Patch Notes 10.1

+
Okay. Now it's clear to me that I must say good bye.

Bye.
Which changes in particular were you missing, if you don't mind me asking?
As for me, I wanted to see a few buffs to unused cards in their roster, you know, for more variety.

8 of 10 games are against NG, clog or mill, all using the same cards. Plus, roach and dog is buffed.
What the hell...
Post automatically merged:

So now I have to forfeit every time I face:
- any NG deck
- any madoc, no unit, traps crap

That leaves me maybe 1 game out of 10. Is it an interesting game? No, it's probably battle trance op netdecked deck, or new invigorate netdecked deck, or some SY deck again using the same cards.

Disaster.

Really, the worst state ever.

The level between op cards and trash ones is so freaking huge, that if you don't play op cards, you have zero chance to win.

Some time before, I could create custom deck with rarely played cards, have fun, surprise netdeckers and win sometimes, but now, I absolutely can't. The fun is not allowed.

I think it's finally the time to admin that Gwent I liked to play is no more, stop caring and move on for good...

Last edited:
8 of 10 games are against NG, clog or mill, all using the same cards. Plus, roach and dog is buffed.
What the hell...

- any NG deck

That leaves me maybe 1 game out of 10. Is it an interesting game? No, it's probably battle trance op netdecked deck, or new invigorate netdecked deck, or some SY deck again using the same cards.

Disaster.

The level between op cards and trash ones is so freaking huge, that if you don't play op cards, you have zero chance to win.

Some time before, I could create custom deck with rarely played cards, have fun, surprise netdeckers and win sometimes, but now, I absolutely can't. The fun is not allowed.

I think it's finally the time to admin that Gwent I liked to play is no more, stop caring and move on for good...
Exactly, you summed it all very nicely.

Hand buffs was fine before - run it constantly and it was very fun to play.

Not anymore now that everyone else is though...

Hand buffs was fine before - run it constantly and it was very fun to play.

Not anymore now that everyone else is though...
I felt the same way about SK alchemy, and about old vs new Onslaught. Onslaught before at least provided a lot of freedom on what deck to make, now it's just a leader fully tied to a single meta deck and that's it.
People should know by now that devs are consistently attacking, trying to destroy deck diversity by putting out changes that make cards too good, thus they obsolete a whole bunch of other cards and send them to the recycle bin of history. There is no hope of salvation for this game, at least not any time soon (and the community knows this too, that's why you see constantly less and less activity on the forums, apart from patch notes release days and even those are much less active).

Last edited:
What the hell...

- any NG deck

Disaster.

NG clog and hyperthin its a nightmare and i really dont know why The devs continue buffing it.

I played with handbuff against One clogger deck. The first game i win because even his kolgrim was not able to win against my handbuffed cards.

Later i played again (problably agains The same opponent). In Last round He puts his defender, and He use kolgrim without reach adrenalina because He knows i didnt have answer to defender and kolgrim.

So he played Rience in The penultimate turn to kill One of my boosted card and in The Last round He "zero" my other boosted card.

His fucking Rience played for something like 50 points.

I felt the same way about SK alchemy, and about old vs new Onslaught. Onslaught before at least provided a lot of freedom on what deck to make, now it's just a leader fully tied to a single meta deck and that's it.
People should know by now that devs are consistently attacking, trying to destroy deck diversity by putting out changes that make cards too good, thus they obsolete a whole bunch of other cards and send them to the recycle bin of history. There is no hope of salvation for this game, at least not any time soon (and the community knows this too, that's why you see constantly less and less activity on the forums, apart from patch notes release days and even those are much less active).
And the thing is, there's no good reason for any of that. The "Quality over quantity" excuse is laughable. Out of the recent patches, only 9.6 has anything to do with quality (and even then, CDPR didn't hotfix Milva, for some reason)...More importantly, added her to the game, even though the playtesters told them the card was a huge mistake (Spyro mentioned this probably ~5000 times over December)

And I mean, the general balance policy is questionable. Like, alright, they want stupid "swingy" cards, fine, even though no one I've seen on this forum or r/Gwent likes them, but it's probably too late to return to reasonable values at this point.

