Patch Notes 10.3

+
I still think The discard package is overhated compare with The other 2 package that got nerfed.

Blightmakers you just need mage assassin in the deck, and that is too easy to activate. Sometimes you get screwed for the last muligan? Yes, but thats only a few times. Also you have 2 mage assassins, so, unless you get both blightmakes, probalby you will still use one blightmaker in that round without being bricked.

Also, you play - now, after patch - 11 points for 11 provision, while the 2 SK bronze plays for 8 points and 9 provision.

Siege master - well have the "same problem" as Skirmisher - you need to have it in hand. But, while Skirmisher you need 2 specifics cards in hand - Skirmisher itself and a disckard card (wich has only 4 cards), with siege master you can put it out with any siege engine (could be gold one) and you problalby has - at minimum - 8 to 10 siege cards in deck.

Also since you can put out with almost any siege its a little dificult to know for how mayny points per provision its play, but lets take some examples (in this example i will count the couldown as 1 point, but could be more, or could be less - if there is no unit for the cooldown)

Playing with:
siege tower - its at least, 7 for 9 provision. If crew its active it instant 8 for 9 provision and an engine - could play for more,
ballista - its instant 7 for 9 - if ballistasurvive its 9 for 9
reinforced tribuchet - its all depends is there is units in the other row or if the crew its active. But i will assume trebuchet will do at least one damage in first turn, so its 8 for 10 plus one point for each turn.
Reinforcedd ballista - almost the same than ballista, but one point less in the first turn.

and so on

Wait? So those were the buffs we've been waiting for to monsters? These are literally barely making wild hunt tier 3 and lets not talk about deathwise. Seriously disappointed :/
Monsters will be tier 0 dude. what are u talking about? did you see the changes???

Monsters will be tier 0 dude. what are u talking about? did you see the changes???
You must be joking. The change to Auberon is great but nothing game changing.

For winter queen they removed its thinning capability which is basically the only thing it was used for in order to make up for Frost being so slow. No one used winter queen for thrive. There's no power change so it's just going to be killed the moment it's played.

Red riders is more a nerf than a buff. Anyone who plays frost knows red riders is used as a replacement for the terrible frost echo card. Now they've removed one of the options that was integral to Frost decks. Who's using Ard Gaeth? That's the card they should have changed, how can they claim to be improving frost and completely ignore arguably the worst echo in the game.

Wild Hunt Navigator isn't going in anyone's deck, by the time you play it you've already lost 1 turn of frost, leaving you with a small window to get a measly 2 or 3 pts on average. It's no better or worse than it was before.

Wild Hunt Warrior is the same as above. The reliance on dominance for Frost to be viable is a joke because almost every faction can out power MO now even with bronze cards and frost takes several turns to make an impact. They're still designing these cards as if it were two years ago.

The only decent change here is Auberon and Eredin and certainly not enough to be anywhere near tier 0

Last edited:
That change hits SK a lot harder then the other two though. NG loses tempo but they can still have perfect consistency because of Jan Calveit. NR get an order ability in exchange that's pretty good. They also have AA so they are fine. Discard get's nerfed and SK is left with basically nothing, they'll have to go to non-devotion options. Blood eagle kind of works with pirates, but it's use is very limited compared to AA.

I think this is a bit hit to SK, larger then it seems at first, because there are very little alternatives. The three T2 decks they had, they are all going to be significantly worse, since every SK deck relies on the discard package.

So they were happy with SK and the diversity in archetypes, that's why they decided to give the nerf hammer to the one package that is used in every single SK deck without providing an alternative making the whole faction worse then before. Sounds reasonable.
Post automatically merged:
You can still use the discard package. It hasn't been removed from the game. It's just now, because of the loss of 2 provisions, you will have to trade in one of the high end cards SK could stack in every deck. This same applies to the other two nerfed thinning cards, so it only hits SK "harder" when SK, NR and NG ALL decide not to play their current thinning favorites.

And in that case, yeah, all other meta netdecks being unchanged, NR has AA and NG has Calveit, but they already play those in their decks now, them being separate "consistency" cards with their own hefty provision costs. The eagle was a pretty popular card not so long ago and considered VERY OP. It's not played now, because discard is so cheap, but it IS an option still. And if you want to go non-devotion, that's an option too, because pretty much all of SK devotion cards have a warrior tag, which are those cards that work with the eagle.

You must be joking. The change to Auberon is great but nothing game changing.

