Patch Notes 10.4

+
Time per turn definetly needs adjustment. Buffing travelling priestess to 21 or so, 12 of which by using 4 Pincer manouvers, summoning It with oniromancy, and then using all 21 Charges Is almost impossible, especially on mobile.
I get that there has to be a time limit, but wouldn't It be possible to extend It by a very small amount per action (e.g. 1 second per action or so). This way normal turns wouldn't be longer, allowing more dense turns to be completed.
This is definitely an issue — there are now several decks that I simply can’t play on mobile because targeting, selecting and clicking is too slow.

But I think a better solution is to fix the interface — eliminate animations after the first click. Reduce the lag so you don’t unclick before the original click is noted. Register all clicks. Don’t register clicks that did not occur. Do what the player tells you to do instead of guessing what the user will want. Make activating and deactivating abilities consistent between all cards, and less likely to occur by accident. Etc.

The game is full of Raid SK... did they test this changes before they release? Did they know the meaning of the word "Playtester"?
What rank you play on? Haven't seem much Raid SK in ranks 1-3 and have just reached Pro yesterday. Tbh, I played it for a while myself and I see it struggling with wide decks (Elves, Lippy, etc), pointslam with Aerondight and mill. Plus, it's devotion, lack of good neutrals may hurt too.

What rank you play on? Haven't seem much Raid SK in ranks 1-3 and have just reached Pro yesterday. Tbh, I played it for a while myself and I see it struggling with wide decks (Elves, Lippy, etc), pointslam with Aerondight and mill. Plus, it's devotion, lack of good neutrals may hurt too.
Pro rank, as you said plenty of elves waylay, assimilate lippi, mill and raid decks everywhere.... I found yesterday 4 raid decks in a row :(

Aerondight very strongly favors blue coin. Maybe some uninteractive artifacts also help a small handful of decks lacking proactive plays to do better on blue coin. But I think it would be hard to argue that blue coin was ever widely abused — unless these cards make red-coin abuse decks more sound on blue coin.

I don’t see how the big influencer of round I (Ring of Favor) favors one coin over the other. Am I missing something? It does strongly help decks that must win round I (and I consider its net effect on the game to be negative for that reason), but this has little to do with coin flip. If anything, it makes it harder to win on even — which balances coin flip.

The intentions behind this patch are as mysterious as this new puzzlebox-card for me. o_O

On the one hand, the new nekker and aerondight in combination with the provision-decrease of some cards open new possibilities for decks below 10 provision and i like it very much.

On the other hand there are some changes and new cards i really don't know who thought that might be a good idea:

Let's start with Figgis, who used to be the worst defender in the game. I totally understand the increased power.
But why did he need this order ability? For some decks moving the defender to the other row is the only possibility to deal with it. This one will just move back, making him now by far the best defender in game. As if scoiatel needed this to be balanced...

Travelling priestress is of course absolutely broken, which was mentioned by many people above my post already. But at least there are ways to deal with it. If you recognize the opponent plays around her and you use (and have) control tools on tridam infanterist and trololo you're fine. It still needs a rework in my opinion but there are two other cards, which are much worse.

The first one is skelliges magical compass. What's the matter about nerfing the discard-package in patch 10.3 because nearly all skellige decks used it and then bring this card, which perfectly fits the discard-strategy, in 10.4? It thins the deck in round one or two and usually hits on an empty deck in round three so there is a 8-provision fucusia - or any other legendary card needed. I faced this combination a lot till today and it is only possible to beat it if i'm really lucky with my draws.

This gets even worse by the fact, that winning round one against it is highly recommended and simultaneously sometimes just impossible because of the second card i want to mention - ring of favor. I'm sorry for my wording here...but why the hell did we get this crappy piece of sh**?! It can run for more than 20 points without needing any synergies to do so. And of course it needed to be always on hand in round one and only costs 8 provision. I mean..seriously? There are so many decks that you have to win round one against or you lose. This card gives them such a huge advantage. It's just ridiculous. Of course i can run the card in my deck too to get on line but that means all decks will include it automatically - which already seems to happen. As a wild hunt player i have to be on devotion and can't include the card even if i wanted. So why doing a rework for wild hunt in 10.3 that finally made it competitive on ranks 3 to 0 and then screw it up a few weeks later? I just don't get it.

I stopped caring about balance (and about game too) in one moment, which showed me their efforts. That was when Radovid was released.

Testing process:
Shieldwall, possible 5 charges, not broken.
Give-zeal thing possible 5 charges, not broken.
Draw-cards thing possible 4 charges, not broken.
(Two other completely useless leaders not affected by Radovid restriction).
Uprising possible 5 charges, not broken. But wait... Something happens when leader charges are expired...

To perform this testing 10 seconds is required...
We all know the result.

So now it didn't suprise me to see ring nonsense, aerondith insane, skellige play any gold card thing, NR travelling thing, and some others.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
The intentions behind this patch are as mysterious as this new puzzlebox-card for me. o_O

On the one hand, the new nekker and aerondight in combination with the provision-decrease of some cards open new possibilities for decks below 10 provision and i like it very much.