But even then, uplifting the outdated cards to the same "stupid" powerlevel shouldn't realistically take so much time, considering all the most of them need is some flat value/provision upgrade. It's not like +1 on Magne Division can break the game where Piggies exist. The same is true for many, many other cards.
I see why they might want to be careful with stuff like Damien or Artis, but at the same time...they added freaking Milva and Saskia and Fucusya and allowed Tunnel Drill to terrorize ladder for far longer than it had any right to, so it's not like they're actually being especially careful/conservative in general. Just when it comes to fixing the broken and unplayable stuff, curiously. That's just backwards.

I know Vlad thinks that there's no need for hurry, but there very much is - the game is losing players much faster than before, as people grow more and more disgruntled, skip more seasons and lose faith. I really, really don't want the game to die, and don't like the whole "Gwent is dying!" discourse, but if they don't change their attitude, I'm afraid all these grim predictions might come true rather soon.

If I place Courier to melee row and choose which card to be put on top of opponent's deck, it is not put on the top. Happened 2 times in a row, I drew/banished the 2nd top card of opponent's deck...

If I place Courier to melee row and choose which card to be put on top of opponent's deck, it is not put on the top. Happened 2 times in a row, I drew/banished the 2nd top card of opponent's deck...
I have not noticed this — are you sure your opponent did nothing to alter deck order? I will test a bit more; I don’t always play close attention.

Invigorate with 3 charges is clearly a bad change in my opinion. You can boost Torgue (or what his name is) to 23 power with playing about 10 card.... and due to its ability it is extra boosts to many other units too.

Courier: yes. First I could choose from Auberion King, Old Speartip and a 3rd, picked Auberion King to top, but my Kingslayer banished Old Speartip. In second game I could choose from Duchess' Informant, Mage infiltrator and a 3rd, pick Duchess' informant, then my Cantarella drew Mage infiltrator.

I don't agree. I think so small changes is showing that the devs don't want to work with the game.

Let's look at several random dead cards:

-- Water Of Brokilon, 12prov!
Why the hell not make it 10prov, or even 9. Huge buff to Harmony, which has 0 playrate.

-- Saskia Dragon, 11prov unplayable Harmony card.
Why the hell not to make it 10prov and Veil or even immune.

Two buffs to Harmony. Breaks game? No. Toxic? No. HARD TO DO IT???? fking no!!!!!! took me 20sec to notice these cards. Takes another 20sec to alter provisions to them at their database. Is it hard work, can you screw something while doing it? Fking no, even my grandmother can alter number 11 to number 10.

Ok, going next. Neutrals.

-- geralt Aard. 10points for 10prov. When was the last time you saw it played? It Witcher 3 maybe, using Aard sign.
Why the hell not make it 9prov, or increase number of units. Breaks the game? No. Toxic? No. Well, I don't how hard to now target 4 units instead of 3, but 10 to 9 is easy for my grandma.

-- ciri nova, 8 for 9. Almost unplayable. (Gets heatwaved, invocationed, purified, even killed).
Ok, so let's try to increase provision restriction to 10 instead of 9. How many interesting possibilities we may have... Breaks the game? Time will tell. Toxic? No, everyone and their mother has heatwave anyway.

-- enraged ifrit, regis bloodlust. Both 8 for 10 with almost the same ability. Why the hell is that? Why the hell it's 8 for 10? Why the hell not give it something interesting, like:
Regis: Bloodlust: range, play a vampire from your deck.
See where it goes?
Ifrit: range, play a bronze special from your deck.
At least some variation.

-- Allgod, 10prov. Theoretically, you can play it at any deck. Practically? Lose a round after playing this card.
Why the hell not change provision from 10 to 9, or even 8? Or increase base power to 5, 6, so you don't lose a round instantly.

And so on, and so on, and so on.

It's so easy to tweak a little. It can be done very fast, without risk to screw something.
Why the hell it's not done then???
I agree with most of them, only the immune status to Saskia dragon, people will play it with sabertooth, eldain and traps.
I think It more important to nerf the cards that are too strong like ardal aep dahy others card should be nerfed too i think, noctule is becoming much more stronger than gold vampire cards, way better than prononctule and even better than orianna

This meta feels like it's all about playing 30-50 points in the final 2 turns. Whoever has the bigger hand usually wins, it's already quite tiresome...

