Patch Notes 10.2

+
Well, I was sure Simlas was going to be made 15P after seeing 3 meaningful buffs in a row for ST. Francesca counter from 3->2 is actually huge. Don't know how much she would be viable, but I am already thinking Francesa + Double Muzzle. But Oak is one of my favourite cards and seeing it had got a much deserving double buff, I am just very happy.
Yeah, love the Oak. Fran, tho? Eh. Double Muzzle is weak itself, because you're aren't going to have ideal targets, but it's going to get abused with Alzur garbage, because it's a spell and 10p offers a lot of "fun" targets. I might try to go for double waters again.

Thank you for completely ignoring Draft after its "official release". The cards and the packages are out of date and become more so as you introduce more cards and changes.

You say you want it to succeed but you have done nothing with it for months now. Even when you took it out of Beta. Nothing was updated. How lazy and sad 😔

There are some REALLY interesting ideas here, I really like the ST and SK buffs, and the nerfs to SY. It almost makes me sad.

I think 10.1 was the most frustrated I've ever gotten playing Gwent. I've never really liked playing as NG, and playing against them just felt so frustrating reglardless of the archetype. It always just felt toxic to me.

Seeing that 10.2 is bringing in some notable buffs and what feel like more toxic reworks to NG, as well as the fact that triple Gerny/Kelly/Ciri/Sabbath is still in play... <sigh>

Maybe next season.

Thank you for completely ignoring Draft after its "official release". The cards and the packages are out of date and become more so as you introduce more cards and changes.

You say you want it to succeed but you have done nothing with it for months now. Even when you took it out of Beta. Nothing was updated. How lazy and sad 😔
Usually they do separate topics to talk about patchnotes and draft changes, so i hope they will make some changes in draft.

Otherwise i agree with you in everything
Post automatically merged:

How will NG be Tier 0?
I really think all those status thing with masquarade Ball will be "a thing".

Imagine emhyr and phillipe ananswered in board. They simple can lock everything you play.

(emhyr gives spy status and phillipe lock it)

NG: Clog and Hyperthin still a thing... :( Illusionist still working fine :(

Ok I understand the problems with clog, mill and illusionist. I hate them as well. But hyperthin? That's just ridiculous. Playing hyperthin the old school way (without Calveit) requires deck management skills. And for that these players are rewarded with a good round 3. This strategy also doesn't mess up the opponent's deck, so you are free to play your cards. And its more ridiculous that you complain about hyperthin while ignoring NG's best deck ie. assimilate, which is easier to play than hyperthin.

Ok I understand the problems with clog, mill and illusionist. I hate them as well. But hyperthin? That's just ridiculous. Playing hyperthin the old school way (without Calveit) requires deck management skills. And for that these players are rewarded with a good round 3. This strategy also doesn't mess up the opponent's deck, so you are free to play your cards. And its more ridiculous that you complain about hyperthin while ignoring NG's best deck ie. assimilate, which is easier to play than hyperthin.
You have enough thinning to leave one card in deck literally every time, from which you just bounce you payoff cards. How is Hyperthin hard to play?

Patch seems like a step in the right direction, extremely disappointed that monsters got zero love. Worst faction goes untouched (aside from new cards) for two patches in a row... So many bad monster bronze cards you could have buffed without much worry.

You have enough thinning to leave one card in deck literally every time, from which you just bounce you payoff cards. How is Hyperthin hard to play?
Not saying Hyperthin is the hardest thing to play, but it is very draw dependent since you have multiple cards you don't want in hand round 1, has little to no control so it can easily be out-greeded in the first round, and you have to win round 1 with it or you might as well forfeit.

Not saying Hyperthin is the hardest thing to play, but it is very draw dependent since you have multiple cards you don't want in hand round 1, has little to no control so it can easily be out-greeded in the first round, and you have to win round 1 with it or you might as well forfeit.
Which is why they have no problem slamming the leader down in R1, which solves your hand, your tempo and buffs the wanderers for later.

It's one of the easiest NG decks to play, you are doing the same thing every time, thin and play out the combo. Most of the hyperthin decks I run into are running jousts, locks, heatwave, Vilgefortz, Triss, and some versions have Madoc+bombs, I have no idea where you get the idea hyperthin has no control. Assimilate is a more OP and toxic deck though (such a fun concept, a deck which makes you want to not play your cards) not looking forward to another season of it being T1.

It's one of the easiest NG decks to play, you are doing the same thing every time, thin and play out the combo. Most of the hyperthin decks I run into are running jousts, locks, heatwave, Vilgefortz, Triss, and some versions have Madoc+bombs, I have no idea where you get the idea hyperthin has no control. Assimilate is a more OP and toxic deck though (such a fun concept, a deck which makes you want to not play your cards) not looking forward to another season of it being T1.
My hyperthin didn't have control. Mine was more engine based for kolgrim and the other bronze viper witcher that boosted based on deck size. But that's probably why mine didn't work so well.