For winter queen they removed its thinning capability which is basically the only thing it was used for in order to make up for Frost being so slow. No one used winter queen for thrive. There's no power change so it's just going to be killed the moment it's played.

Red riders is more a nerf than a buff. Anyone who plays frost knows red riders is used as a replacement for the terrible frost echo card. Now they've removed one of the options that was integral to Frost decks. Who's using Ard Gaeth? That's the card they should have changed, how can they claim to be improving frost and completely ignore arguably the worst echo in the game.

Wild Hunt Navigator isn't going in anyone's deck, by the time you play it you've already lost 1 turn of frost, leaving you with a small window to get a measly 2 or 3 pts on average. It's no better or worse than it was before.

Wild Hunt Warrior is the same as above. The reliance on dominance for Frost to be viable is a joke because almost every faction can out power MO now even with bronze cards and frost takes several turns to make an impact. They're still designing these cards as if it were two years ago.

The only decent change here is Auberon and Eredin and certainly not enough to be anywhere near tier 0
You are wrong about winter queen.

She still has the same summon condition, the only thing that changed its thrive

About red riders, as far i understand it, its almost the same if you replay naglfar's crew.

So you can still put 4 turns of frost in a row playing naglfars, and also you will have a great engine. The only bad thing that you cant play it full power in turn 1.

Navigators and warriors i dont hink its a huge buff too, but both of them are 4provision, and they problanly will be in the deck just to get 25 cards, and for 4 provision cards they are a little better

Last edited:
You are wrong about winter queen.

She still has the same summon condition, the only thing that changed its thrive

About red riders, as far i understand it, its almost the same if you replay naglfar's crew.

So you can still put 4 turns of frost in a row playing naglfars, and also you will have a great engine. The only bad thing that you cant play it full power in turn 1.

Navigators and warriors i dont hink its a huge buff too, but both of them are 4provision, and they problanly will be in the deck just to get 25 cards, and for 4 provision cards they are a little better
Your right it's the devotion, because that would have all but made it unplayable. I stand corrected so 3 decent changes that will not be tier 0.

As for red riders, being like Naglfars crew is of no benefit. If the opponent stacks, which always happens then your best bet is to have 4 frost on a row to minimize the loss. Flexibility is more reliable especially when you need frost on the opponents row to get any benefit from these cards.

The thing you are overlooking is you have very little time to react if your opponent plays a card that you need to counter, it's an inherent weakness to frost. This change means you'll end up having to choose between locking or removing a dangerous card and getting a few boosts and if you miss the window because you had to counter something you risk losing all the points. It's not worth it.

All of these changes are banking on you being able to keep Frost going without a card to actually make that happen. Maybe this is their way of pushing ppl to use Ard Gaeth, if this is the incentive then I have very little hope that will happen.

WH is my favourite archetype and I am glad it got some attention. I've played this deck a lot and I'll give my 2 cents of what I see at first glance.
Auberon Conqueror: Deploy ability changed to:

Spawn and play a bronze Wild Hunt unit from your starting deck.
This is probably the biggest buff and I've seen it suggested by people before. While it is really nice getting rid of the RNG, what this does is that Wild Hunt Riders are basically auto include for the deck since this is a massive amount of points, and you won't be using them as thinning tools as you really want to have them in your deck for R3. This can become uncomfortable since there are already quite a few threats of bricking.
Eredin Bréacc Glas: Power changed from 6 to 7.
Good, fair change, nothing more to say.
Winter Queen: Devotion ability changed to:

Once both players have passed, boost self by 2 for each turn of Frost remaining on the opponent's side.
The thrive effect was obviously trash, but I don't think this change is that great either, with the exception of red coin abuse, which this deck was already decent at, I might be proven wrong though, time will tell. People have suggested that she would summon from the graveyard which I really think was the change needed here, having only one shot at the point swing she provides is the biggest reason I use Red Riders over Ard Gaeth so I will have more control of when she will come out.
Red Riders: Ability changed to:

Choose one:

- Spawn Frost on an enemy row for 2 turns, then replay a bronze Wild Hunt unit.

- Spawn Frost on both enemy rows for 2 turns.
Dislike this change, big part due to reasons mentioned above. It could have been nifty if this change was added as a third choice rather than overwriting the 4 turn frost on a row.
Wild Hunt Navigator: Ability changed to:

Deploy: Boost an allied unit by the duration of Frost on its opposite row.