This meta feels like it's all about playing 30-50 points in the final 2 turns. Whoever has the bigger hand usually wins, it's already quite tiresome...
This particular aspect of the meta is rather nice, though. Allows you to experiment a bit more, provided you bring the right tech.
1642409444793.png
i

Instead of arguing about the merits of specific tweaks, I'm surprised nobody else seems to have the same complaints I do with this patch, and have done with many previous patches - namely the pathetic number of changes.

It's a game with 1300-odd cards, in which a few dozen are OP and maybe 200, 300 are completely unused because they simply aren't good enough, and the developers think that tweaking 22 cards is enough for a month's work.

Given that many of these cards could be transformed with simple changes to power/provision cost, which surely would be very little work, I just think this is inexcusable, and it keeps happening, month after month. I have never played a game anywhere near as frustrating as Gwent, because the potential is so great, but it simply isn't being realised.

1000 x this. It has already been pointed out by quite a few top players and streamers. It looks like the amount of work that goes into the actual game, especially in terms of playtesting and game balance, is quite unbecoming of a large gaming company that is CDPR. This patch is the size of a hotfix while more than half of the card roster is critically outdated, and maybe 8 out of 10 main archetypes are unplayable on the ladder. This might bite Gwent in the bottom sooner or later.

However, I wanna point out it's not just tweaks. We did get some new cards. Speartip is a brand new package. Scapegoat is a completely new design. And changes itself are mostly good. Most glaring single-card op issues, namely Milva and King Beggar, were addressed in a way. But, seriously, gentlemen, there is an extent to which the volatile nature of Gwent meta can be used as an excuse for what genuinely seems like good ol' slacking.

1000 x this. It has already been pointed out by quite a few top players and streamers. It looks like the amount of work that goes into the actual game, especially in terms of playtesting and game balance, is quite unbecoming of a large gaming company that is CDPR. This patch is the size of a hotfix while more than half of the card roster is critically outdated, and maybe 8 out of 10 main archetypes are unplayable on the ladder. This might bite Gwent in the bottom sooner or later.

However, I wanna point out it's not just tweaks. We did get some new cards. Speartip is a brand new package. Scapegoat is a completely new design. And changes itself are mostly good. Most glaring single-card op issues, namely Milva and King Beggar, were addressed in a way. But, seriously, gentlemen, there is an extent to which the volatile nature of Gwent meta can be used as an excuse for what genuinely seems like good ol' slacking.

Maybe we should keep in mind that this patch was in holiday season and so less resources where spent on it what I consider to be very understandable.
What CDPR did in this patch was pushing unplayable cards into playability ( Mourntart, Old Speartip: Asleep:; Old Speartip; Tourney Shaelmaar; Octavia Hale, Savvy Huckster)

This patch, however, made one aware of the fact, that there are still many cards which are even more unplayable now.

Let´s compare for example Oxenfurt Naturalist to Savvy Huckster and you see that Naturalist is strictly worse than his counterpart.
And here should CDPR really attack, I hope.

For example:
Oxenfurt Naturalist (4 power, 4 provisions, Syndicate)
Profit 2.
Fee 1: Give an allied unit Vitality for (0) turn.
Increase the vitality duration by 1 for each allied unit from Oxenfurt (Oxenfurt Naturalist, Oxenfurt Scholar)

Oxenfurt Scholar (3 power, 4 provisions, Neutral)
Deploy: Give an allied unit Vitality for 2 turns.
Whenever this unit receives vitality, it receives boost instead.

And suddenly we would have 2 cards which would really support specific archetypes. Oxenfurt Scholar might often be used by SC also for instance and might be a big support for all cards giving vitality (https://gwent.one/en/cards/?v=10.1.0&q=give an allied unit vit) as Fleder was for bleeding.
Oxenfurt Naturalist might be an option for SY now.

Dwarwen Mercenary: deploy damage self by 1 for each non-dwarf unit your hand -> doesn't damage itself even if you have zero dwarves.

Dwarwen Mercenary: deploy damage self by 1 for each non-dwarf unit your hand -> doesn't damage itself even if you have zero dwarves.
Obviously not if it gets summoned by Saskia instead of you playing it from your hand.

Every time I saw it played from opponent's hand, it never damaged itself. Even if opponent probably didn't have more dwarves.

Top Bottom