Patch and Premium Keg Weekend are now live

+
m0bius8, you are right premium keg weekend is good. But a ray of sunshine in a hurricane is not reason for celebrating. They have been destroying gwent little by little since mid Winter update. Do you realize by rounding down they actually cut closer to 60% rewards, plus eliminating what you were earning for skipped ranks. Shorter seasons sound fine, in practice you need to do twice the work to get less reward. Which by itself might be acceptable if they hadn't raised the total point requirements on ranks 20 and 21 (while not fixing any of the balance issues created by midwinter update except creating silver spies which can still be duplicated with summoning circle.) The bottom line is they now demand even more hours and to be honest, it just doesn't seem worth it. So yes you are right about premium keg weekend (though they should do this once a quarter instead of per year) but, this thread is also about the patch which really ruined gwent (and lost any chance of me buying thronebreaker or any other gwent product for the foreseeable future.)

Might be me but I thought it was said that it would be quicker to level up due to shorter season. Only level 14 now but do you guys notice a difference in points for games won or lost?

Dominika;n10200242 said:
Spies that grant card advantage (i.e. Cantarella, Udalryk, Yaevinn, Thaler and Frightener) are no longer present in Create cards' option pools.

summoning circle still works right?

Mancoon1980;n10233752 said:
Might be me but I thought it was said that it would be quicker to level up due to shorter season. Only level 14 now but do you guys notice a difference in points for games won or lost?

Still getting 40ish for a level up and a lot less for a loss (that's a mouthful). I'm also at 14ish. Might be that we're getting less for losses now? Can't remember what it was like for this rank in the last season. Also perhaps you keep getting better points at higher levels? Iirc getting a win at rank 20 was only 20ish points, might be that it's staying at 40ish? This is all just me pondering though.

So premium weekend is great, but can we expect CDP to come clean about ninja nerfing kegs? I mean cmon guys, right now it i pretty clear that you MASSIVELY nerfed the drops on gold cards and removed/massively changed the pity timer. I mean that hurt even eteran player like me and made me not being that excited when it comes to opening kegs, but can't even imagine how sad new player is that is starting the game having no cards and droping that huge $$$ on 60 kegs to get literally ZERO gold cards, while he would get at least several just few weeks ago.

I opened 46 Premium Kegs. My Gold Drop Rate: 4,3% (before:5), Epic Drop Rate: 23% (before:20%). I don't see a massive nerf on Drope Rate...only bad luck. But statistically 46 Kegs are nothing, so I don't know.

Mdzl;n10240002 said:
So premium weekend is great, but can we expect CDP to come clean about ninja nerfing kegs? I mean cmon guys, right now it i pretty clear that you MASSIVELY nerfed the drops on gold cards and removed/massively changed the pity timer. I mean that hurt even eteran player like me and made me not being that excited when it comes to opening kegs, but can't even imagine how sad new player is that is starting the game having no cards and droping that huge $$$ on 60 kegs to get literally ZERO gold cards, while he would get at least several just few weeks ago.

Came here to post just this.
To me it makes that Premium weekend actually a very poor event. I get 100% drop of something I do not want (the game even has an option to disable premiums, which I have used to help performance) while a now seemingly 0% chance of something I really want (can't be sure but statistically it is very suspicious).
I reckon I'll keep my kegs for now and hope the gold rate drop comes back up after this Premium event.

Mdzl;n10240002 said:
I mean cmon guys, right now it i pretty clear that you MASSIVELY nerfed the drops on gold cards and removed/massively changed the pity timer.

CDPR didn't change the drop rate of golds. A few posts of unlucky people hardly proves anything. Also, the pity timer was never confirmed by CDPR. Players only assumed such a mechanic was present in the game.

Last edited:
Another 17 Premium Keg (total: 63)
Gold Drop Rate: 3,1% (5 before Premium Weekend)
Silver Drop Rate: 20% (20% before Premium Weekend)

I'm really unlucky with those 63 Kegs... (53 Kegs without Gold)

Greetings, I was unlucky too; zero out of approx. 60 but who cares. I have fun playing the game, its for free and I hope in the future the balancing will improve. I consent, that brouver has to be nerved a bit, cause in sheer numbers + spy its hard to get around him. But in the last season nilfgard dominated, so what. Anyway, thanks to the devs for the hard work they put into this game and best wishes for our future as mankind :)

4RM3D;n10244162 said:
CDPR didn't change the drop rate of golds. A few posts of unlucky people hardly proves anything. So, it's not clear at all.

How can you say the first sentence (which is a statement of fact) and end with a declaration of uncertainty? If it's a guess it would help to let us know as such.

My guess is that the drop is actually dependent on personal factors and not completely random. I'd say either the higher your level and/or rank the lower the drop, or maybe based on W/L ratio, or number of gold already owned. If that has always been the case or been introduced with the latest update I don't know. The patch notes certainly don't mention anything though, so may has always been there..?

As for the rest of the patch btw, I don't agree with those saying the game is getting ruined. It still is in beta and patches and changes are meant for testing things out.
Keep the good work and keep trying things out until you find what works. Fail fast, fail often, and the quality product will shape up gradually.

Last edited:
Kerman7;n10245212 said:
How can you say the first sentence (which is a statement of fact) and end with a declaration of uncertainty? If it's a guess it would help to let us know as such.

The last part "It's not clear at all" was directed at the user, not at what I wrote before that. Now that you mention it, it might be confusing.

stop this beta bullshit, they shouldnt release the update with only 1 day PTR.
:mean:

and if the game is beta why it has prolader, to test bugs ???

I see people still bitching about RNG as usual (no GG flashbacks...:facepalm:). Don't you understand that RNG is RNG. Even if you have 50% chance of getting golds out of your kegs it doesn't mean that youll get gold every other keg. Theoretically you can get 0 golds in 10/0/0/0/0 kegs. You just got unlucky and thats it. And don't forget the more cards the devs add to the game (100+ new cards) the lower chances in general.

P.S. In 40 or so kegs I've opened in new season Ive got 6 golds. One keg had two golds. SO yeah...

P.P.S. Just now opened 3 keg from dailies. One of them had Villgefortz (too bad its duplicate) among first 4 cards.

Last edited:
bojerbela;n10244332 said:
Another 17 Premium Keg (total: 63)
Gold Drop Rate: 3,1% (5 before Premium Weekend)
Silver Drop Rate: 20% (20% before Premium Weekend)

I'm really unlucky with those 63 Kegs... (53 Kegs without Gold)

You are not unlucky. This is normal. I saw Mogwai open 50 kegs in a row with one gold and it was Royal Decree. If you get only golds you already have as choices it's practically a silver card you get.
I also opened 50 kegs in succession without a single gold already.

Gwent was a fantastic meta-game and it's great it got its own game.
CD Projekt Red worked hard to make a name for itself and earn a lot of respect from many gamers, deservedly so.
It must know that losing it can go a lot faster than gaining it. I hope it doesn't make mistakes, or doesn't look like it's making mistakes, with Gwent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom