PATCH 3.2 PATCH NOTES

+
Really sad that Call of the forest was changed. It had unique ability, now it's boring and probably will be used with Skaggs most of the time.
Mahakam Marauders also had interesting ability. Current "Get Vitality for X turns" - ultimately boring. Resilience as a mechanic became even more underrepresented.

Two cards that were never played because really bad. What the point of originality if ultimately nobody play them ?

Call of the forest is not so different from before, except that now it is playable. Plus it doesn't work with Skagg (boost after play).
Bonded dwarves are supporting the archetype, so I guess they are ok.

it is sad that they changed the Francesca ability to SC only.
by doing so they removed a huge set of possible very interesting and creative decks. imo this was unnecessary especially she wasnt that powerfull anyhow.

also new call of forest is borning.

the rest sounds fine and nice

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
by doing so they removed a huge set of possible very interesting and creative decks. imo this was unnecessary especially she wasnt that powerfull anyhow.

(i know why they made this, cause of the double- use of "novigradian justice", which made her too strong, but i think it would have been better if they just limited "novigradian justice" to syndicate and leave Francesca like she was)

Francesca would still be able to play Novigradian Justice. It is an ST card. So for all the decks which wanted to use Justice or Water with Francesca, they just got +2 provisions, which is HHHHHUUGGGGEEEEE (By ST standard).

• Francesca Findabair ability changed to: Order: Play a Scoia'tael special card from your graveyard.
Well, there go all the fun Francesca decks. Now that she is only useful with a total of what..2 cards? Your opponent knows exactly what is coming and it's just lame. Done with this game, peace. :facepalm:

(i know why they made this, cause of the double- use of "novigradian justice", which made her too strong, but i think it would have been better if they just limited "novigradian justice" to syndicate and leave Francesca like she was)

She can still use Novigrad.

They did that that for balancing reasons. Everytime they wished to introduce a new special card they were held back by her ability, they had to balance every single neutral special card around her and it was helding them back.

It wasn't done for balancing reasons ( she was fine), but for creative reasons

I think it would be fair and would not limit 'design space' if Francesca could also play neutral Bronze specials.

Last edited:
  • Francesca Findabair ability changed to: Order: Play a Scoia'tael special card from your graveyard.
Well, there go all the fun Francesca decks. Now that she is only useful with a total of what..2 cards? Your opponent knows exactly what is coming and it's just lame. Done with this game, peace. :facepalm:

You mean, double RNR, Aglais+Garrison, no unit Fran and all this crap ? These are the decks you call "fun" ?

I think you missed the point. The reason invoked by Slama was that its ability was limiting design space for powerful neutrals, which is perfectly legit. With this balance change another leader becomes competitive, which increases the diversity of the game. The real diversity, I mean the decks that are likely to be played.

Nobody cares if it is predictable, the thing is that we do not want a meta with 2 decks dominating : it is important to have a few archetypes viable per faction. Last month it was not the case.

I have a very good first impression of the patch notes. CDPR is addressing what is the problem instead of trying to bend the rest of the game to adapt to the problem cards.

DJ, Foltest, Kara and Draug tamed a bit. "Lore" nerf to bounties, the flying redanian now can be more easily seized or banished, Igor is no longer a 100+ point swing, good times.

Also enjoyed the faction restriction of leader and card abilities, makes it easier to balance and opens design space.

Last, the separation of leaders and their abilities seems weird at first but I think it will allow CDPR to realese more cosmetic items to a whole faction instead of restricting it to a leader. It might also provide a reason to unlock a skin from a leader you like, even though you already completed the contract.

Let's see how the meta shapes up. I am quite optimistic.

SK cards I've tried so far:
  • Svalblod Cultist: This one's going to be spawning new decks. She's almost like another set of Heymey Protectors. Works great with Longship/Priest to keep the engine going indefinitely. Poor synergy with Protector, itself, due to the direction of effects.
  • Tuirseach Veteran: like a bigger Svalblod Fanatic that works with Hjalmar. This will be nice, works on either side of cultist.
  • Sigrdrifa's Rite: great with Olaf/Champion/Priest and all of the passive abilities on SK units. I just wish you could choose its placement in the row, especially with the Cultist.
  • Cerys: Misplayed her a few times because I thought the spawned the unit, rather than summoned it. Shieldmaiden is great with her, debating on the usefulness of including Queensguard to prevent bricking. Poor synergy with Cultist/Priest due to the fact that she summons the unit to the end of the row, so she blocks the damage ticks. I'd like it if she specified "summon to the left" considering SK units seem to have a lot of directional importance.

I haven't tried these yet, but just some impressions:
  • An Craite Marauder: I think I like him with more damage/provisions, he has a fairly unique effect since he's better when played from the graveyard. Just like the Savage Bear change, I wish they balanced him to be bad from the hand, and really good from the graveyard.
  • Hemdall: I'm not sure that I'd want to play him over Regis, since it's very likely that rows with a lot of units are going to be damaged enough to trigger the repeat, probably due to Aard, etc. Also, Regis is likely to get more ticks for Greatsword/Dagur. EDIT: just noticed the provision cost is 1 lower, so that might matter.
  • Restore: I'm keeping an eye on this card, as it can make any unit into a mini Olaf, but it seems to require way too much work to get actual value out of it.

