Patch 3.1 Patch Notes

+
I honestly don't know if it's a feature or a bug but the time to play a card in 3.1 is insanely short, I need time to think what card to play, not to mention that the animations take to long for what time is given. The moment I start my turn the bar above and below the end turn button starts.

I like Northern Realms changes. Honestly Scoiatel needs the same treatment and maybe even some other factions.

Northern realms is now totally overpowered. Many of their removal cards do not need zeal anymore, especially with Qeen Meeve.

NG is even worse than before. Only soldiers is viable.
Sweers is now quite bad (just like Boris in syndicate btw).

Inspired is nuts!

It's very disappointing that nothing has been done to tone down SY a bit. All the OP nonsense with bounties is still there and even worse, SY got a buff (also buffing swarm units to 4, seriously?) and a new leader (Sigismund) who provides more coins than anything else. Getting coins is way too easy and too much and on top of that, every coin is worth at least one point with all the pinging units and Philippa (unchanged, what?). Instead of all the easy pinging, why don't SY units have abilities more aligned with the other factions, like "Fee 4. Deal 3 damage to an enemy unit. Cooldown 2."? Bronze cards should do less damage they said. Not Witch Hunter Executioner apparently. SY is so blatantly OP with the bounties and the continuous pinging, also making Shield completely useless. It's annoying to look at as well. Play a card, one action and let it be, instead of all the pinging stuff. I guess the new seasonal mode will be fun for SY.

I find the combination of the coin mechanic with the SY cards simply unfair. Saving all these coins, playing nothing on the board and then a few turns later removing multiple key cards from your opponent with unlimited pings or filling a row with units in one turn, which can then be repeated next turn, because these cards apparently have an automatic Cooldown of 1. Coins should not be untouchable and safe. As already suggested in other threads, let coins stay with the units that generate them. Let units that use coins only use their ability when they are played and not over and over. Make it a simple mechanic: let coins that are used be deducted randomly from units that carry coins. Please make it a card game again instead of a card-clicking game.

Moderator's reminder: Please, try to offer specific constructive criticism. General negative statements are unhelpful.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Very sad to see that CDPR ignored any constructive criticism over the last month and instead sticked to their "idea" of making everything more powerful (although the factions weren't balanced to begin with), so everything basically keeps the same, just with more points on the board. And the needed coin mechanic re-work (or nerf) was ridiculed by adding even easier options to get coins.

Well, another month without Gwent. It is so diasappointing that CDPR has so many cool ideas, but then totally messes up implementing them in a balanced way.

Since yesterday in Seasonal I went 51-12 with NR and got the new card back from the book. Seems balanced and PS4 friendly :facepalm:

I really like the new direction game took with this patch. I will always prefer to loose with score 101-100 instead of 5-4. Admit for being biased, as my favorite fractions are NR and SY:D But after long suffering with NR, seeing it back as meaningful fraction is very good feeling..

Well, another month without Gwent
Why so? Nobody is going to "hate" you for playing SK anymore :) Friendly tease, no offence meant just to be sure..

Why so? Nobody is going to "hate" you for playing SK anymore :) Friendly tease, no offence meant just to be sure..
No offence taken. In fact a big grin went to my face while reading this. I guess for me that's the good thing about the situation:p:LOL:

Looks like very big job here!!! And im happy about it. i write some "angry" message before about balance.
So lets check it!

Last edited:
After trying out a bit, I think that I can live with the patch. Except one point: The Sarah/Johnny change.
In my eyes, the game already has enough randomness.
This patch alone added 5 new randomly targeting effects (including Sarah/Johnny).
I understand the intentions behind the change of those two cards. But may I suggest two alternative solutions:

Solution A:
Give them back their order ability, but restrict it, so that you need two charges to trigger it. Just like the previous version of Margarita Laux-Antille,
who needed 3 charges to trigger one lock. (Speaking of Margaritha, I think this card should now need 5 or 6 charges for using one lock.
This would keep the identity of the card and adjust it to the easier charge gaining.)
Sarah/Johnny would get 2 charges with each special card played, but just one charge of charge giving effects/units.

Solution B:
Give them the Ivo treatment: Heal/Damage a unit, cooldown 2, reduce cooldown with each special card played.

Overall I could nearly adjust all my decks to the patch. I have even created a new Demavend deck, which has a better win rate than my knights deck...
(If I'm able to solve my inner net decking conflict, I'll post theese decks later)
Having said all this, I still wish there would be a few more units in NR which are able to gain/get charges. The number of theese units was reduced a bit too much.
Solution A for Sarah/Johnny would at least bring back two more charge units.

Hubert Rejk was not nerfed, it was murdered lol

I cannot disagree more. Hubert is now playable in all variety of decks that care about charges, not just in one-trick-pony scenario.

EDITED: And it´s one of two cards where charge/value ratio is more than 1/1.

Overall the patch seems good. Maybe NR received a little bit too much of a boost but it's good to see them back!
It is really good that the low provision cards have been boosted, and some provisions in the low range have been lowered. I've been waiting for more/better 4/5 provisions cards for a while, instead of having one big badass 10-14 provision card. This allows, imo, for A LOT more deckbuilding options and finally the low provision feel more like you can build up your deck with them, and less like you just fill it with the only one or two that were worthy.
Some balance still needs to be found, and some cards still need to be reworked but I think it is a big step in the right direction. Hats off to CDPR! Once again great job for a rewarding and generous free-to-play.

Since yesterday in Seasonal I went 51-12 with NR and got the new card back from the book. Seems balanced and PS4 friendly :facepalm:
Your opinion is based on less than week with this new patch. People still don't know how to react to the new balance.

Please refrain with this lack of insight

Last edited:
So, is there any way to react?
There always is. Give it another week, just like syndicate after some days many combos are interrupted before they even start

If in a month time tops you still feel this is a broken faction, then we can have a discussion.
Right now he might be right but for the wrong reasons, there might even be a really broken combo but not discovered yet

Does anyone else keep almost accidentally clicking on the Friends button in the social panel due to Quests having been moved to the leftmost spot?
Messages used to be in that spot, but now that they're gone the panel is smaller and it's taking some getting used to. :p

Top Bottom