Patch Notes 10.5

+
Deathwish still feels underwhelming not overwhelming. Giant Turds don't feel giant either, these could have used a buff to 4 pwr. OH can use that 3rd charge again. Brewess is meh. Larvas can go back to 5 prov. Most deathwish bronzes are bad.
Post automatically merged:

Also i played ST Call of Harmony and i would only recommend it if you like losing.
Deathwish and other archetypes like soldiers/harmony are bad because their bronzes are bad. The logic answer should be: buff them, so they can compete with bronzes of other factions.
Instead, devs answer is: buff or print crazy high end gold cards, so the deck remains overall garbage, but now it' s even more polarizing than before.
Because if you draw them, maybe you can do something; if you don't draw them you can easily concede on the spot.

Accordingly to what i'm seeing, this seems to be their definition of "fun".

BIG QUESTION: Why is it a card rework and not a card drop? Why do you delete cards from the game? I'm not a big fan of the removed cards but maybe some people were, and if those people weren't many, why not buff the cards instead of just tossing them away? Does it really cost so much to have an artist draw an new illustration? There are plenty talented fine arts people looking for work these days, aren't there?

Always happy to see new cards but why does it have to come at a cost of deleting old cards?
I was using Hen Gaidth Sword A LOT, mainly for Crow Messenger decks (my favorite card).:cry::cry:

I had a bunch of variants, from Beast Overdose to Alchemy, Self-destruct and Infinite Resurrections of Birds. The card changed, my strategies are all disrupted, all those funny decks are now DEAD.
I don't have any back up for this sword (it was a key card for making an extra Crow, to play it and call the others in the same round, without banishing the Crow I wanted in the opponent's graveyard for later). Sooo... it's the worst change possible for me.

The new version seems funny but I'm sad with this change. I don't want to play meta decks or Nova/Golden Nekker/Ring. :cry:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I was using Hen Gaidth Sword A LOT, mainly for Crow Messenger decks (my favorite card).:cry::cry:

I had a bunch of variants, from Beast Overdose to Alchemy, Self-destruct and Infinite Resurrections of Birds. The card changed, my strategies are all disrupted, all those funny decks are now DEAD.
I don't have any back up for this sword (it was a key card for making an extra Crow, to play it and call the others in the same round, without banishing the Crow I wanted in the opponent's graveyard for later). Sooo... it's the worst change possible for me.

The new version seems funny but I'm sad with this change. I don't want to play meta decks or Nova/Golden Nekker/Ring. :cry:
I am sorry, but i too loved the old Hen Gaidth sword and crow messengers, but this new version still fits well in such a deck.

True, you dont get the extra crow messenger on the same turn, and i think the one you get later is doomed so its best to purify it, but there are advantages: you dont need to set up the damage to put the crow messenger on enemy side at 2pts, and it plays for better tempo, in both rounds.

You hit an enemy target for 5 dmg. If it doesnt kill it, it SPAWNS a copy of that unit.
If you do kill it, the sword goes to your graveyard, and with echo next round you draw it. Then you can do 5dmg again, no need for deathblow, and it SPAWNS AND PLAYS that unit you killed the round before.
Its strong but since most good units only come out R3, its hard to "steal their souls" on a good target early, to be used later.
That is not correct, the effect without flavour gibberish is as follows
Echo.
Damage an enemy unit by 5
Deathblow: Banish the unit
If this card is Doomed: Damage an enemy unit by 5 then Spawn and play a base copy of the banished unit and give it Doomed instead.

I am sorry, but i too loved the old Hen Gaidth sword and crow messengers, but this new version still fits well in such a deck.

True, you dont get the extra crow messenger on the same turn, and i think the one you get later is doomed so its best to purify it, but there are advantages: you dont need to set up the damage to put the crow messenger on enemy side at 2pts, and it plays for better tempo, in both rounds.
I won't give up, it's just I'll have to rebuild and find new strategies...

The Crow is banished when he's stored in the new Hen Gaidth Sword, so it never goes in the opponent's graveyard (I tried, and it's one less Crow). But "nature will always find a way..." :)

By the way, the card looks fun and there are a lot more juicier targets than Crow Messenger. It has a quite good meme potential.

By the way, the card looks fun and there are a lot more juicier targets than Crow Messenger. It has a quite good meme potential.
You can easily play quad Joachim with it by drawing both Coup and Hen in R1 then going Coup - > hen on joachims and repeating it in R2/3

DRK3

Forum veteran
I won't give up, it's just I'll have to rebuild and find new strategies...

The Crow is banished when he's stored in the new Hen Gaidth Sword, so it never goes in the opponent's graveyard (I tried, and it's one less Crow). But "nature will always find a way..." :)

Ah, by your comment i assume you also used blue dream to snatch the opponents crow messenger that went to GY, otherwise the fact that hen gaidth banishes the damaged unit wouldnt be a problem.

If you want a LOT of crow messengers is probably best to go with Idarran and megascopes (play Idarran after the 1st telescope, so at least one extra crow appears before your opp can counter idarran), but you have to purify the ones spawned by idarran.

Yup, I played this one too, with Siegfried, etc... 50 shades of crows ^^

Clearly, the Hen Gaidth Sword is far better now in terms of points and tempo, it was just to express my frustration with this change.