I mean, why they need to butcher the card? Also let's talk about the Foltest nerf as well, and Povetta nerfs, after all the cards are connected through synergy... Merciless was unplayable long enough it does not break the game, I am sorry I have to disagree and say that this nerf is perfect, and maybe too much!
It was practically untouched, creates another Commando, with Foltest is still an easy 18 point play that creates setup and turns Pavetta into an even more insane card.
The card as is was and is a mistake and adressing that would not be butchering it.
The new Cerys is what Roche should have been.

Last edited:
It's funny how Cerys and Birna suck provision wise compared to any thinning option the other factions have.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Patch 3.2:

• Rank 7 is way to high.. starting rank 10 you meet tier1-2 net decks more than half your games and I really don't wont to play my fun decks against those.. on rank 7 it feels like 75%+.. otherwise good idea.
  • Twitch overlay: awesome!
  • Neutral Buffs: heatwave is to cheap at 10p (why would you play curse of corruption over this??), otherwise good.
  • Dettlaff/Vampire rework: looks great, but GAEL is way to strong. He is basicly a 7/7 with HUGE potential upside.
  • Keltullis: Do not like the change at all, she is now in tall removal range, making her much easier to remove. And if she still sticks, she is even stronger when staying around then before...

• Beast Archetype: I don't get why these changes where made.. those were fun and unique cards that did not present any problem. Same for Cerys. She had her purpose, she just was a little weak. I don't like these reworks, but maybe I am missing something.
  • Foltest: good change, the NR restriction makes sense, even though it limits deck building.. I totally understand why.
  • NR Gold nerfs: wonderful, gets them in line pretty well.
  • ST Rework: oh lord, how frustrated and annoyed I am by this. So much good was done in this patch, but this?? I do not understand ANYTHING about these changes, they just make absolutely no sense. Unique cards have been reworked into stronger copies of already existing cards, other unique cards got turned into extremely boring point slam and the broken engine combo is still exactly as broken as it was before, because the problem with d. mercenary was not the 1 power, but the crazy amount of charges you gained by playing 4 of them in one turn as Francesca.
  • Give back Call of the Forest and change Isengrim's Counsel instead. (If you have to, for reasons unknown to me, restrict call to ST only cards?? but there was never a broken combo so far.. not roach/phoenix, nor witchers into some grealt, nor relic shuffeling when uni/chiro was still a thing.. so WHY?)
  • Give back half elf hunter (and maybe buff him?) and change ST neophyte
  • return mahakam marauder to its old ability.. there are so few resilience cards already.
  • Fix D. mercenary by making it an order and returning it to 4 strength.
  • Yennefers Invocation: crazy strong – heatwave will be a pain already and this one is the same in better and cheaper. NG has enough ways to play/summon the top card on the same round – this card is busted. (but I like the idea.. just way to cheap! And its MORE removal for NG.. really??
  • DJ.. NICE!
  • Bounty.. PERFECT!
  • Igor: Imo INSANITY should not be locked by cooldown, then he would be a great card. (change scorpion to make this possible)
  • REST of the changes: GREAT!
Thanks for reading, gonna update my thread tomorrow with some more stuff!

Last edited:
I completely understand the change to casual mode being unlocked at a certain rank, as the number of new players griping about the lack of matchmaking there was noticeably bad, and I'm afraid it resulted in a significant loss of players. I'm not sure rank 7 is the best cut-off for this, though, as there are plenty of reasons seasoned players who are at a higher rank would want to play casual. I was thinking the rank should be higher: maybe 15 to 10 or so, but then I thought of a possibly better idea:

What if casual and ranked are separated into two modes, with a scary, difficult name given to "casual" so new players are more likely to avoid it? Something like "Brawl mode". A description could be added to it to let them know just what they're getting into, like: "Battle against opponents of all levels and rank in this no-holds bar challenge to test your deck and skills against random opponents".

I wish CDPR would provide a short explanation/justification for each change, so that it becomes clear what the idea behind the change was. I simply don't believe that all of these changes have been well thought out and analyzed.

Some examples: Ida with a complete overhaul, why, for what reason? And not even for full mill value. Barbegazi now at 6 strength for 6 provisions, with 2 consumes on Order. Now not even 5 damage can remove it - OP with all the Deathwish units. Compare Barbegazi with Reynard Odo for laughs. Yennefer: Invocation, a sort of combination of Korathi Heatwave and Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream for 9 provisions. This is just silly.

I dunno why CDPR is so obsessed with purification effect. Very rarely you need to remove effect from a card asap, unless your deck was built around it, like removing doomed effect from certain cards to keep them in the graveyard.

Giving it to Ida, and then nerfing her ranged buff to useless vitality, effectively excluded her from usable cards.

Well, SK still can't even come close to the OP NR engines. It's like every one of the SK engines is just a worse version of NR because NR gets the same added value from boosts the SK does from self-damage.

Top Bottom