Patch 4.01 — list of changes

+
Why did you break the performance mode with a patch for a 30fps mode that no one plays, and no one cares about??? Ridiculous. You ruined the game. Hope you can revert back to 4.0 because if not, you are about to see a nosedive in activity for this game on consoles.
The RT "30 fps" mode is actually played by many since it became, well, very enjoyable and playable. Don't take your case for a generality.

My case is the generality. [...] Games is 7+ years old. Every patch shouldn't introduce issues that fundamentally break the game. Maybe you accept bullshit, I don't. And I and most others are not going to play the 30fps RT mode, that can't even stay locked at 30fps even now. Not to mention I didn't spend money on a PS5 to play games that run no better than they did on PS4.

As a reminder: when posting on these forums, you are required to always be respectful towards other people, and in general.

Both modes are totally playable, enjoyable and played by many. Many of us are really happy with how well the RT mode is running right now. It is, in fact, pretty impressive compared to the performances on PC. Yes, performance mode was better before, yes they should fix it, and probably will as it is mentioned here, but that’s it, there is nothing totally broken as you say. Nothing to cry about.

Yeah sure, game's not broken. Drops to 50fps on a target 60 is great. Not to mention the other issues in that link. lmao. Let's downplay patches that make the game worse, good idea. Doing that will really motivate them to fix it. Got to prioritize getting rid of the realistic vags though. That's clearly of the utmost importance.

Last edited:
I am not downplaying anything, juste saying the things as they are instead of exaggerating, and I didn’t speak about anything but performances here. Of course there are other things that are, indeed, broken. They are working on it. I am not the last one to report things here, as well as via the dedicated form.

Why did you break the performance mode with a patch for a 30fps mode that no one plays, and no one cares about??? Ridiculous. You ruined the game. Hope you can revert back to 4.0 because if not, you are about to see a nosedive in activity for this game on consoles.
RIght? I play on PS5 for the Performance mode. I want a smooth, consistent 60-FPS frame rate, and apparently this latest patch made frame rates . . . worse?

Come on, CDPR. Get it together.

The key is turning Ray Tracing off, tweaking the settings until you get a 65-70 FPS average and then limiting the framerate to 60 FPS which will help keep the 2 main threads from banging off 100% as much which in turn fixes any stuttering issues.
[...] Switching ray tracing off does by far not solve all problems the game has. If You did not experience mayor problems just consider Yourself lucky. Others have a lot of problems, even after the newest hotfix that was supposed to fix the problems introduced with patch 4.01 that was supposed to fix the problems introduced .... etc.

Read the thread on Steam for this newest hotfix and You will find a lot of PC players complaining about low FPS and bad stuttering, crashes and game breakings bugs (the Avallac´h problem e.g.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys instead of complaining the whole time, which is also legit of course, just put the game aside and wait for fixes. All this will bring nowhere. If you notice bugs and perf issues just do some free beta testing and report them to CDP, which is well aware of the state they released this next gen version!

Guys instead of complaining the whole time, which is also legit of course, just put the game aside and wait for fixes. All this will bring nowhere. If you notice bugs and perf issues just do some free beta testing and report them to CDP, which is well aware of the state they released this next gen version!
Both, complaining (politely!) and putting the game aside for now are good, IMHO.

I did put the game aside - which means I play the classic version (1.31). I do not have the time to beta test the NG version. Also I do not want to fiddle around with my setup (PC, drivers, etc.), I usually do not use strange 'tools', I just have the newest driver, no overlays and 'performance' tools, and yes, I play with 30 FPS, not because my graphics card (RTX 3080 Ti) cannot do more, but because it stays cooler and frame rate is stable this way.

I want to play this game, and not win a FPS competition.

But playing the game for around 6 hours in total led to 7 crashes (version 4.01), one of these did reboot my PC. This is unacceptable with my setup, which plays every other game I have without problems. And since the saves are not downward compatible I could become stuck easily. My entire progress in the game would be lost.

So I decided to leave the game installed, will also install patches when they come out (the Hotfix from this week is already installed), but then I rename both, the installation folder and the data folder in documents and play the old version, which I never removed or updated. Wisely, as it turns out...

Can recommend this solution, at least for GOG users, I think it would not work with Steam.

The Patch finally got Avallach to Talk to me so i could finally finish the main game. However, Wine War's Belgaard has Not been fixed. I've got 4 Out of 5 quest goals but the last monster nest is not updating. I didnt clear it before starting the Quest and cant be arsed to replay 20hrs. When playing the Game first...7 years ago non of those gamebreaking Bugs happened to me. So Please try again CDPR

Playing in PS5

The Patch finally got Avallach to Talk to me so i could finally finish the main game. However, Wine War's Belgaard has Not been fixed. I've got 4 Out of 5 quest goals but the last monster nest is not updating. I didnt clear it before starting the Quest and cant be arsed to replay 20hrs. When playing the Game first...7 years ago non of those gamebreaking Bugs happened to me. So Please try again CDPR

Playing in PS5

Please, report this quest bug via the dedicated form if not already done. This really needs to be fixed.

Top Bottom