Dominance: Boost an allied unit by the total duration of Frost on the opponent's side of the battlefield instead.
This card is probably good now in combination with Ard Gaeth, similar to foglets.
Wild Hunt Warrior: Ability changed to:

Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by 2.

Dominance: Also Spawn Frost for 1 turn on that unit's row.
Probably my favourite of all the bunch, nothing bad to say here. You will be able to kill 4 powered units, which is actually a huge deal.

Overall I like these changes, and I am sure they will improve the deck to an extent, but I doubt it will be T1 considering what kind of competition there is out there. My prediction is that similar to when last time WH was buffed, people will play it a lot for a week or two since it is a really fun deck, but then they will just move on to playing something stronger.

Last edited:
i want to ask something about the "replay" on red riders.

What that replay means? I will play the last bronze wild hunt played? Or i will play a card from graveyard?
Post automatically merged:

well, i just put the "replay" word and see teleportation has it.

So if the "replay" its like teleportation, i will agree, that is a nerf, not a buff

SK Players: "Discard package needs to be reworked, it's too binary compared to the other factions. We have to draw the right cards or lose".

CDPR: Hmmm, patch 10.3

SK Faction as a whole: :giveup:

i already seeing damnation nerf for only play bronze units.

The situation where i can play 2 grand inquisitor helveed its too much.

Like i already said, the combo inquisitor, scribe and lonely champion will be too much, and with the ability to do it 2 times its really good (i only need to "kill" a 6 power unit, wich can gets with ulrich very easy)

Red Riders: Ability changed to:

Choose one:

- Spawn Frost on an enemy row for 2 turns, then replay a bronze Wild Hunt unit.

- Spawn Frost on both enemy rows for 2 turns.
As a Wild Hunt player I don't understand this change, it seems pointless. Why would I want to spawn frost on an enemy row for 2 turns and then replay a bronze Wild Hunt unit from the table, when I had the previous choice to spawn frost for as many as 4 turns in a row. Not only does the unit I want to replay have to be on the table so I can't use this card early, but I also lose the extra 2 turns of frost which, thanks to the White Frost ability, allowed me to boost Wild Hunt units played for 3 turns after using the Red Riders. However, those missing 2 turns of frost on their own had the potential to generate 4 points of damage (6 points with Eredin), which I have to trade for the weak deploy ability of bronze unit, which as I recall must be on the table. Here are Wild Hunt unit abilities I have to choose from.​
  1. Wild Hunt Rider - Literally nothing, unless the card was played without dominance the first time.​
  2. Wild Hunt Bruiser - Move an enemy unit to the other row and 2 points of damage.​
  3. Naglfar's Crew - Seems to return 2 turns of frost, but I remind you the unit must be on the table at the time and the unit loses its current boost.​
  4. Naglfar's Taskmaster - Purify enemy unit, if dominance condition is met it is possible to purify allied unit.​
  5. Aen Elle Conqueror - Literally nothing.​
  6. Wild Hunt Navigator - Well let's say an average of 2-4 boost if you meet the dominance condition.​
  7. Wild Hunt Hound - We lose the current boost.​
  8. Wild Hunt Warrior - 2 points of damage and a chance for one turn of frost if we meet the dominance condition.​
I don't see a single ability that is good enough to be worth losing the opportunity for an extra 2 turns of frost in a single row, aside from very specific situations where an extra move of an enemy unit or purifing might be worth it. This change also negatively affects playing Ancient Foglet, which can no longer be played for 7 point after playing Red Riders alone.​
Winter Queen: Devotion ability changed to:

Once both players have passed, boost self by 2 for each turn of Frost remaining on the opponent's side.
I am also skeptical about this change. In most cases when we optimally manage frost the Winter Queen will simply be a 4 power unit, previously it not only encouraged the opponent to destroy this unit quickly but also was usually able to get those 5-7 points. But well we will see how it comes out in practice, the rest of the changes is pretty good.

Last edited:
For MO It would be better to leave it as it was , than to take away hope for a good Wild Hunt update.
The only thing they understood was to change WQ thrive, but it just looks like no change in potential.:smart:
Wild Hunt Rider- nerfed
Wild Hunr Navigator- still no place in deck. trash.
Wild Hunt Warrior
- still no place in deck. trash.

Eredin-+1 thats is it.

ty for patch 10.03, actually no. Maby next patch.

Last edited:
As a Wild Hunt player I don't understand this change, it seems pointless. Why would I want to spawn frost on an enemy row for 2 turns and then replay a bronze Wild Hound unit from the table, when I had the previous choice to spawn frost for as many as 4 turns in a row. Not only does the unit I want to replay have to be on the table so I can't use this card early, but I also lose the extra 2 turns of frost which, thanks to the White Frost ability, allowed me to boost Wild Hunt units played for 3 turns after using the Red Riders. However, those missing 2 turns of frost on their own had the potential to generate 4 points of damage (6 points with Eredin), which I have to trade for the weak deploy ability of bronze unit, which as I recall must be on the table. Here are Wild Hunt unit abilities I have to choose from.​
  1. Wild Hunt Rider - Literally nothing, unless the card was played without dominance the first time.​
  2. Wild Hunt Bruiser - Move an enemy unit to the other row and 2 points of damage.​
  3. Naglfar's Crew - Seems to return 2 turns of frost, but I remind you the unit must be on the table at the time and the unit loses its current boost.​
  4. Naglfar's Taskmaster - Purify enemy unit, if dominance condition is met it is possible to purify allied unit.​
  5. Aen Elle Conqueror - Literally nothing.​
  6. Wild Hunt Navigator - Well let's say an average of 2-4 boost if you meet the dominance condition.​
  7. Wild Hunt Hound - We lose the current boost.​
  8. Wild Hunt Warrior - 2 points of damage and a chance for one turn of frost if we meet the dominance condition.​
I don't see a single ability that is good enough to be worth losing the opportunity for an extra 2 turns of frost in a single row, aside from very specific situations where an extra move of an enemy unit or purifing might be worth it. This change also negatively affects playing Ancient Foglet, which can no longer be played for 7 point after playing Red Riders alone.​

I am also skeptical about this change. In most cases when we optimally manage frost the Winter Queen will simply be a 4 power unit, previously it not only encouraged the opponent to destroy this unit quickly but also was usually able to get those 5-7 points. But well we will see how it comes out in practice, the rest of the changes is pretty good.
Agreed.

For winter queen, it would have been far more beneficial if they made the devotion ability summoning from the graveyard if frost is on both rows. Reduce the power by 1 if necessary though I don't think it's necessary

Red Riders is a nerf, it seems as if they did very little to understand how the card was being used in the game. Now the only option left is Ard Gaeth and they did nothing to make that card playable.

Last edited:
I'm also very disappointed with the WH changes. Honestly, at this point i think CDPR has no idea what to do with this archtype and that's why they don't touch it and when they do, the changes are jokes like this.
You know when you're at work / school and you have to do something that you're not sure how to and you keep postponing doing it for as long as possible while taking care of the easier things? This is what's happening here with WH.

Personal thoughts on this patch:

Red Riders - The only cards that i can see getting any synergy from that would be WH Warrior and the Bruiser. For the Nagalfar's crew it's straight up useless since you lose the buffs. And any other card also either loses points or generates practically nothing. Someone pointed all the cards in a post above so i won't repeat. I'm 100% in agreement with Adrianos6.

Navigator will barely play for a 3 point boost or something like that. Still a dead card.

Warrior... maybe, not sure. The only reason why i'll use that card is to replace the Crew with it for synergy with the Red Raiders. Crew is out already.
And it's a shame cuz i liked the card.

Winter Queen - Dead as soon as it hits the board. The thinning is the only thing that she'll still e useful. So yeah, the buff is nothing.

Auberon - Great, thank you for listening to the community.

Eredin - Ok? How will that make him an Unseen Elder lvl threat? Or any threat at all for that matter? That's what we kept saying we want.

Like, seriously, i made a whole separate thread on this topic specifically to try and help you guys to come up with ideas to improve this archtype and after you read all the community's feedback on the subject and selected only the best of the best options to make it into the game, THIS is what was left?

So what, changing weather to trigger at the end of your turn rather than at the start of the enemy turn to not lose value on the final round wasn't good enough?
Increasing the power of the Hounds by 1 point to get them in line with other similar engines also was too much?
Buffing Caranthir in any way to have some synergy with the WH wasn't important enough?

Like dude... there were SO MANY suggestions there i can't believe this is what we got. Honestly, i wasn't very optimistic about this patch because i saw what happened to the WH in the past patches but this is just sad. Hype us up that "next month you'll get MO changes" and we get this. Now we'll wait another year or so for some new WH improvements and we'll get another batch of jokes like this.

Sorry but these are mindbogglingly bad changes. Nerfing consistency instead of the broken draw-or-lose golds?

Top Bottom