Patch Notes 10.12

+
Hey everyone,

We have lots to cover in the Update 10.12 Patch Notes including new cards, a Winter Event and balance changes!

As usual, we also have a brand new developer update for you to enjoy:

Sacred and Profane - Pray and worship, or live in fear; the advent of the gods is near!

The Sacred and Profane card drop introduces two new legendary cards for each playable faction.

A Greedy God- Welcome the winter by making a series of offerings... and hope for blessings in return! Help six unlikely pilgrims satisfy the greedy Allgod's endless appetite, by completing quests for him on the new event page, to unlock new vanity rewards, including titles, cardbacks, and a coin.

The event starts on December 8th and ends on December 27th.

Changes

Neutral

Allgod - Power changed from 4 to 5.

Provision cost changed from 9 to 10.

Has a new part of ability:

Increase the number of targets by 1 for each Offering in your starting deck.

Offering - Provision cost changed from 6 to 5.

Ability changed to:

Destroy a unit with 4 power or less, then boost an allied unit in your deck by 2.

Renfri: Blessing of Kindness - Ability changed to:

The first time you play a unit on your side of the battlefield each turn:

-If it is odd-power, boost it by 1 for each adjacent even-power unit.

-If it is even-power, boost it by 1 for each adjacent odd-power unit.

Renfri: Curse of Sloth - Ability changed to:

Order: Play a bronze unit from your hand, then look at the top 3 units from your deck and draw 1.

Doppler - Power changed from 1 to 2.

Ability changed to:

Deploy (Melee): Choose a unit in your hand, then boost self by the number of units in your hand with the same primary category.

Deploy (Ranged): Boost self by 1 for each unique primary category among units in your hand.

Monsters

Ruehin - Power changed from 4 to 3.

Ability changed to:

Deathwish: Summon self from your graveyard to your Melee row and Consume your lowest-power unit, excluding self.

Skellige

Draig Bon-Dhu - Power changed from 4 to 5.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Move a bronze Warrior from your deck to your graveyard.

Zeal. Order: Trigger the Veteran ability of an allied unit in your graveyard.

Cooldown: 1

Svanrige Tuirseach- Power changed from 6 to 3.

Provision cost changed from 7 to 8.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Boost self by the base power of the last Skellige unit that went to your graveyard this round.

Northern Realms

Griffin Witcher Mentor - Ability changed to:

Deploy: Draw your top unit and boost it by 1, then shuffle a card from your hand back to your deck.

Adrenaline 4: Draw your 2 top units and boost them by 1, then shuffle 2 cards from your hand back to your deck instead.

Scoia'tael

No changes.

Nilfgaard

Imposter - Has a new part of ability:

Whenever you play an Aristocrat on your side of the battlefield, if there are at least 4 different statuses on your opponent's side of the battlefield, boost it by 1.

Guillaume de Launfal - Power changed from 6 to 2.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Boost self by the number of allied Knights on this row, then boost self and an enemy unit by half of their combined power.

Order, Grace 14: Move all statuses from an enemy unit to self.

Ivar Evil-Eye - Power changed from 4 to 5.

Milton de Peyrac-Peyran - Provision cost changed from 6 to 7.

Palmerin de Launfal - Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.

Tibor Eggebracht - Provision cost changed from 13 to 12.

Spotter - Power changed from 4 to 3.

Syndicate

Tunnel Drill - Ability changed to:

Profit 2.

Fee 2: Damage an enemy unit by 3.

Cooldown: 1

Whenever you play a Crime, reduce the Cooldown by 1.

Game Fixes

Arachas Queen now respects the trigger order when played with both Syanna and Weavess: Incantation.

Menagerie Keeper now recognises War Council as a Tactic in hand.

This patch really is a joke. The only hope I have left is that the devs are working on a huge rebalance and these are minor tweaks they are able to squeeze in in the meantime.

This patch really is a joke. The only hope I have left is that the devs are working on a huge rebalance and these are minor tweaks they are able to squeeze in in the meantime.
Have u watched roadmap? Gwent is no more supported after 2023. Three updates in 2023 and its over.