On the other hand there are some changes and new cards i really don't know who thought that might be a good idea:

Let's start with Figgis, who used to be the worst defender in the game. I totally understand the increased power.
But why did he need this order ability? For some decks moving the defender to the other row is the only possibility to deal with it. This one will just move back, making him now by far the best defender in game. As if scoiatel needed this to be balanced...

Honestly, I have mixed feeling concerning Figgis. Old Figgis was right in dwarf decks. New Figgis is now a defender which can tech against movement. I think the rework is fine.

Travelling priestress is of course absolutely broken, which was mentioned by many people above my post already. But at least there are ways to deal with it. If you recognize the opponent plays around her and you use (and have) control tools on tridam infanterist and trololo you're fine. It still needs a rework in my opinion but there are two other cards, which are much worse.

To my mind, she is broken. Already suggested the following nerf.

Traveling Priestess (body 1, provision 4)
Deploy: Gain 0 Charges. Whenever this unit is put back in your deck, increase the number of Charges by 1.
Zeal. Order: Boost an allied unit by 1.
Charge: 0
Devotion: Whenever this unit is put back in your deck, increase the number of Charges by 2 instead.

The first one is skelliges magical compass. What's the matter about nerfing the discard-package in patch 10.3 because nearly all skellige decks used it and then bring this card, which perfectly fits the discard-strategy, in 10.4? It thins the deck in round one or two and usually hits on an empty deck in round three so there is a 8-provision fucusia - or any other legendary card needed. I faced this combination a lot till today and it is only possible to beat it if i'm really lucky with my draws.

Honestly, I tried the card and have mixed success with it. One has to commit a lot (much discarding, thinning) in order to get the advantage of the Magical Compass. But If the advantage is there it is the strongest card SK has as you can play that legendary which offers the most value in a specific situation (e.g. Wild Boar of the Sea against swarms vs Morkvarg Heart of Terror as tall punisher). I would suggest the following rework.

8 provisions
Echo.
Look at the top 3 cards in your deck. Play one, then move the others to your graveyard.
If there is less than 3 cards in your deck, Create and play a Legendary Skellige card that was not in your starting deck instead.
Devotion: If there is less than 3 cards in your deck, Spaqn and play a Legendary Skellige card that was not in your starting deck instead.

This gets even worse by the fact, that winning round one against it is highly recommended and simultaneously sometimes just impossible because of the second card i want to mention - ring of favor. I'm sorry for my wording here...but why the hell did we get this crappy piece of sh**?! It can run for more than 20 points without needing any synergies to do so. And of course it needed to be always on hand in round one and only costs 8 provision. I mean..seriously? There are so many decks that you have to win round one against or you lose. This card gives them such a huge advantage. It's just ridiculous. Of course i can run the card in my deck too to get on line but that means all decks will include it automatically - which already seems to happen. As a wild hunt player i have to be on devotion and can't include the card even if i wanted. So why doing a rework for wild hunt in 10.3 that finally made it competitive on ranks 3 to 0 and then screw it up a few weeks later? I just don't get it.

Ring of Favor has the disadvantage of heavily running into tall punish and being just one free mulligan if you do not manage to play it in round 1 (e.g. pass of opponent, own pass,...). If would start the boost at 2 and not at 4.

Honestly, I have mixed feeling concerning Figgis. Old Figgis was right in dwarf decks. New Figgis is now a defender which can tech against movement. I think the rework is fine.

To my mind, she is broken. Already suggested the following nerf.

Traveling Priestess (body 1, provision 4)
Deploy: Gain 0 Charges. Whenever this unit is put back in your deck, increase the number of Charges by 1.
Zeal. Order: Boost an allied unit by 1.
Charge: 0
Devotion: Whenever this unit is put back in your deck, increase the number of Charges by 2 instead.

Honestly, I tried the card and have mixed success with it. One has to commit a lot (much discarding, thinning) in order to get the advantage of the Magical Compass. But If the advantage is there it is the strongest card SK has as you can play that legendary which offers the most value in a specific situation (e.g. Wild Boar of the Sea against swarms vs Morkvarg Heart of Terror as tall punisher). I would suggest the following rework.

8 provisions
Echo.
Look at the top 3 cards in your deck. Play one, then move the others to your graveyard.
If there is less than 3 cards in your deck, Create and play a Legendary Skellige card that was not in your starting deck instead.
Devotion: If there is less than 3 cards in your deck, Spaqn and play a Legendary Skellige card that was not in your starting deck instead.

Ring of Favor has the disadvantage of heavily running into tall punish and being just one free mulligan if you do not manage to play it in round 1 (e.g. pass of opponent, own pass,...). If would start the boost at 2 and not at 4.
Figgis is the one thing i mentioned, that i can live with, even if it doesn't get changed. It doesn't have such a big impact. But i still think the order wasn't necessary. All defenders in the game have a power of 7 and 2-4 armor. And all cost 9 provisions. Okay the NR has a shield and SK get's armor when damaged. But this movement order of Figgis just makes him better than all the others for the same cost.

