Patch is now available!

+
Changes in trinkets rewords - now seasons borders, avatars and titles are available for rank 10, 15 and 20. Also the third season avatar (in this season Dagon) is available for place in top 10000.

I think those rewords should be geven to players for previous seasons according to their achievements.

While I absolutely can agree on a lot of the nefrs, one thing I totally disagree on is the Ointment nerf. Why should Bone Talisman have two great options to chose from, while Ointment is considered "too powerful"? Nonsense.

slimeral;n10438012 said:
guys, when opening kegs, the game issues transaction error "transaction has already been updated", and brings me back to keg purchasing menu
Had the same issue - restarted the game and than it worked fine.

Dominika;n10411302 said:
Restore
Change: Unit resurrected via Restore is now Doomed.

Restore and Sigrdrifa are currently played in every Skellige deck. This is not only unhealthy for the game and deck variety, but also indicates these cards were in fact too strong.

While I agree with the nerf, I strongly disagree with the reasoning.

First of all, not every SK deck has those cards. According to GwentUP report, Sigrdrifa is in 92.6% decks.
I personally played a Ciri:Nova version w/o Sigrdrifa and with only 2 priestesses.

Secondly, if that is indeed the case (the card is in every deck), why no nerfs to Hattori, Pauli and Barclay? Barclay Els was used in 99% of Brouver decks and in 90% of Eithne decks, while Paulie was a bit behind. Yes, they nerfed bronze dwarves, but Brouver is still a lot of points + deck thinning.

New reward system is magnificent, hopefully MMR system wasn't changed as much to make 4k+ climb as hard as 4,4k+ climb was in previous patches. I like how unique season rewards are really in the grasp of majority of players.

It almost makes me forget about the unfortunate conjunction of Transmutation promotion and full refund period, as I am now stuck with bunch of Premium cards that I can't mill for full mp value and regret sets for transmuting bunch of cards now on the nerf list just last month, since that powder could have taken me a long way now.

When would the changes take effect? Just played Ciri in Ranked and she was 25pts. Also Comm Horn gave me 20pts. ??

Last edited:
IaintYourFather;n10439032 said:
When would the changes take effect? Just played Ciri in Ranked and she was 25pts. Also Comm Horn gave me 20pts. ??

Your game probably didn't get updated yet. Exit and make sure the patch is installed.

WipeoutVasusu;n10439012 said:
w8 why eist still can't create veteran?

Because Veterans don't have the Soldier tag.
Tuirseach Veteran
Change: Reverted the category change from Soldier back to Support.
The initial change was meant to be a buff to decks running Clan Veterans and Eist. However, on the PTR we saw that should the Soldier category remain on the Veterans, this archetype would instantly become overpowered. We could’ve done things differently, but we'd rather regroup on this particular change and come back to it in a future update.

​​​​​​​

Muffliato;n10439182 said:
Your game probably didn't get updated yet. Exit and make sure the patch is installed.

Well no update is being downloaded when I visit the microsoft store... any other options to install it ?

Actually this kind of patch notes is great, plz keep that form on adding infos bout why particular card chane is made. For me it's not big deal cause i try to be actual on everything Gwent related but imo 90% playerbase will be satisfaied cause they can not only read changes but reasoning behind that

• Mahakam Guard's power changed from 9 to 7.
  • Mahakam Guard's boost value changed from 3 to 7.
False the power change to 4 and fortunatly

Kaeduss;n10439412 said:
Mahakam Guard's power changed from 9 to 7. Mahakam Guard's boost value changed from 3 to 7. False the power change to 4 and fortunatly

The OP says:

Mahakam Guard
Power changed from 9 to 4.
Old ability: Boost an ally by 3.Updated ability: Boost an ally by 7.

These guys are very powerful and a core addition within many strong dwarven builds. There was a possibility that following the change to Dwarven Skirmishers, Mahakam Guards would become too powerful and overused throughout the meta. Shifting some of the card’s own power into its boost ability balances it out.

DRK3

Forum veteran
The patch notes seem nice. Liked most of the balances. Will try to make a Pavko Gale deck, to show my appreciation, CDPR.

IaintYourFather;n10439332 said:
Well no update is being downloaded when I visit the microsoft store... any other options to install it ?

Ah, the MS store... can't say I'm too familiar with that version. Don't know how it applies updates, unfortunately.

Edit: Launched my MS store version, and it indeed hasn't updated. Still don't know what the issue is, though.

Last edited:
SrdjanB;n10438982 said:
It almost makes me forget about the unfortunate conjunction of Transmutation promotion and full refund period, as I am now stuck with bunch of Premium cards that I can't mill for full mp value and regret sets for transmuting bunch of cards now on the nerf list just last month, since that powder could have taken me a long way now.

Yup. We have to use refunded powder this w-e, or we will lose in the change. Awesome patch indeed.

Veterans were not the problem. bearmaster should not be soldier. cdpr destroyed a cool archetype.
:mean:

'Half-Elf Hunter's Spawned copy will now have the Doomed category'
i think is irelvant change.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain me, how were the rewards for ranked given for this (January) season? I placed around nr. 350 in global rank, yet i got rewards for obtaining rank 20 only (border and title). I know u changed the limits, but shouldn't i get a lot more than this for what i have achieved before the changes were applied?

The main thing is, that u are simply changing something, that people worked hard for a long time and now u make it much easier to get. So in comparison, its a bit unfair - not getting trinkets from early seasons, but getting the new ones more easily. :/

Last edited:
Great patch notes ! Looking forward to the Special Kegs once they become available... Currently they aren't... For Xbox players.

V/r
Rayon 34

PS.... Still loving GWENT!

Top Bottom