For the other artefacts :
Sihil can generate a lot of points in the long run but it's quite easy to disrupt. I tried it with a Syndicate "Bounty" deck and it can be a good support or a total brick. Wyvern Scale is a solid 4p Bronze. Tesham Mutna could be the new Heatwave.

This meta is BEYOND garbage.
Everything is decided round 1 and committing as hard as you can is almost never punished because we have cards like aerondight designed to help [...]. Golden nekker can destroy games alone, the variance of this card is embarassing. Today I won and lost unbelievable matches only cause of that. How is that even remotely fair?
I feel that almost every game i play my decisions don't matter, because a good random roll can mess up my entire plan.
Sihil is very worrying too. If that trash card is going to plague ranked queues, i quit. Impossible to stand a solitaire meta shaped this way where being a braindead is fully rewarded.

I hope you can make enough money with specimen's fans and hearthstone lovers, the only category of people that could like and play this bs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with Sihil is that it would be a fun "neutral" card, which could force you to play and, you know, think about how to play, except NG and Patricide exist, which make the card cheese, which makes it seem like the devs created the Sihil to be used specifically in these garbage cheese decks (because otherwise why the hell would they make it 12?? Clearly, outside those two decks, it's worth 8p at the most), which makes everyone automatically play Sihil in nothing except these dumb decks. Which makes Sihil seem toxic.

This meta is BEYOND garbage.
Everything is decided round 1 and committing as hard as you can is almost never punished because we have cards like aerondight designed to help [...].
This pretty much sums up the current meta perfectly. Everyone is just brainlessly puking out points without any thought or finesse to it whatsoever, just have to stay ahead, encouraged by absolutely broken cards like Aerondight. Who thought it was a good idea to make this 9p AND an echo? Imagine if Gord was an echo... Even old OP T1 decks like assimilate and patience mages are now power crept in this meta, that alone should speak for itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the problem is not the average effectiveness of the new cards and decks, it’s the extreme inconsistency and matchup dependence. It does seem like “intelligent” play is rarely significant to the final result.

But some of this is still new. Sihil, for example feels extremely matchup dependent, but it may be a card that redefines what a sound deck is — much like overpowered engines have forced significant control/removal, Sihil may be forcing instant boost abilities.

Unfortunately, the matchup very much defines the outcome these days.

When I see which deck I am playing against, I can already predict who will win. And it is not good. Not good at all.

I wont say i quit gwent, because, of course, i am still playing.

But these last few days i am playing less and less.

This new meta is so brainless and boring, why devs still doing those mistakes? Its funny when they come with 2 articles talking about balance and everything and they cant do that.

As Sihil, yes i played that deck and yes i win some matches, but this still a meme and expensive card. When people realize how to counter it, the card and the deck are dead. In the same way i win matches because the "new" thing, i need to forfeit other matches because my opponent already knows to counter it.

So i can easily say (and i will come back here if i am wrong) sihil wont be meta, people are playing in this first days and will stop soon

As Sihil, yes i played that deck and yes i win some matches, but this still a meme and expensive card. When people realize how to counter it, the card and the deck are dead. In the same way i win matches because the "new" thing, i need to forfeit other matches because my opponent already knows to counter it.

So i can easily say (and i will come back here if i am wrong) sihil wont be meta, people are playing in this first days and will stop soon
The problem is that there are otherwise legitimate decks that can’t counter Sihil. Unless you have either boost, some sort of self damage or consume, or you spew units like crazy (NG siege), it is almost impossible to play around.

Unless we are ready to redefine “viable” deck, Sihil is the kind of binary card that eliminates player agency in the match outcome, thereby ruining the game.

can anyone please relay a message to CDPR and let them know Gwent keeps crashing on iPhone XR has been doing since the 10.4 and they make it impossible to send a email so frustrated all I wanna do is get the message to them to get repaired why does it have to be so hard

Unless we are ready to redefine “viable” deck, Sihil is the kind of binary card that eliminates player agency in the match outcome, thereby ruining the game.
Exactly.
I don't care if this garbage will be tier 1, 2 or 3; this is the perfect example of braindead card that is forcing players to insta concede if they haven't the tools or using tech cards that are horrible in every other matchup.
Today i saw a little bit of Gabane's stream and he played Arachas poison ( Arachas poison lol...) to kill the tokens from their leader, otherwise he would have lost every single time against that Sihil nonsense.
I couldn't imagine to reach this level in Gwent. I could easily expect that in Hearthstone or LoR, but not here.

Been having an absolute blast this patch! Issue with a change though. I'm Introducing a friend to the game and he was confused by Summoning Circle in the Nilfgaard starter deck. I know before it used to synergize with the create mechanic but now it feels very weird for new players and doesn't mesh with that starter deck. An older change to Old Speartip runs into the same problem. Old Speartip Asleep used to be a 9 power dude for the Monster's dominance Wild Hunt starter deck. Now he's a 6 power 2 armor body with the ability to summon Old Speartip Awake which isn't in the starter deck...

Was hoping to play my friend with the unedited starter deck but I guess I'll need to make some edits for now.

Top Bottom