and next-gen consoles only).

Any chance of a fix for the bug on Xbox where enemies respawn and can’t be targeted by quickhacks?

Seriously, this is reaching a point now where it feels like the entire Quickhacking/Intelligence tree is completely pointless. I've just loaded my game today and cannot target a thing with quickhacks. Changed difficulty and reloaded again, still cannot target anything with quickhacks...

Last edited:
Im under the impression that they changed the Graphics to console, especially in the Xbox series s even in quality mode it seems that the cars floor and ceiling are with low pixel quality, was not mentioned above but is it possible that they changed the graphics of the Xbox S/X console?
@blim94 @Azulath
I don't think so, but I rarelly drive cars (ARCH mainly^^). So at least, nothing that I'm able to notice :)
Series X - Performance Mode
08-11-2022_18-08-32-wnnpjl4f.jpeg08-11-2022_18-10-02-yd1novdl.jpeg
Is there an option for FSR 2.1 on PS5 or is it always on? I can't find any new graphics or video settings.
  • Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 (PC and next-gen consoles only).
Yes, I guess.

DC9V

Forum veteran
It will no longer be possible to play on arcade machines that are placed horizontally.

Heló
Thanks for patching!

It would be great if you could also fix the missing apply button in the benchmark settings.
Cheers! :beer:

When I open up the game, I get this on the main menu...

Cp77 UserDataCorrupt.jpg

Also, Norton 360 is not liking something... The "Data Protector blocked a suspicious action by Cyberpunk2077.exe" around the time I got this error message.

EDIT: It seems to have been some issue to do with the user.gls file in the saved games folder. Deleted that and the problem went away :shrug:

Just to be thorough, I uninstalled the game, then cleared out the contents from the following folder on my main drive:
/Users/ [user name] /AppData/Local/CD Projekt Red/Cyberpunk 2077/
And I cleared out my entire saved games folder after backing it up:
/Users/ [user name] /Saved Games/CD Projeckt Red/Cyberpunk 2077/
Then reinstalled. All works dandy. Norton seems happy :)

Last edited:
How can I roll back? FPS dropped from average 50 to 15.
8700K, 48 GB RAM 3200, 2080Ti
I've read GOG has a rollback feature, but I'm unfamiliar with it. If you're on Steam;
3a7.jpg
You will have to wait for a hotfix. That could be a week or more, if they do one.

Gig: The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away bug. Even though the team said that it had been fixed But the SUV is still 175m deep in the ground. This is a new save coming to play on PS5. Still found this bug. To have to play a new game even though it has been playing for 60 hours. not a good idea
Looks like this gig is pretty broken. In my gameplay the suv exploded but Padre still wanted the car. No idea what to do.

Top Bottom