Patch Notes 10.6

+

Hey everyone,

Update 10.6 is here and brand new cards for Triss and Yennefer with it!

On top of that, it brings some adjustments to neutral and faction cards alike.

Check out our latest Developer Update for an in-depth look at the upcoming changes:
New Features
Added a confirmation pop-up for purchasing Fast Travel in Journeys for Scraps.

Added a warning pop-up for switching from a Premium to a Standard Journey.

When changing from a Premium to a Standard Journey, players will receive fewer Crowns Pieces for completing quests. (Standard - 20CP; Premium - 40CP)
Neutral
New Unit - Triss: Meteor Shower - Human - Mage

3 power, 12 provision cost

Deploy (Melee): Damage all units on an enemy row by half their base power.

Deploy (Ranged): Boost all allied units on a row by half their base power.

New Unit - Yennefer: Illusionist - Human - Mage

4 power, 12 provision cost

Deploy: Spawn Yennefer's Illusion on this row.

The first time you Spawn a unit on your side of the battlefield each turn, damage the lowest-power enemy unit by the Spawned unit's base power.

Deathblow: Boost self by 1.

New Unit - Yennefer's Illusion - Human - Mage, Token

4 power

Doomed.

When this unit takes damage, destroy self.

Aerondight - Provision cost changed from 9 to 10.

Enraged Ifrit - Power changed from 4 to 5.

Damage from the Deploy changed from 4 to 5.

Francis Bedlam - Power changed from 4 to 6.

Ornate Censer - Provision cost changed from 8 to 9.

Triss: Butterflies - Power changed from 5 to 4.

Ability changed to:

Deploy (Ranged): Shuffle a card from your hand into your deck, then draw a unit of your choice and boost it by 3.
Monsters
Auberon King; Invader; Conqueror - Power changed from 5 to 6.

Ge'els - Ability changed to:

Deploy: Play a Wild Hunt special from your deck.

Devotion: Play a Wild Hunt card from your deck instead.
Skellige
Harald an Craite; Warmonger; the Cripple - Power changed from 5 to 6.

Sigvald - Provision cost changed from 7 to 8.
Northern Realms
Viraxas Prince; Outcast; King - Power changed from 6 to 7.

Traveling Priestess - Power changed from 3 to 4.

Starting Charges changed from 0 to 1.

Charges per shuffle changed from 3 to 2.
Scoia'tael
Symbiosis - Updated the tooltip to include non-unit sources of Symbiosis.

Eithné: Wrath of the Brokilon - Power changed from 6 to 10.

Ability changed to:

Immunity.

Symbiosis 3.

Freixenet - Power changed from 6 to 5.

Ability changed to:

Zeal, Order (Ranged): Spawn a Young Dryad on this row.

Cooldown: 4

Devotion: At the end of your turn, lower the Cooldown by the duration of Vitality on self.

Torque - Removed the Devotion requirement. Now always starts in your hand.

Farseer - Power changed from 4 to 5.

Provision cost changed from 4 to 5.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Boost an unboosted unit in your hand by the number of boosted units in your hand.

Oakcritters - Bleeding amount changed from 3 to 4.
Nilfgaard
Fergus var Emreis - Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.

Usurper Emperor - Power changed from 6 to 5.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Spawn an Operative on each enemy row and give them Spying.

Zeal. Order: Seize all Spying Operatives.

Whenever an enemy unit gains Spying, boost self by 1.

Impera Enforcers - Armor changed from 0 to 1.

Has new part of ability:

Deathblow: Gain 1 Armor.
Syndicate
Off the Books - Provision bonus changed from 15 to 14.

Fallen Rayla - Power changed from 5 to 6.

Provision cost changed from 11 to 12.

Ability changed to:

Veil.

Profit 3.

Tribute 3: Remove Poison from an allied unit, then boost self by 5.

Whenever your opponent plays a unit, Poison it and remove a Counter.

When the Counter reaches 0, the Tribute becomes a Fee.

Counter: 2

Gellert Bleinheim - Ability changed to:

Profit 2.

Immunity.

Fee 1: Poison an allied unit and boost it by 2.

Cooldown: 1

Adrenaline 5: At the end of your turn, Purify self.

Failed Experiment - Power changed from 10 to 6.

Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Poison self.

Fee 3: Move Poison from self to a unit.

Cooldown: 1

Hysteria - Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Mutant - Armor changed from 2 to 0.

Ability changed to:

When Poisoned, Spawn a base copy of self on this row.

Counter: 1

Salamandra Assassin - Armor changed from 1 to 0.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: Place a Bounty on an enemy unit.

Order: Poison the enemy unit with Bounty.

Salamandra Lackey - Ability changed to:

Deploy: Purify an allied unit and gain 2 Coins for each status removed.

Stolen Mutagens - Ability changed to:

Choose a mutagen:

Red - Damage an enemy unit by 4.

