Patch Notes 10.10

+
So turns out we have yet another NG archetype much stronger than any non NG deck. I don't know what CDP is thinking at this point

I am not convinced the new NG archetype has anything beyond meme potential. It generates a lot of points, but is very vulnerable to both strategic and tactical responses. It is good at beating greedy decks that have cut all balance for cheese, but at this point, I don’t think it goes beyond that.

Of course, I could be overlooking decks that are strengthened by these NG cards, but still reasonably respond to possible counters, but I have neither seen nor found such a deck yet.

NG reavers are also fucked up.

Damn, why is it all fucked up? The outcome of the match is decided at the draw or if the opponent has Yrden.

So binary, so stupid!

I am not convinced the new NG archetype has anything beyond meme potential. It generates a lot of points, but is very vulnerable to both strategic and tactical responses. It is good at beating greedy decks that have cut all balance for cheese, but at this point, I don’t think it goes beyond that.

Of course, I could be overlooking decks that are strengthened by these NG cards, but still reasonably respond to possible counters, but I have neither seen nor found such a deck yet.
It's not anymore "meme" than the NR Knights are, which were T1, despite all of the supposed "counters" available. And unlike the Knights, most of the points here are pointslam and not row-clustered.

NG reavers are also fucked up.

Damn, why is it all fucked up? The outcome of the match is decided at the draw or if the opponent has Yrden.

So binary, so stupid!
Now, this complaint I think is legitimate. Reavers are very dangerous -- both to oppose and for the state of the game. Unlike the NG cards, they are not gimmicky -- they always play for solid value (either in points or in opponent removal), but they can totally dominate the game if not controlled.

I am especially concerned about the developers recent tendency to allow multiple copies of units -- especially units that are not basically inert (Elven deadeyes are not a problem in themselves, but NR soldiers are). This creates binary decks, and it severely limits design space.

That new 2-point Warrior of Skellige almost always is 8 points for 4 provisions, there's an immune unit that easily gets boosted into 30+ points; Gwent should be renamed to "Play Skellige and automatically win".
(main Nilfgaard here)
Nilfgaard nerfed into oblivion yet again, why do CDPR hate Nilfgaard...? Why does every other faction have strong archetypes and an identity, while Nilfgaard has too many weak archetypes? Aristocrats/poison, status, spying (imagine Conspiracy actually being a viable keyword!), soldiers, assimilate, cultists, none of that actually works except in extremely meme decks that rely on the opponent not having a specific tech card, which is annoying to both players. Why would anyone try hard to play NG when it's a thousand times easier to just play Skellige and get 8 points for 4p cards...?

That new 2-point Warrior of Skellige almost always is 8 points for 4 provisions, there's an immune unit that easily gets boosted into 30+ points; Gwent should be renamed to "Play Skellige and automatically win".
(main Nilfgaard here)
Nilfgaard nerfed into oblivion yet again, why do CDPR hate Nilfgaard...? Why does every other faction have strong archetypes and an identity, while Nilfgaard has too many weak archetypes? Aristocrats/poison, status, spying (imagine Conspiracy actually being a viable keyword!), soldiers, assimilate, cultists, none of that actually works except in extremely meme decks that rely on the opponent not having a specific tech card, which is annoying to both players. Why would anyone try hard to play NG when it's a thousand times easier to just play Skellige and get 8 points for 4p cards...?
Absolutely agree on the point of Sove being a dumb card, and for me the most annoying card of the expansion. Saska: Commander has been my most hated card since release, so go figure what I think about OP cards that hide behind immunity. However as someone with more games played with NG than I care to admit I strongly disagree with it being a weak faction, even during its weakest times NG finds a way to survive because they just have so many ways to manipulate the opponent's cards.

Because of my burning hatred for Sove I now play Vilgefortz: Renegade in my NG deck, so guess what, have fun with your useless Sigdrifa in R3, I'll be the one replaying your little immunity card after your robotic R2 bleed. Oh, but still there's your Fucusya? I think you mean "our" Fucusya.

You complain about the 2 Point Skellige warrior? Are you serious? Look at Spotter or Nazicaa Sergeant of NG … no more comments on that.
Why are you [...] complain so much… 90% of my Matches are against the new NG cards. Can‘t be that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
LoL This is normal?
IMG_20221012_115318.jpg

Yep, why u was playing that ?
It the weakest monster ability and archetypes
Post automatically merged:

(main Nilfgaard here)
Lol, i think we are not playing the same game
The two last update was focused on Bossting NG
NG has no trash cards or very few
While in other factions there's cards that are tottaly useless and sometimes New one like boholt for NR for 12 p
For 12 p NG have ardal dahy
Skellen and Damien for 11p
Poison is a weak archetypes ?
Seriously ? Philippe can be played to do a kill each round
Cultists are so much overpowered
Cards like naussicaa sergent and Spotter do to much points move with a too easy condition etc
NG wouldn't be the faction everyone play if it wasn't overpowered
Maybe u are still a low rank guy and dont know the game well

Last edited:
It's normal NR spam cheese, but playing super greed while packing Yrden at the same time is my personal pet peeve. Stay classy, bozos.

