Patch Notes 10.11

+
Talking about the Resource Exchange.

Normally players would get 30MP for 1 RP in reward book but MP node is rare. The new Resource Exchange allows any veteran players who have 1000+ RP can convert those RP to MP.

I want to do some math here. -- 4RP = 1 Ultimate Keg which 1 keg is equivalent to 30MP in general due to veteran players should have all bronze premium cards already.

Next, what if I open 20 kegs (spending 80RP)? The ratio for Epic is 1 for every 5 kegs and Legendary is 1 for every 20 kegs:

- 1 keg I got legendary instead of rare -- 210mp.
- next 3 kegs of 20 are Epic keg -- epics is 50 mp and 1 common (10mp) total 60 x 3 = 180mp (if get 4 epics also additional 60MP here)
- then the rest 16 kegs are just rare kegs = 16 x 30 = 480mp

MP in total = 210 + 180 + 480 = 870mp while directly exchange is 1rp for 10mp, 80RP = 800mp.

Moreover, players also have chance to get the premium card he wants. I think spend RP for kegs is better than MP almost 5-10% here.

(Feel free to let me know if my calculation is incorrect)

A 1 in 80 chance doesn't mean that opening 80 kegs guarantees 1 legendary. That's not how probability works.

Some nerfs were called for. Good job, except Milva nerf - she was not a big issue, I think.

:eek: I was surprised to see Yrden rework. I think CDPR shot themselves in the foot with it. Risky move... Yrden was a useful card to deal with the decks that went out of control with new cards CDPR introduced or combos that they didn't test enough.
In my opinion, Yrden was the most influential card in Gwent. Let's see how it goes without it. At 11 provisions and current effect nobody will use it.

I totally welcome the resource exchange (y) . I personally receive more powder from smashing kegs than with a direct 1 to 10 transaction, and there is also a change I might get a premium card I don't have. By the way, there is a contract for opening kegs, even though the target of 10.000 kegs there is not reachable anyway LOL.
I hope that CDPR introduces the resource exchange for scraps too.

P.S. For some reason all my matches yesterday were against NG (n). I hate what this faction has become, so I stopped playing after a few games even though I was mostly winning. I hope NG will not dominate the game after the last patch.

Last edited:
P.S. For some reason all my matches yesterday were against NG (n). I hate what this faction has become, so I stopped playing after a few games even though I was mostly winning. I hope NG will not dominate the game after the last patch.
Haha, "for some reason" like that's a new thing. :D The same garbage imprisonment renfri deck that's been t1 for the last few seasons continues without missing a beat. The spotter and leader nerfs did nothing. Gonna need to nerf Milva some more to fix it.

Hey everyone,

In Update 10.11 we have returning Journeys, a new Resource Exchange, balance changes and more!

Join Burza and Jean for an overview of the upcoming changes:

New Features

Returning Journeys
- Aretuza, Regis, and Dandelion make a comeback! Choose which Journey you want to progress, or simply continue where you left off!

• Contracts - Unlock even more rewards by playing matches with your favorite vanities.

• New trinkets - You will now be able to unlock additional rewards, including avatars, cardbacks, music vanities, an Aretuza board, and auras for Regis and Dandelion.

Resource Exchange - Trade Reward Points for Meteorite Powder, Ore, Scraps, or Ultimate Kegs in this new feature available in the Reward Book.

Changes

Neutral

Geralt: Igni
- Default power limit changed from 35 to 40.

Initiative power limit changed from 20 to 25.

Geralt: Yrden - Ability changed to:

Deploy (Melee): Reset the power of all units on a row.

Adrenaline 2: Reset the power of all units on an allied row instead.

Monsters

Tir ná Lia
- Order ability split into:

Order: Spawn and play Red Riders.

Devotion: Also Spawn Frost on your opponent's Melee (0) and Ranged (0) rows equal to the amounts lost during the last round transition.

Skellige

Patricidal Fury
- Ability changed to:

Order: Spawn a Deafening Siren on an enemy row and damage it by 1.

Charges: 3

Once all Charges are used up, Spawn and Play Arnjolf the Patricide.

Reckless Flurry - Damage changed from 3 to 4.

Number of Charges changed from 3 to 2.

Arnjolf the Patricide - Power changed from 12 to 13.

Deploy ability changed to:

Deploy: Spawn a Deafening Siren on the opposite row and damage it by 1.

Sove - Power changed from 11 to 12.

Ability changed to:

Deploy (Melee): Summon a Beast from your deck to the opposite row and Infuse it with "Deathwish: Boost the enemy Sove twice by own base power", then damage it by 1 for each damage enemy unit and gain Immunity.

Northern Realms

Kennet and Gar
- Provision cost changed from 9 to 7.

Reaver Hunters - Provision cost changed from 5 to 6.

Reaver Scout - Provision cost changed from 4 to 5.

Scoia'tael

Guerilla Tactics
- Damage changed from 2 to 1.

Boost changed from 2 to 3.

Frog Mating Season - Provision cost changed from 9 to 8.

Milva: Sharpshooter - Power changed from 2 to 3.

Shaping Nature - Each boost and Vitality increased by 1.

Dryad Enchantress - Now has Symbiosis.

Power changed from 4 to 3.

Vitality changed from 3 to 4.

Armor boost changed from 3 to 4.

Naiad Pondkeeper - Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Nilfgaard

Imprisonment
- Provision bonus changed from 15 to 14.

Milton de Peyrac-Peyran - Boosts changed from 4 to 3.

Traheaern var Vdyffir - Power changed from 3 to 5.

Provision cost changed from 6 to 8.

Alba Pikeman - Power changed from 3 to 4.

Spotter - Provision cost changed from 5 to 6.

Order ability changed to:

Order: Lose all Armor and look at the top units in your deck up to that amount, then choose one and gain Vitality equal to its power. If it's a bronze Soldier, boost self by its power instead.

Syndicate

Sigi Reuven: Mastermind
- Provision cost changed from 12 to 13.

Deploy ability changed to:

Deploy: Look at Collusion and a random unit from each Gang from your deck, then play 1.

Game Fixes

Mulligan cards (e.g. Cursed Scroll, Morvran Voorhis, Snowdrop) can no longer be abused to gain card advantage.

Bjorn Stormursson no longer ignores Immune units in hand.

Boholt is no longer boosted by Soldiers Spawned on your side of the board by the opponent.

Draig Bon-Dhu no longer ignores Immune Warriors.

Mutagenerator no longer triggers when playing Disloyal units.

Spotter no longer ignores Immune units in deck.
I'll probably never understand why your formatting of the patch notes doesn't look like this:
00B30BD4-1AC4-4CE3-AACC-CA925001E8E0.jpeg

I have updated, played some games yesterday.

Today i try to play and The game says there is no support for this version" (or something like that).

I went to play store, tried to update again, the game becomes to an infinite download, always downloading "additional files".

Is anyone with this same problem?

Android here

Hello "new" player here (Played while beta and did take a very long break. Now playing since 1 month).

I like GWENT a lot, but why are some cards MUCH stronger than others?
I've been dealing with the same decks all the time (played 5 games in a row against NG).
There is so little variety in this game because my opponents always use the same cards.
And because the cards are so powerful, I am forced to use the same cards.
This is very boring in the long term :(

And btw: I hate reavers. They are so strong. You can only win with certain decks against them :(

Hope you guys will balance all the cards in the future instead of releasing new overpowered cards with every patch.
The game is realy cool and it is still fun, but I hope that remains in the long run so :)

Hello "new" player here (Played while beta and did take a very long break. Now playing since 1 month).

I like GWENT a lot, but why are some cards MUCH stronger than others?
I've been dealing with the same decks all the time (played 5 games in a row against NG).
There is so little variety in this game because my opponents always use the same cards.
And because the cards are so powerful, I am forced to use the same cards.
This is very boring in the long term :(

And btw: I hate reavers. They are so strong. You can only win with certain decks against them :(

Hope you guys will balance all the cards in the future instead of releasing new overpowered cards with every patch.
The game is realy cool and it is still fun, but I hope that remains in the long run so :)
Meta will be basically the same for all month and nothing is suggesting me they are going to balance stuff.
If it's acceptable a 40+ points swing in a single play, probably ( and very sadly, i'd say ) the game is doomed.

I don't know how many people are responsible for the balance/design department, but after golden nekker/aerondight release everything went completely out of control.

Just misread the new ''Resource Exchange'' system and lost all of my keys for even more worthless meteorite powder....NOT a good start to a day.

Hi, well unfortunately I have got to say the latest patch with its card alterations, has made the game super booring. Exactly the same decks all the time appearing and little chance to be both creative and at the same time succesful (i.e. create a varianced winning deck which has some surprises in it for your opponents and yourself to have fun playing). You have to use exactly the same optimum card combionations, so little to no choice to have nuanced deck versions.

This time Skellige Warriors and Nilfgaard (again) dominates and Nilfgaard Cultist is simply crazy points unless you have max control deck to stop it. Plus booring keltulis and kolgrim decks. These two cards should just be removed in my opinion, what is the point of them other than novelty value which very quickly disappears? A waste of time and incredibly dull. I liked 10.10, I thought that worked very well, some reasonable opportunity for variety even if Yarden and Igni appeared in lots of decks. Those decks could still be quite different and require some thought, skill and strategy to play and the plays could be still different each time if affected by your card draw, using some of your own thought on strategy, to still allow it to win or be close. Now it's just seriously booring, the same few cards, played in exactly the same order incessantly. Sorry not a good patch at all 10.11.