Blue - Poison an allied unit and gain 5 Coins.

Green - Boost an allied unit by 4 and give it Veil.

If you control at least 2 Salamandra units, choose an additional mutagen.
Game Fixes
Auberon Invader's Create is now correctly affected by Runemage's ability.

Francesca Findabair's tooltip now correctly mentions a base copy of the special.

Order abilities that move a card to the other side (such as Master of Puppets and Arcane Tome) now affect the controlling player's Hubert Rejk, rather than the opponent's.

Sihil can now be used to play Traps.

Xavier Lemmens' ability no longer becomes disabled when failing to select a target while viewing the graveyard.

Summoning Circle's tooltip has been adjusted to reflect the current ability.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
-The text on the OP makes it seem the new patch is already out, when its actually only releasing tomorrow.

Regarding the new cards:

-Love that Triss and Yen are getting more cards. Long time ago i did decks including all versions of each character (Geralt, Triss, Yen, Ciri). I might try to do that now but there's not much synergy between different version cards of the same character.

-Yen's token artwork is way more beautiful than the main card. And still not a fan of that artwork for Triss, which was used for Journey.

-Also, i think it would make more sense to add cards of the co-protagonists of Triss and Yen's journey (Condwiramurs and Nimue) than more versions of those sorceresses (who already have 3/4 cards each)

Regarding the other changes:

-Aerondight. FInally. I think it will take some time to adjust and optimize decks, but it will still be very played later, on non-GN decks.

-A lot of changes to ST Symbiosis and SY poison, its hard to evaluate right now how they will perform, but i wouldnt be surprised if they resurface on the meta.

I like some changes, but definitely not sure about new Yen and Triss cards.

Triss: Meteor Shower feels like a boosted Zoltan: Scoundrel (without risking the special card to trigger Serpent Trap) and 5 points difference is nothing when applied to a row even partially filled with fat units (hello, Megascope decks or some Griffin Witcher Adept crap).

And 1p nerf to Sigvald? This card needs at least a Deathblow keyword to manage excess damage.

Nothing done about Sihil, except giving it more flexibility, Why does this card even exist? It's not even OP, it's just really annoying.

Removing Devotion from Torque feels wrong. Not because the card needed it lore-wise, but because there are not enough devotion cards in the game at the moment!

Farseer's new ability now has nothig to do with the card's name. I so love when this happens in Gwent.

SY self-poisning decks will definitely play differently now. Maybe somethong good will come out of this.

And why nothing is being done about cards that don't see any action for many months (or even years)?

Silgvald's "nerf" is a joke, still a binary card.
Censer's nerf is a joke, still a binary/highroll card. The problem is in terms of design, not cost.
Aerondight's nerf maybe will work, but again, binary/highroll/coin dependant card. The problem is not cost, but design.
Kekker untouched (?).
Priestess probably dead, but this is good. Binary card.
I don't like neutrals, because if they are strong enough...you already know.
Let's see if other archetypes will gain space ( self-poison is favoured, other ones i'm not so sure ).

Only thing that matters to me is strategy and skill expression. If this exist i will play, if the meta will shift to a pointslammy fiesta like last 2 months, i just quit and see you next patch.

rrc

Forum veteran
"Torque - Removed the Devotion requirement. Now always starts in your hand."

Mandatory monthly handbuff finally playable! :cool:
Well, this time I think it really does! I have a feeling that HB is going to be really good, even if not Tier 1 or broken, it would at least be a solid Tier 3.. Let's see...

well i loved the aerondight nerferd.

The rest seems good.

Posion will be really good, but i want to talk about farseen. Using 2 leaders charges in 8 units, leting torque unbuffed, and use farseen in turn 1 in torque it will be 21 for 5. If torque buffs an aglais or skalds its 29 for 5. Thats too much

Well, this time I think it really does! I have a feeling that HB is going to be really good, even if not Tier 1 or broken, it would at least be a solid Tier 3.. Let's see...
Actually think so, too. Torque buff plus Butterflies' rework make playing handbuff pretty tempting. For sure I'll try the leader + Farseer cheese couple times.

SY change is the most interesting.

ST pre-buff seems OP at a glance. Farseer looks like another broken Priestess to me. And there is nothing the opponent can do about it.

Good to see that some cards pulled by the Nekker got nerfed. I'm tired of that deck. It was interesting for the first two weeks but after that just not fun at all.

Priestess is still OP in my opinion. And I generally don't like cards like her and Sihil that you can do nothing about unless you play NG with deck manipulation. Unfortunately, there are more and more of these cards in Gwent. I suggest that CDPR revises these cards.

Last edited:
Nekker and Priestess are not addressed. I don't care what else they did, I don't even wanna read it. (n)
Golden Nekker cannot use a tool that is important to it and was included in every single such list.
The scaling of Priestess was significantly reduced. When targeting Tridam Infantry both copies combined now play for 2x - 6 less points (where x is the number of shuffles). So once you trigger them more than 3 times combined you start losing 2 points for each shuffle.

I have no idea how you reach the conclusion that those cards have not been addressed.
Did you expect them to be increased by 100 provisions or straight up deleted ?

Very exciting patch notes once again! Am absolutely loving each patch making old cards desirable! Keep up the great work 🙂

I like the additional cards. These cards can be a meta define by itself like sunset wanderer.

There are 4 archetypes getting buff this patch - MO Wildhunt (especially Devotion Wild Hunt have a Wild Hunt tutor which is great), ST Handbuff, NG Spy and SY self poison. -- this will make players happy and try this and that at least for a week or two.

Next, nerfed 3top tier decks make the entire environment smell fresher - Ciri Golden Nekker got nerfed, NR Priestess and SK Self Pain. I doubt that why Sihil remain alive. oh and off the book also get a bit nerfed

There are a few things that I wish CDPR take some actions in the future.
1. Forgotten Treasures brings new 21 cards and 4 of them seem rarely play (ST epic, NR epic, NG epic and exile hand draw that many cards.) 4 of 21 is almost 20% of the set. I wish these cards getting buff or redesign and see more play in the future.

2. The Gwent state at 2 weeks after the patch come in is flat. Players already trial and error those new cards and meta already set. Sometime, some deck dominate the entire meta and cause players play only anti meta deck. I wish CDPR have some ways to shake the meta during this period (the 2nd half of each months) for example, introduce a new small set like 24-36 cards which keep changing from time to time to shift the meta or maybe unlock all the nerfed for a week.

3. please ban some combo in a certain seasonal mode.

Loving the game recently!
I do have to say though, with every additional patch that doesn’t have an update for draft mode, begs the question why you even got rid of arena in the first place.

At least with arena you didnt have to be actively involved in managing it, since any new cards would just be present in arena. Less work for you, a much more interesting experience for the players.

Draft is just old predicable card sets that haven’t been updated in months. I wonder how many cards out of the entire card pool are currently in draft, a fifth? Maybe?

Loving the game recently!
I do have to say though, with every additional patch that doesn’t have an update for draft mode, begs the question why you even got rid of arena in the first place.

At least with arena you didnt have to be actively involved in managing it, since any new cards would just be present in arena. Less work for you, a much more interesting experience for the players.

Draft is just old predicable card sets that haven’t been updated in months. I wonder how many cards out of the entire card pool are currently in draft, a fifth? Maybe?
This^

Why even have draft if they aren't going to put the effort into keeping it updated? And how much time would it really take to rotate some core cards and change up some packages?

Whats worse is they make you spend resources now to play it and they haven't touched it in months. Very annoyed!

Is the reason that you haven't improved Harmony but have improved Hand-Buff for the second time, the same reason that you haven't improved Thrive but have improved Wild Hunt for the second time?

Just asking for a friend.

A lot of good changes in this patch, especially about priestess finally getting a serious nerf.

My only major concern is Eithné getting immunity. What is up with ST getting immunity on these MAJOR threats lately? First Saskia and now this? It is not good game design making answer or lose cards unanswerable (outside of very specific tech cards). Saesenthessis which on paper is an 8 for 9 still sees play in some decks because the immunity is worth so much to some archetypes, and now these crazy engines suddenly get the tag for free? Is Burza holding a gun to your heads? Should I call someone?

Glad to see WH getting some more support, it's not enough but it's definitely going in the right direction. Consistency and Ge'els bricking was a serious issue. SY getting more support for both poisons and bounty (even a mix in one card) is very welcome, but I do wonder if some of these cards will be over the top, even though new Rayla looks very interesting. NG great changes as well buffing some very power crept cards, might be enough for ball to finally start seeing more play again.

All in all I hope you will keep listening to the community and not dismiss their serious concerns as "echo chambers" or "narratives". Next patch is the next card drop if I am not mistaken? Please make these cards go through extensive testing before they are released so that they will not break the entire game again, because if they do we are better off without them.

Last edited:
A lot of good changes in this patch, especially about priestess finally getting a serious nerf.

However, I will say I am disappointed with Golden Nekker remaining untouched. Some people seem to be under the impression that Aerondight going 10p means these decks will no longer be plaguing the entire ladder with their thoughtless pointslamming, but they must have not read the card carefully enough, because it restricts you to 10p cards, and not 9. So all you have to do is cut Ciri (who was never the main problem with these decks), which can easily be replaced with Truffle, and the plethora of other good 10p cards which will now be up for consideration. I don't think its going to take long for people to figure this out after the patch goes live.

[...]
No, Golden Nekker locks you out of 10p or higher cards, so Golden Nekker and Aerondight are no longer compatible.
If that was true Ciri: Nova would have been cut already.

Top Bottom