I'm sure (at least i hope) the priestress will get fixed. Maybe they take your suggestions ;).

Concerning the compass: of course it only works when the skellige-player thins his deck and draws the right cards. But drawing the right cards is an issue for (nearly) all decks, isn't it? Today i faced an opponent with that much thinning, that he had just two cards left after round two mulligan. So he used the compass to play Gedyneith in round two. And thanks to the echo he did the same again in round three. Two 14 provision szenarios for 8 provision in one game...great. The compass should not give the possibility to choose from all legendary skellige cards. Why not choose out of three, like all other creation tools in game? At least it shouldn't give the possibility when there are still cards left in the deck. If you can choose out of three cards from deck and there are just two or one cards left it should just be choose out of these two or one.

Of course the ring of favor has these disadvantages. But there are decks you have to win round one against because you loose the whole match if you don't. You can't just pass against these to get rid of the ring. And using tall punish on it only works if you draw it ... and some decks - like the mentioned wild hunt - just don't have a card to punish that tall units. So the ring is a huge benefit for all decks that need to win round one and a huge nerf for the wild hunt archetype, which was just revived some weeks ago.

Can devs finally do something about Golden Nekker and Travelling Priestess cards? Ladder is swarming with these kind of decks, it's bloody sickening to play your card game now. Worst card release so far, powercreep is unbelievable.

powercreep is unbelievable.
Especially with Aerondight, extremely OP on blue. This is why I am not a fan of new releses, never has been. I know some cards are made OP on purpose, but what is happening now is far beyond any decency.

Instead of broadening the variety of archetypes, we're being limited to play the same thing everyone else does, simply cause it's hard to match it. I'd like to play more of Gwent, but it's simply unenjoyable to see 9P cards constantly play for 20+ points with bare or any setup whatsoever.

Can someone explain why this Ring card was printed? Let me explain: You keep working hard to win round 1 (sometimes because you must), using your cards as efficiently as possible, and then opponent plays +20 tempo points. You either have to use heathwave (usually on a boosted token), spores for negative points (if they boosted a damaged unit) or use your own ring. This last one is frustrating cause it is the best solution but forces you to have this card in your deck instead of a card that has more sinergy. They really wanted these cards in every deck? Why?

That is a good talking point, that you play low tempo and your round 1 sucks. But it is actually not the case. It is mostly swiftly followed up by Primal Savagery which plays for bloody 10 points for 4P. Any engines or any card you put on board, no matter the strength can be removed by their 4P or 5P card, saving all their high provision cards to later wreck havoc.

I don't know what would come out on top. It will take at least a couple of weeks for the meta to settle. If I have to guess Dwarfs are solid Tier 3 (good, but will easily go out of meta soon), NG assimilate with Runemage, SK warriors to be Tier 1. May be due to SK warriors, NR Seige may fade a bit due to extreme control. I don't know. Lets wait and see and not call for hot fix.

[BTW, no one is going to talk about the Ring of Favor being an auto-include card now? Such a red-coin abuse card :shrug:]

They buffed as hell dwarves and SC players still complains?

Tier 3? Wants to make a bet?

I bet it will be consider tier 1 or at least tier 2.

I dont think ring of favor its a Red coin abuse. If its an auto include card, both players will have it.

If The Red coin player plays it, The Blue coin player can play in The next turn and it will play for 2 points more.
well @rrc team leviatahn have made their meta report and they put dwarves as a tier 2 deck.

Of course we need the oficial data, but i think we can have some ideas what dwarves would be

Tier 2 sounds about right for the dwarves, and as for where they'll be, I'm taking an under on 51%

The best part of the meta report, though, is the "Actual Mill" in Tier 3 and the summary of the archetype:

Strengths:

- The biggest upside to playing Mill is the fact that you don’t have to use your brain

:D:D

What makes me really not enjoy playing this game and want to delete this off my phone is the stagnation of the game. Yes, there are new patches. But it stagnates when a new patch comes out and gameplay revolves around whether or not you have those new cards in your deck or not. Basically the game gets reduced down to whether or not you have those new cards or not. Older decks get left out of the mix and have no chance of competing in the end. This is what leads to each of the open tournaments becoming mirror copies and everyone brings the same deck loadout. You'd think the developers would see a problem in game development when the announcers say "we're here and we're excited to see what each players brought" and they're all the same, with slight variations. The first opens we're fun to watch because each person brought different decks and game play. Now I honestly dislike watching the new opens and grow bored of seeing the new patches knowing if I absolutely don't get those cards into my decks, I won't be competing in the season.

CDPR, patch the priestess!
Now both Leviathan and Elder Blood put it into tier one, which gives an impression that it's OK to abuse a broken card if maestros of the game praise it.

P.S. on a side note - none of these teams put Raids even in Tier 3. What?! My win rate is close to 80% with Raid deck, and it is performing way better than other decks they put in Tier 1. It also decimates that broken priestess deck, by the way, so keep in mind if you need a solution for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom