Patch is now available!

+
So still nothing on the broken premium cards, then? When are we going to see proper animations for them? Within this year? 10 years? Never??

Eetheart;n10442752 said:
So my question to you is, why not just play the game and enjoy it? If you're really going to be upset about cosmetic rewards given out to casuals, then you've got bigger issues than Gwent. No offense intended at all, mate.

Well in my case, it's not just about grinding. I enjoy trying to get as high in ranked as possible - and these cosmetic rewards was the only thing that motivated players around MMR 4300+ to play more and get ranked higher. Like u said, its just cosmetic, but it showed an exclusivity. Something, that is simply not for everyone. Something, that only the best deserved. I am not really upset, more like i miss motivation in future seasons, when there is nothing really exclusive to get. And thats how I enjoy playing :)

m0bius8;n10443312 said:
So still nothing on the broken premium cards, then? When are we going to see proper animations for them? Within this year? 10 years? Never??

They're not broken, they just haven't been implemented yet.. ?

There's a bug with Jade Idol not showing it's value on the card - I believe, might have just been a one off on my end. Anyone else confirm? If so I'll post it in the relevant place.

Last edited:
I think it's a wrong concept that certain cards being played all the time is equal to OP. It may due to the lack of viable archetype/usable cards in certain factions. Also, some OP cards can be unpopular due to the same reason.

I'll never reach top 1000, just don't have time to play that much. There still needs to be unique rewards for reaching those levels. If you give them out later for basic rewards to new players you'll cheapen the actual reward. Why have rewards at all then. It will be bad for the game in the end. Without purpose people will stop playing.

Finally I can write a satisfied feedback post :).

UI has slightly improved, with cards having more weight and dragging them is simple and comfortable (could not think of a proper adjective).
The board and the mulligan are quicker and more pleasant to play in general.

The balance changes look like they hit the spot, I played ranked until I got in the top 600 (or 700) and I saw a huge variety of decks, all factions represented and previously dead archetypes are now viable (especially Mulligan elves and Movement elves)

Without the spy abuse it is -literally- a different game, much more enjoyable.
Carryovers (especially Olgierd and Morkvarg) and elven wardancers are much, much more powerful than the past.
It's like ST and SK (all archetypes) played with potentially 1 CA.
Still too soon to claim it's a real problem though.

The only sad thing is that RNG is still not just viable, but very competitive.
Elven scouts and slave drivers still provide lucky draws/engine draws who carry huge advantages, Runestones are everywhere, Dopplers add 3 more random draws, Shupe is being used by 100 lvl guys with extreme prejudice, Uma is squirming all over the place.
Imho, judging by the decks I met in ranked, this session will be dominated by high RNG cards now that spies, dwarves, NG alchemy and bears have been put in check.

I wish all new session started like this one, though ;).
My faith in the future of the game is slowly crawling back!

I really don't like that we effectively get only half the powder from dusting nerfed cards just because of this stupid promotion. What if I don't want to spend all my powder right away because I either wait for new cards or am not sure what to upgrade? I know that it would be abused for infinite powder but is it really that hard to wait with the promotion till monday when the nerfs expire? I was really looking forward to dusting nerfed cards and now this promotion ruins it for me.

Other than that the rest of the patch seems perfect oitside of Tremors nerf instead of ithlinne, so you get some praise for that.

Last edited:
How can you call Ciri Nova a nerf. The fact that it can not be targeted by gigni sounds like a buff to me. 3 points is nothing. A 22 point swing for one card is ridiculous. Its almost a guaranteed win if you have card advantage and play it last. There is no drawback either. Someone mentioned Tibor allowing an opponent to draw a card and that is reasonable. Ciri gives the same power but with little to no drawback. Having only 2 copies of each card is not a big deal AT ALL. A lot of decks have only 2 copies of most cards anyway even without including ciri nova. At least bring it down to an even 20 or have it BOOST to 22 instead of Strengthen. It seems most of the changes are irrelevant. I agree that treason needed a change but with Iorveth meditations nerf they are essentially the same card except one is silver and one is gold. How does that make sense? How can ointment be OP with 2 choices when Bone Talisman keeps its 2 choices? I mean the explanations are a welcome change to the patch notes but they have to make sense, right?

ciri nova + scorch = dead.
ciri nova + dudu = same points .
ciri nova + avg 3 bronzie + gigni = dead

yes im using ciri nova, she no finisher for me, i jsut use here to get rid off opponets scorch (she is a beautifull target afterall)

Card categories/tags ordering is still a mess ( I won't stop bringing this up until it gets some attention :D ), otherwise I'm loving the patch so far.

:hatsoff:

fo3nixz;n10446162 said:
yes im using ciri nova, she no finisher for me, i jsut use here to get rid off opponets scorch (she is a beautifull target afterall)

Quite sadistic of you. :cirisad:

DCeiTFuL;n10446152 said:
How can you call Ciri Nova a nerf. The fact that it can not be targeted by gigni sounds like a buff to me. 3 points is nothing. A 22 point swing for one card is ridiculous.

Yes, that's a buff.

But having only 2 bronze cards of each is a big deal. It hurts consistency and mulligans a lot. And 25 points was not that big of a swing. Actually, NG can get over 25 points spread on several bodies by playing 1 card on an empty table. Consume monsters can too. Even NR, if they set up Dijkstra right.

And moreover, none of the top tier decks had Ciri: Nova in the previous season.

Was Alzur's Thunder 9 damage last pre patch?

I thought it was 7..I don't see it in the notes either.
but I just got shut down by thunder spam.
now that monster nest doesn't boost 3.. arachas just get squashed by spies and now thunder ...ugh

TheShift;n10446982 said:
Was Alzur's Thunder 9 damage last pre patch?
I thought it was 7..I don't see it in the notes either. but I just got shut down by thunder spam. now that monster nest doesn't boost 3.. arachas just get squashed by spies and now thunder ...ugh
It became 9 in midwinter patch.

CRO_Revan;n10442442 said:
Devs call Ciri:Nova a nerf? It is a buff, since she is a strength 1 card which boost self for 21 points. Tibor boost self for 15 and opponent draw a card. Now you can't even destroy Ciri:Nova with Geralt: Igni. Just great. :) I find it funny that you have different cards for different factions which have the same ability, also find it kinda sad that you have cards that can draw a card from other factions which then spawn a card from also not your faction. Since you removed rows, maybe you should also remove factions, because, Nilfgaard leader can spawn every other leader cards. :)
Yes Nerf.

Nova, 1 card. Igni 1 card. to hit it before you had to have CA, if you have CA she's only worth 2 bronzes, If you Don't have CA you still have the option of scorch, and the only way she's flying solo on a row is if they stack everything else on other row, which is an advantage for Igni. R3 under 50pts? pretty damn rare, even for Viper/Alchemy

First things first. My hatss off to Burza for compiling such comprehensive patch notes. keep up the good work, you're my hero today.

Second thing up. nice to see some changes toward balancing, hope to see more in the future...

Third is a bit of a sour note: Looking through the changes there seems to be an overwhelming focus on what is and isn't being used... While this is a good starting point, it feels very much like the reviewer(s) stopped there for the most part (based on changes, not description of changes). The problem with that is that while that may be true for some of the single cards (mostly silver+)... The reason for most usage statistics is Synergy. Ex: Unseen Elder was already a powerful card, that isn't its' issue, the problem is the other leaders offer better synergies. having synergies isn't a bad thing, but it does require more careful management. cards that support multiple synergies are absolutely going to be more common.
Likewise cards with multiple options that can not only be used differently, but situationally, Ex: Ointment far from being a change that hurts the Slave/Alchemy deck, it actually boosts NG control because now V.Medic can pirate other NG decks graveyards with the same impunity it previously did to the likes ST and NR, removing all recourse. Meanwhile anyone that actually relied on the other option saw it vanish, despite still being present on bone charm. similarly with the change to Swarm cards like Half-Elf and Slave Infantry... these archetype are pretty much dead in the water being doomed, because their value wasn't as much in their pts, as their ability to be consistently replayed... 9pts on SI with three bodies is a significantly less value to the deck than even muster cards which at least have the benefit of deck thinning.

In conclusion I'd like to say thanks for the most excellent patch notes (despite the 1 contradictory typo), thanks for your efforts to balancing the game, and please give more weight to the synergies when considering future changes, especially where it offers players multiple choices and consistency of deck play across rounds as these are key components of making the gameplay deep, engaging, and more skill based.

Now if you excuse me I'm going to go build a Dorfs and Nekkers because my regular ladder decks were completely demolished by the changes, and I want to generate some more hate for them, to seem them ground to dust = D

Last edited:
Top Bottom