The changes to Yarden and Igni have exposed how unbalanced and out of sink the remaining cards and group factions are. You have to have very aggresive control decks to all the high point slams. And in the case of Skellige warriors, effectively it is a worse and much less fun version of the original version of sahil. Simply play your warriors without any need for strategy, thoughtless, boost up all your raid card damage ability, then wipe the board in round 3. Very, very monotunous and extremely booring not to mention 'your wasting my time!' playing against this witless scenario. Sorry I don't like to criticise but this has not been a good patch change at all and I'm not sure there can be an easy fix in the next patch without creating similar cards to Yarden and Igni once again, to place some control over all the extremes and imbalance found in the wider set of all the decks and cards.

Rather than create new cards in the next patch, why not try to find ways to make all the 100s of exisiting cards work better, so many more can be chosen to be part of (included in) an effective deck? Of course that will take maybe quite a lot of careful thought and effort but if done and succesful, would give more chances for more decks that can win in a wider variety of ways and deck combinations. That way we will see more interesting decks and scenarios and matchplay and it would make the game more fun again. I'm not sure a whole new set of cards are needed again (right now) in the next patch, other than for funding purposes and generating further income? Perhaps instead a complete overhaul of all the existing cards to bring them all closer together in playing performance overall, whilst keeping or building on, a variety of originality in their deploy or on board (once played) characterisitics? Not easy to do with so many cards, but worth it to improve the game enjoyment and lifespan of playing interest for Gwent?

Last edited:
Rather than create new cards in the next patch, why not try to find ways to make all the 100s of exisiting cards work better, so many more can be chosen to be part of (included in) an effective deck? Of course that will take maybe quite a lot of careful thought and effort but if done and succesful, would give more chances for more decks that can win in a wider variety of ways and deck combinations. That way we will see more interesting decks and scenarios and matchplay and it would make the game more fun again. I'm not sure a whole new set of cards are needed again (right now) in the next patch, other than for funding purposes and generating further income? Perhaps instead a complete overhaul of all the existing cards to bring them all closer together in playing performance overall, whilst keeping or building on, a variety of originality in their deploy or on board (once played) characterisitics? Not easy to do with so many cards, but worth it to improve the game enjoyment and lifespan of playing interest for Gwent?
They have been doing exactly this for a long time now. However, as they have stated, it is not as simple as you make it sound, and it is not a good idea to try to change a huge number of cards at the same time.

There is more to it than just looking at a card and deciding how to change it to better work in the current state of the game, because every change made affects way more than just the one card, and even tiny changes (e.g. changing a provision cost by 1) can have a huge effect.

I don't recall exact quotes, but I'm sure it would be easy enough to find something the devs have commented on this.

Thanks, Yes, I can undestand it won't be simple because there are so many cards with so many different dynamics and factions (abilities). That is why changes to Yarden and Igni should be done with a lot of care as it has such a big effect on the whole card base and game. I also recognise that the card changes each patch are seeking to rebalance the game with the attention to a small set of cards, with changes as decided after each patch cycle. It is very diificult to keep a balanced game, whilst always seeking to keep the game fresh, also by adding new cards and dynamics. There are so many cards now, perhaps the game has got past it's optimum possible performance as it presently is? So like I say, adding even more new cards, and card mechanics, I'm not sure that is the solution right now? Better to have a good look at what is there and optomise it better, whilst creating the opportunity to win in many different ways, with different cards possible in the same deck/faction mechanics, so there is more uncertainty of what card will be played next by the opponent. Whatever happens after time, the game will eventually become potentially more repetitive, which is contrary to a continual income stream through new content drops. Perhaps this patch can allow the opportunity to really perform a complete review of the entire card base and faction abilities, to create a Gwent 2.0? Regarding Keltulis and Kolgrim, I hope they are changed. E.g. Keltulis to 5-6 card maximum on board, kolgrim I can't think of a solution right now?

I recognise the developers have created the alternative playing options, to give fresh playing style, which is fun and the other elements they have added to keep the game interesting. I really liked the speed play, plus the order in all things, itforces you to think differently. I can see they are trying, and as said for the card base itself, it must be a challenge to keep the game and cards working well, particularly with so many. But right now the base game needs to be carefully looked at is my sense from playing 10.11.

Maybe another idea, is that you can only use certain key cards for a maximum of 20 games, then you have to use something else from the same faction to make a deck. This would prevent excessive repetition and get players using and thinking more about all the other cards there are. Even so a lot of people might be unhappy about such a scenarion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom