Patch Notes 10.11

+

Hey everyone,

In Update 10.11 we have returning Journeys, a new Resource Exchange, balance changes and more!

Join Burza and Jean for an overview of the upcoming changes:

New Features

Returning Journeys - Aretuza, Regis, and Dandelion make a comeback! Choose which Journey you want to progress, or simply continue where you left off!

• Contracts - Unlock even more rewards by playing matches with your favorite vanities.

• New trinkets - You will now be able to unlock additional rewards, including avatars, cardbacks, music vanities, an Aretuza board, and auras for Regis and Dandelion.

Resource Exchange - Trade Reward Points for Meteorite Powder, Ore, Scraps, or Ultimate Kegs in this new feature available in the Reward Book.

Changes

Neutral

Geralt: Igni - Default power limit changed from 35 to 40.

Initiative power limit changed from 20 to 25.

Geralt: Yrden - Ability changed to:

Deploy (Melee): Reset the power of all units on a row.

Adrenaline 2: Reset the power of all units on an allied row instead.

Monsters

Tir ná Lia - Order ability split into:

Order: Spawn and play Red Riders.

Devotion: Also Spawn Frost on your opponent's Melee (0) and Ranged (0) rows equal to the amounts lost during the last round transition.

Skellige

Patricidal Fury - Ability changed to:

Order: Spawn a Deafening Siren on an enemy row and damage it by 1.

Charges: 3

Once all Charges are used up, Spawn and Play Arnjolf the Patricide.

Reckless Flurry - Damage changed from 3 to 4.

Number of Charges changed from 3 to 2.

Arnjolf the Patricide - Power changed from 12 to 13.

Deploy ability changed to:

Deploy: Spawn a Deafening Siren on the opposite row and damage it by 1.

Sove - Power changed from 11 to 12.

Ability changed to:

Deploy (Melee): Summon a Beast from your deck to the opposite row and Infuse it with "Deathwish: Boost the enemy Sove twice by own base power", then damage it by 1 for each damage enemy unit and gain Immunity.

Northern Realms

Kennet and Gar - Provision cost changed from 9 to 7.

Reaver Hunters - Provision cost changed from 5 to 6.

Reaver Scout - Provision cost changed from 4 to 5.

Scoia'tael

Guerilla Tactics - Damage changed from 2 to 1.

Boost changed from 2 to 3.

Frog Mating Season - Provision cost changed from 9 to 8.

Milva: Sharpshooter - Power changed from 2 to 3.

Shaping Nature - Each boost and Vitality increased by 1.

Dryad Enchantress - Now has Symbiosis.

Power changed from 4 to 3.

Vitality changed from 3 to 4.

Armor boost changed from 3 to 4.

Naiad Pondkeeper - Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Nilfgaard

Imprisonment - Provision bonus changed from 15 to 14.

Milton de Peyrac-Peyran - Boosts changed from 4 to 3.

Traheaern var Vdyffir - Power changed from 3 to 5.

Provision cost changed from 6 to 8.

Alba Pikeman - Power changed from 3 to 4.

Spotter - Provision cost changed from 5 to 6.

Order ability changed to:

Order: Lose all Armor and look at the top units in your deck up to that amount, then choose one and gain Vitality equal to its power. If it's a bronze Soldier, boost self by its power instead.

Syndicate

Sigi Reuven: Mastermind - Provision cost changed from 12 to 13.

Deploy ability changed to:

Deploy: Look at Collusion and a random unit from each Gang from your deck, then play 1.

Game Fixes

Mulligan cards (e.g. Cursed Scroll, Morvran Voorhis, Snowdrop) can no longer be abused to gain card advantage.

Bjorn Stormursson no longer ignores Immune units in hand.

Boholt is no longer boosted by Soldiers Spawned on your side of the board by the opponent.

Draig Bon-Dhu no longer ignores Immune Warriors.

Mutagenerator no longer triggers when playing Disloyal units.

Spotter no longer ignores Immune units in deck.

Last edited:
I think I like these changes a lot overall, what do you guys think.

Igni and Yrden nerfs - pretty deserved, the igni one realistically doesn't change much but it's yrden that's the elephant in the room anyways.

Tir Na Lia - sure a small buff though realistically I think if Tir na Lia is in your deck you will want to be devo anyways, I was just hoping for other small MO buffs

Skellige changes - I don't get the reckless flurry nerf, I always hated it when they nerf leaders by reducing the flexibility. This is also a somewhat big nerf to Junod.
Sove nerf completely killed the card in my opinion, but I wasn't a big fan of it in the first place, neither playing with or against him so probably a good change but it would have been nice to instead see a change that keeps him playable.
Patricidal flurry buff is so awesome, probably my favorite change this patch.

NR reaver nerfs - I kinda don't like making reaver scout 5p, but the deck is probably not the kind of thing you want to push, it always feels like the deck rolls it's opponent too hard or gets rolled itself too hard, so probably healthy changes overall. Kenneth and gar buff is deserved but whatever, I don't think the worst reaver card if you can even call it that is seing play especially after their man cards got hit. He is really good in the mirror but no one teched him now and I don't think it's happening in 10.11 either. Though if in the future if some other deck that runs some potential future 2 power order high impact bronze, maybe with a shield or a lot of armor comes out, kenneth and gar will shine.

ST - I get the movement changes, they want movement to be an engine based deck not a control based one. But I don't think it was strong enough to warrant a nerf honestly but we have another set of cards coming out in a month, this could very well be future proofing for some of the new cards. All the symbiosis buffs are awesome, the deck was not very strong and these changes are all good. Dryad enchantress buff especially makes the card pretty insane.

NG - The big one, all deserved nerfs
Imprisonment 1p less - a good nerf to a balanced and extremely boring leader ability
Milton change makes him somewhat less worth it to splash into random decks but is not a nerf to the dedicated enemy boost deck which is fine (btw said deck is looking more and more spooky now with the yrden nerf)
Alba pikeman buff - whatever
Traehern change - whatever
Spotter nerf - thank god, we can all agree the card was too good, realistically I think it's still a pretty good card

SY - Sigi nerf, deserved, card was too good. Also removes his unintended synergy with drill

That resource exchange is certainly something that some have wanted for a very long time. Good to see it's been added, even though I personally have no use for it.

Reasonable symbiosis changes. Pondkeeper to 4 was a no-brainer and Shaping Nature buff is about 2 years late. Better late than never, I guess. On the other hand, I'm getting kind of sick of these GT nerfs. If you want to make Milva unplayable, just remove her from the game, instead of wrecking the whole archetype with this garbage patch after patch.

Good job on the igni and yrden changes, though. Long overdue.

While I very much like the changes, I want to comment on something that I believe is often not considered -- that is the indirect impact certain changes create. For example, the nerf to Yrden is profound. With its loss of usefulness as a final say card, it will be carried only in very rare, niche circumstances, if it is used at all. But this means it will probably be replaced with a more flexible control option (likely Spores, igni, or Heatwave). The absence of Igni will be a huge buff to archetypes that rely upon multiple tall units (Consume, NR Knights, NG enemy boost), and a slight nerf to decks that are vulnerable to Heatwave (like graveyard tactics). The nerf to Sove, giving more control options reduces the need for targetless control -- which reduces value of Curse of Corruption, Scorch, Igni, etc. And these have indirect effects as well.

Mostly good changes here, especially appreciate the Spotter and Sove nerfs, Yrden and Igni welcome too. However, did we really need another Milva nerf? She's gone from having 5 reach, to 4, and now.. 3? Is she supposed to be a joke card? It just seems the entire faction has been getting nerf after nerf for several seasons now because of this Saskia+Scenario deck, did no one stop to think that it's actually those cards that are the problematic ones?

A huge shame really since Milva is or at least was one of the most fun cards in the game, struggling to see how I will make her work after the patch.

Talking about the Resource Exchange.

Normally players would get 30MP for 1 RP in reward book but MP node is rare. The new Resource Exchange allows any veteran players who have 1000+ RP can convert those RP to MP.

I want to do some math here. -- 4RP = 1 Ultimate Keg which 1 keg is equivalent to 30MP in general due to veteran players should have all bronze premium cards already.

Next, what if I open 20 kegs (spending 80RP)? The ratio for Epic is 1 for every 5 kegs and Legendary is 1 for every 20 kegs:

- 1 keg I got legendary instead of rare -- 210mp.
- next 3 kegs of 20 are Epic keg -- epics is 50 mp and 1 common (10mp) total 60 x 3 = 180mp (if get 4 epics also additional 60MP here)
- then the rest 16 kegs are just rare kegs = 16 x 30 = 480mp

MP in total = 210 + 180 + 480 = 870mp while directly exchange is 1rp for 10mp, 80RP = 800mp.

Moreover, players also have chance to get the premium card he wants. I think spend RP for kegs is better than MP almost 5-10% here.

(Feel free to let me know if my calculation is incorrect)

Normally players would get 30MP for 1 RP in reward book but MP node is rare.
I'm expecting the amount of MP we get in exchange for 1 RP to be a whole lot less than what we'd get by spending the Reward Point.
I'm guessing somewhere in the region of 1 RP gets us 5 MP.

No changes to monsters, Renfri still on top of all the meta... and plenty of cards are disfigured with clunky balance changes.
Sucks

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Reasonable symbiosis changes. Pondkeeper to 4 was a no-brainer and Shaping Nature buff is about 2 years late. Better late than never, I guess. On the other hand, I'm getting kind of sick of these GT nerfs. If you want to make Milva unplayable, just remove her from the game, instead of wrecking the whole archetype with this garbage patch after patch.

Good job on the igni and yrden changes, though. Long overdue.

Mostly good changes here, especially appreciate the Spotter and Sove nerfs, Yrden and Igni welcome too. However, did we really need another Milva nerf? She's gone from having 5 reach, to 4, and now.. 3? Is she supposed to be a joke card? It just seems the entire faction has been getting nerf after nerf for several seasons now because of this Saskia+Scenario deck, did no one stop to think that it's actually those cards that are the problematic ones?

A huge shame really since Milva is or at least was one of the most fun cards in the game, struggling to see how I will make her work after the patch.
Exactly! I have never seen this much hate on a card from a developer in all my Gwent experience. They just want to beat that card to death and when people still manage to make it work, they just keep beating it to death. If they hate this card this much, why not just rework the bloody card and leave GT alone? How can she ever be played with such a pathetic reach? At least we can try Symbiosis.

Lol useless nerfs, sove and yrden deserved to be nerfed, but syndicate as strongest faction also needs a nerf

Reminder to every (reasonable) player throwing a party after the control tools nerfs, that these are a symptom and not the cause of the state of the game. This is why doctors warn not to stop the medicine a day after you feel better, the little buggers got suppressed but are still there and now they get a chance to thrive once again :)

It is unlikely to bring more strategical game-play, interesting match-ups, or deck variety until the whole landscape gets addressed and re-calibrated at the same time.

Ivar and friends will still win a round with 40+ point swing, NR knights with big sword will drop 40+ points in a few cards without counter-play... Reavers will just replace a gold card with whatever fits, as the deck "strategy" remains unchanged, NG Triss is now safe even without last say, and 600 points cultist will surely stop by to say "hi" more often...

And since none of the accumulating issues over the past 6 months seem to have changed.... let us welcome back all the cheese piles and answer or might-as-well-forfeit cards that were held in check last month.

Hope i'm wrong, so we don't have to play another month of the "queue up against a favorable match up and draw better than your opponent or auto-lose" card game :)

Reminder to every (reasonable) player throwing a party after the control tools nerfs, that these are a symptom and not the cause of the state of the game.
While you are not wrong, if we are talking in the case of the tall punishes/Geralts it was needed. Yrden has grown to be annoying big part due to NG because it's not like you can play around your opponent doing the boosting for you, but then there's the fact it can play as "I have this card so you lose" which just isn't healthy for the game.

But more than anything igni has been a great plague, because it is not fun in any way to constantly make subobtimal plays because your opponent "might" have an igni in hand, will certainly not think back fondly on having that card in the meta. Then there's also the fact that nerfing these is the same as nerfing the Renfri decks, because they can't just replace it with a heatwave etc.

I am worried though that we will enter into one of the greediest metas in a long time, will definitely be looking for ways to counter it.

Will there be any game modes / seasonal games? Joined Gwent just last month and had loads of fun with the ever changing game-modes like double down, or the bomb one with the 8 sec time.

Top Bottom