Is nothing really going to be done about the SK warlords for yet another season? People thought pre-nerf Sihil was toxic but at least against that you had ways to play around it. You cannot stop them from spamming the warlords over and over and then just brainlessly kill everything you play. Extremely frustrating to play against and on top of all that most of their points are protected behind immunity..

NG and SY changes much appreciated but I expect the new cards will go "BOOM" and then the balancing team will be left to pick up the pieces like what has become somewhat of a tradition by now with the game being nearly unplayable for the first month because of some insanely OP new cards(s).

Is nothing really going to be done about the SK warlords for yet another season? most of their points are protected behind immunity..
Interesting. You mean SK Warriors? You must've faced it about a hundred times given your frustration, yet can't remember the category. There's also no cards with immunity apart from the Sove, which is one body. Why don't you play one of the many 1000-IQ pointspam decks? No way SK can get rid of all those points. But nvm. The fact you stay silent on ridiculous "nerfs" like "Ivar Evil-Eye - Power changed from 4 to 5." kind of says it all.

Seriously, I hope they revert their desire to "hand over the game and its balancing to the community". The game will be dead in months...

Love the Allgod rework and that nod to the beta with the Draig Bon-Dhu rework.

Dubious about the nerf to Tunnel Drill. Kinda kills the whole "drill" vibe I had with the card. I play on a low level so was never bothered by the card. It's rare to face SY, and even rarer to encounter someone who knows what they're doing. But probably a way more balanced card now.

But yeah... The Ivar nerf is ridiculous. I expected at least an "Adrenaline 4" nerf. That card just decides games on its own. It should be a silver bullet against tall decks, being near useless against decks that don't. Now it's even better against those decks. The 2p isn't going to make the difference.

That's the Spotter nerf? Lol Hilarious

Glad to see they finally addressed Tunnel Drill...A year or more later when it's not even the most broken card in the game. 😂I guess we can expect Renfri to be addressed in 2024 >.>

You mean SK Warriors? You must've faced it about a hundred times given your frustration, yet can't remember the category.
No, I mean precisely what I said. It is not the warriors themselves that are problematic, it is the warlords that are the main culprit in this deck and it wouldn't even be half as oppressive without them.
There's also no cards with immunity apart from the Sove
Oh okay, I guess that's fine then? Perhaps you also think Gord, Caranthir and similar cards should also be protected behind immunity then? I mean, afterall they're just "one card".
The fact you stay silent on ridiculous "nerfs" like "Ivar Evil-Eye - Power changed from 4 to 5." kind of says it all.
I said the NG changes are good so I was not silent on it. It is not the only nerf to NG but I do agree 1 power is going to change nothing with a "gotcha"-card like Ivar, which by the way was not particularly problematic until the new NG knight cards were introduced, which are also getting nerfed this patch.

That's enough for me to wait and see how things will settle before I form more of an opinion unlike in the case of SK which has gone completely unpunished.

I see no point arguing over nerfs to existing OP decks. In my estimation, every existing OP card has been effectively nerfed by such broken new cards that the only thing that matters is synergies with those cards (and means to draw them).

-If it is odd-power, boost it by 1 for each adjacent even-power unit.

-If it is even-power, boost it by 1 for each adjacent odd-power unit.
I can see a small improvement in your text formatting skills.

Edit: I stand corrected.
• Contracts - Unlock even more rewards by playing matches with your favorite vanities.

• New trinkets - You will now be able to unlock additional rewards, including avatars, cardbacks, music vanities, an Aretuza board, and auras for Regis and Dandelion.

Last edited:
No changes to ST. I guess it's fine that it's barely playable garbage.
No changes to absurd nonsense like reaver spam or Warlords.
An attempt was made to balance Renfri/NG lmao.

sorry but wtf is this patch...
this is a joke.

by the looks of it, it would seem like the game is nearly in perfect condition and requires little to no changes.

the games meta is so broken and greedy it's nearly unplayable for many factions and outright unfun.

no wonder you stop support for it soon. no wonder why the game is nowadays unprofitable for CDPR...
you destoyed all fun of it with your laughable "balancing" acts that leave a lot to be desired.

this gane requires a complete 100% overhall of it's entire system to be enjoyed again.

And stop releasing new broken cards every months. that doesn't make it better.

it really feels for a very long time now.. that CDPR is not taking their own game seriously...

And stop releasing new broken cards every months. that doesn't make it better.

it really feels for a very long time now.. that CDPR is not taking their own game seriously...
Do you follow the news? Like Roadmap 2023/24? Gwent is :giveup:

t is the warlords that are the main culprit in this deck and it wouldn't even be half as oppressive without them.
Apologies, seems like I don't know the cardnames (even though I main the deck :p). You refer to the new card that 'makes' the deck as the '"warrior" archetype isn't exactly what defines the deck. I used to play Veterans so I like this deck too. It's true that the new raid + leader makes for a little too much Warlords. Personally I think 2 + Harald is fine as it tops most raids to 5 dmg.

I'm sure many of you realise it's not easy to manage a meta. Initially I played without Sove as I didn't really like the design, but the presence of Ivar alone makes people auto-include him as otherwise you just lose. Then again, the strenght of this deck vs most combo decks (or "engine" decks in Gwent) makes people drift towards the - quite boring - pointslam decks, which really isn't healthy for the game.

Wow. They actually managed to release cards even more broken than reavers, Ivar, Sove and co. Those play for something like what? 50 points?
I’m really impressed...

I guess next carddrop will contain cards with resilience, deploy: win this round. Order: win this round.

Last edited:
Dear devs and game designers,

you're not gonna like it if you're reading this, but some of the new cards are completely broken as they disrespect aspects and rule sets of the core game design

Lets take Temple of Melitele, its the definition of a cheat card:
It ads free 30 extra provisions to a deck, without any cost or downside (I'm not counting the 12 provisions, every card has a price)
It can create multiple copies of the same legendary card
This alone ads insane amounts of point advantage (maybe an average of 30-50), and is forbidden by the basic rules of deck building

As a bonus cheat:
versing such a deck is just impossible to guess what could the opponent have added to their deck or already have in their initial deck
There is no notice nor chance of counter play besides pure RNG

As a live example, it just added 2 Meves and a Defender in a NR knights deck, elephants and shields before that.... :|

I'm not as experienced with the game as the community players you consult, but surely everyone agrees such powerful cards must come with a downside
Maybe remove 30-ish provisions from initial deck, and allow it to build with less units
Set a provision limit to the created card
Banish legendary cards from the deck as a tribute to activatte the ability
Create the legendary cards in both players decks
And clearly ban it from creating multiple copies of the same card
If not a complete rework of the ability

Anything to at least have a match up with a fair-ish number of provisions for both players

I'm sure everyone appreciates the time and effort you dedicate to add new content to the game, but a hot fix is clearly needed once again as it breaks the core game mechanics of strategy and resource management

Btw the text reads "create a legendary unit from your faction"... does it mean it can create up to 3x Triss Meteor if the leader faction is switched to Neutral with Renfri?! o_O

UMA22

Forum regular
Lets take Temple of Melitele, its the definition of a cheat card:
It ads free 30 extra provisions to a deck, without any cost or downside (I'm not counting the 12 provisions, every card has a price)
It can create multiple copies of the same legendary card
This alone ads insane amounts of point advantage (maybe an average of 30-50), and is forbidden by the basic rules of deck building

As a bonus cheat:
versing such a deck is just impossible to guess what could the opponent have added to their deck or already have in their initial deck
There is no notice nor chance of counter play besides pure RNG
It not really a cheated card
Fisrt bc ur not gonna have the chance to play all of them it gonna be hard
Second it will create random legendairy even if u use rune mage before to have 5 options NR legendary cards work only with specific things, u need to boost meve before, u need to control soldiers for elephant ....
very few work with everything
Btw the text reads "create a legendary unit from your faction"... does it mean it can create up to 3x Triss Meteor if the leader faction is switched to Neutral with Renfri?! o_O
Intresting gonna try it

Top Bottom