Its interesting that Sove could have been problematic in other metas, for being too strong and uninteractive, but it just so happens that (there are more OP new cards and) this card drop also brought support for archetypes that actually end up hitting Sove anyway:

Imo this is terrible for the overall health of the game. Again, meta is narrowed to few, again new, archetypes - unless you include igni wchich needs some movement mechanics and is usually uncomfy to play if you don't draw into it.

Sove is absurdly strong in short rounds, because almost nothing answers it and there's barely any setup required.

Perhaps Sove needs Doomed?
or gains Immunity after he uses his order without Zeal?

I think, this card is simply another nonsense that will take unnecessarily long time to get nerfed. Like seriously - I'm talking about ~50 uninteractive points for 19P(counting 8P from Sidgrifa) that also thins your deck lmao.

Imo this is terrible for the overall health of the game. Again, meta is narrowed to few, again new, archetypes - unless you include igni wchich needs some movement mechanics and is usually uncomfy to play if you don't draw into it.

Sove is absurdly strong in short rounds, because almost nothing answers it and there's barely any setup required.

Perhaps Sove needs Doomed?
or gains Immunity after he uses his order without Zeal?

I think, this card is simply another nonsense that will take unnecessarily long time to get nerfed. Like seriously - I'm talking about ~50 uninteractive points for 19P(counting 8P from Sidgrifa) that also thins your deck lmao.
Come on complaining about sove again,
The reason why sove is immune, is called NG
Why i would play such a super boosted unit, if the NG can just yenvo it, vilgeforz .... or worse play ivar, some play vilgeforz yenvo and heat in the same deck
This card is the win condition of that deck, what should be added it doom status and maybe reduce his strength a little but, it can be countred
With Scorch, yrden, igni, Curse of Corruption, Glorious Hunt, Black Blood etc
And that's cool bc too many players were playing controle like heat, i've faced guys playing heat instead of a key card in their deck, bc some when they create a deck it the first card they put in, and now there's more and more igni, yrden etc

It's not necessarily a complaint, but a list of issues this card has. You also seem to agree with him having doomed. Playing it again for 8P blows my mind.

It is a win con, but is it? It's nothing like Travelling Priestiess where you have to build your deck around it. Squirrel doesn't work, it's too slow and you will get pushed in second round if you play it, cause enemy knows how behind this puts you while he has nothing to loose. It's not like Sove costs 25P and is a definiteve win condition - in fact it leaves plenty of room for other cards to do their thing freely while you struggle to find answer to another 27 immune points. Only speaking from experience.

Yrden is a bad trade against Sove and a useless and expensive card against ALL other SK units. If you don't draw Igni, you need 35 points on Sove's row to play it from your deck, which every SK player avoids. How many counters should I add to my deck to make sure I get Sove twice? How are those going to be effective against other decks. Now, every decks aside from playing Sove, want's a response to it and need to sacrifice their strategy provisions and need to draw into it/playing loosing points on their own plan. And if you don't draw into it, you most likely loose which feels very bad.

Of course, I did adjust my decks to play against Sove, so of course I matched against everything that was not Sove related. It's like when I decided to try Aerondight and I started on Red 22 out of 25 games. It's a matter of luck - we're not playing in tournament mode where we could know/expect enemy's decks and coins. How are you planning to win against popular ST some some NG decks if your deck is built in half from responses to card they won't even play?

Sove is not a win-con. It would be if entire deck was built around it. At current stage it's a immune point slam that thins your deck to help you push 2:0 or get your enemy down 3 cards for a final. Even recently nerfed Simlas can't get such value, while it costs more and cannot be played twice.

Maybe Sidgrifa should not allow to rez higher than 10P unit, or Sove should be Doomed? But again, 27 for 11 is still too much.

I bought the gift bag, but there are some items in the gift bag that I already have, but I spent the full amount of the gift bag and got a lot less items than the others, which I think is unfair. was deleted

Next patch Uprising should lose the 'once per game' or make it devotion, so Radovid can shine here, i mean with Renfri and all..

Top Bottom