Patch is now available!

+
If I transmute the listed cards then mill them, will I profit +powder? Btw, why does the "Switch Deck" button disappear in the Find Match Screen?

I can see it right now. Opponent plays cantarella next to biggest unit then treason. No more passing when way ahead after silver spy.

I like the looks of the patch so far. Have not tried it yet as I'm transmuting my saved powder. Only change I don't like is commanders horn. Instead of a nerf it should just be a northern realms card. Not really worth running it at 15 points when a lacerate is more powerful, also setting me up for an igni without a real pay off

So developers failed again. They just don't seem to have a clue. Nerfing cards by 1 does not change anything. The same exact 7 decks will be (and are) being used on ranked. The same strategies still apply. You want deck diversity give underused cards 5 point boosts and Nerf other cards to studs. Instead of skirmishers getting +3 boost how about +1 boost, do 2 damage, and a base of 4. This will force players to use other cards, new strategies, and actually make gwent fun again. Where was the boost for monsters (the weakest faction with the fewest viable archetypes) where was the Nerf on cursed bear decks. Where were the new cards (still gotta add new cards on every update to keep game interesting.) Gwent is dying because of RNG and improper balance, and this patch did not change enough or add enough to fix either problem.

The restore nerf is a bit overkill(the doom tag), just make it ressurect unit with 8 str or less without setting it to 8 if it has less than 8 str(or if it is below 8 boost it to 8) and the card has the same effect but you do not lose unit, because of the doom tag. Also the big problem with the dwarfs is that you can play very strong bronze card - dwarven skirmisher 6 - 9 times( hattori 3 agitators decoy). Imagine playing 6-9 impera enforcers/savage bears :). The problem are cards that create additional copies of strong bronze units, nerfing them by 1 wont change much.

Last edited:
mahakam guard nerff is bullshit
Xavier doesn't works anymore, there is only one 9 power dwarf, and is silver.

Also cant choose with Iorveth my unit. That sucks too.

Ciri: Nova is a little bit stronger, i think, since she is Igni-proof now. - bad nerff.

Great work with all those Dommed stuff

Why nerfed commanders horn? now it sucks. At least make it Item so that pevko could pick it

There is a lot of 1 power units now, Vandegrifft cheers.

Thats how i feel about this patch, and how about u guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Having an issue with getting my rewards from last season. According to the update to the ranks I should have the grand warg title available to me, but its not for some reason. I play on console so I'm wondering if thats a factor.

Monsters Nest should NOT have been nerfed. It was so widely used, not because it was OP, but because it is the only competitive Monster Silver.
Before this change you could spawn an Arachas Behemoth out of Alzur's range, now it lines up perfectly with Alzur's. Not a good change.
So now Monsters Nest gets the same value as a Slave Driver does.
Monsters really need a Elven Scout called Monsters Nest to create units.
Monsters are weeeak sauce aside from Binary Consume.

COMPLAINTS ASIDE, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT PATCH NOTES!

So Mahakam Guard went from being a 12 point bronze to a 14 point bronze? That has to be a misprint.

Hilarious that 9+ total for cards in builder can be deceiving. Didn't realize I had 27 skirmishers to mill. Happy days

nonimoose;n10440522 said:
So Mahakam Guard went from being a 12 point bronze to a 14 point bronze? That has to be a misprint.
guard is no 11 point (4 base + 7 boost) and only if u played sth before
your hated dworfs have nothing now ;)

Agree with monsters nest. At least let it buff 2 points. Plus commanders horn should have remained our went on to boost the whole row. If a bronze lacerate can hurt my whole row why can't my silver special compete. Too big a nerf. Northern realms needs that card

No fix on creating lubberkin or botchling with adda only pulling one of them when it should pull both, no buffs on sabrinas spectre which is a laughable card compared to sigdrifa, no +1 power for like every NR cursed card since they are only on the same power level as base units when they hit their synerg, no reverse on the medic to shuffle back units, on top of that nerf on commanders horn which i do agree was a have to include in NR decks but not because it was so good but because there were no other options.

No nerfs to the alchemy archetype, no adjustments on bear spam and cursed knight is no creating a copy that doesnt show its power.

NR got hit hard this patch dont know why though

I'm really happy with the new patch. everything looks better balanced right now. well done guys at cdpr. I still think monster archetypes need to get "complete" for next real patch, and please please dont forget to rework cards like NG black archer (u know what card it is) or Serrit (usually worse than the bronze Ven. Elite). Thanks again guys. this patch looks much better. We also appreciate the half price transmutations. :)

Mancoon1980;n10440832 said:
Agree with monsters nest. At least let it buff 2 points. Plus commanders horn should have remained our went on to boost the whole row. If a bronze lacerate can hurt my whole row why can't my silver special compete. Too big a nerf. Northern realms needs that card

horn should be 6*3 because its to op with natalis

I'm not allowed to create a new post (<10 posts) and I didn't know where to post this but I noticed an issue this morning when playing:

Shani's revived seemed to undue a lock on Prince Stennis. Situation:

Round 1 enemy plays Stennis early, I lock (because 1) Decoy and 2) Revive) then a turn or two later Stennis is killed by frost weather hazard. In round 3 opponent plays Shani and revives Stennis, who then does his ability, etc.

Is this working as intended? Does dying remove lock? I know in the past it hasn't been removed at round end, but I'm not sure if I looked when a card was destroyed, as opposed to round-end discard. Or did Shani's revive remove the lock? Is it supposed to?

Top Bottom