Which is why they have no problem slamming the leader down in R1, which solves your hand, your tempo and buffs the wanderers for later.
I'll admit I forgot about wanderers. No contest on your point though.

Patch seems like a step in the right direction, extremely disappointed that monsters got zero love. Worst faction goes untouched (aside from new cards) for two patches in a row... So many bad monster bronze cards you could have buffed without much worry.
MO surely isn't the worst faction at the moment. There should have been changes to Fleders and some bad bronzes, but they said they will definitely do that next patch.

Spying + Poison deck got big buffs. I should probably be more worried about NR tho :)
Let's see how useful these changes are. Engines get removed veeery easily nowadays ^^

Usually they do separate topics to talk about patchnotes and draft changes, so i hope they will make some changes in draft.

Otherwise i agree with you in everything

I really think all those status thing with masquarade Ball will be "a thing".

Imagine emhyr and phillipe ananswered in board. They simple can lock everything you play.

(emhyr gives spy status and phillipe lock it)
Yeah, will be quite overkill against engine-heavy decks. But against the rest that's around I'm not really sure. It's like Imposter, very effective against engines but almost no one plays it at the moment because it's not versatile enough.

Last edited:

Just read my mind, exactly as I think. Instead of a normal rework, the monsters will have to be played ugly again, Gerni etc.
Where is the most important rework for WH type. As if they are hated, or it's because of Vesemir, Well, at least he died fast. :howdy:

Some cool stuff but no nerf to SK pirates is bad. Also the nerf to Gedyneith is pretty much nothing, it's the Crow Clan Preachers that are overperforming for measly 4 provisions.
Carroballista - instead of giving it the sort of useless armor-up it should just not be row locked (it's mounted on a cart, it's supposed to be mobile, not like a fixed artillery piece).

I am still fascinated how they can't put in the tiny bit of effort to color the patch notes to make them easier to read.

I very much appreciate the extensive rework of several very bland and underpowered cards in an interesting way (esp. in SK, NR, and NG).

I don’t appreciate the significant buffs to seize mechanics as this particularly punishes deathwish/graveyard play (esp. MO and SK) while being relatively useless against immediate value tactics that usually do not admit interesting tactics.

I would be surprised if the patch significantly impacts the meta. I think the nerfs to Jackpot and King of Beggers will slightly decrease it’s win rate, but not enough to knock it of of being in the top two decks. Perhaps the changes to Off the Books might cause a transfer to that leader, but given the anti synergies with King of Beggers, I doubt it.

The effective NG decks were not touched, but statuses might provide still another powerful NG alternative.

SK pirates is also untouched (unless seize becomes strong enough to give it more bad matchups — something I don’t expect). The nerf to Gedyneith, while welcome, really missed the mark with the problem of Druids. Knut provides some interesting options, but he doesn’t fit the currently successful decks, and probably is insufficient to make anything else competitive.

NR siege might become competitive — I think this is the most likely source of a shift in the meta, but I don’t feel qualified to really judge. Other NR archetypes are too vulnerable to control and removal to consistently compete in the current environment.

MO has nothing new to be better than its already marginal decks.

And I don’t think the small handful of changes to relatively low impact ST cards will significantly help that faction without more changes.

UMA22

Forum regular
Philippe van Moorlehem the new toxic card.
But finaly something to stop Monsters sabbat deck
As usual nilfgaard always get the best modification to counter others decks
Half players are playing it, and it annoying
Ardal daep dahy is too strong and should get nerfed
Finaly something that could be intresting for NR
But i think king henselt should add zèle to the siege machine that he bring, he is 13 provision after all i still think he is not worthy of his price,
Or make a condition to vengeance of raffar to get zele in deploiement
It cost 10 and it just not fair that it could get killed by one special card
Other thing dandelion and istredd should not boost NR spy card like sabrina and vermon roche and boost theirself instead, same think for erland.
so it boost nilfgaard spy card if they steal it or make copy of it or also syndicate if they steal it with phillippa, so it still be not intresting for them to take them
Many elfes troupes in Scoia'tel should get be stronger or cheaper i think etriel and her lynx is a good start

I totally disagree with those SY changes. KoB is way too good and the faction simply has no good enough archetypes to compete with Jackpot overprofit. Passiflora and Crimes needs some big buffs to even spark some kind of debate about what SY deck to play

I totally disagree with those SY changes. KoB is way too good and the faction simply has no good enough archetypes to compete with Jackpot overprofit. Passiflora and Crimes needs some big buffs to even spark some kind of debate about what SY deck to play
To be fair, classic Crimes have the same issue as Precision Strike ST - when they're good, the game quickly stops being fun for everyone else. I bet CDPR are reluctant to do anything about them after the Drill fiasco.
Passiflora has been relevant recently, so it's not like it needs a "big" buff. More like...a gentle push.

Top Bottom