Patch Notes 10.7

+
Hey everyone,

Update 10.7 has arrived together with the Black Sun!

27 new cards including a new Scenario for each faction and Renfri as a neutral card.

In addition, there is a list of supporting adjustments to existing cards to improve your experience.

Check out our latest Developer Update for an in-depth look at the upcoming changes:

Black Sun card drop - Herald the inevitable coming of the Black Sun, or join Renfri in exacting vengeance on all its prophets. This card drop introduces four new cards per faction, along with three Neutrals.

New keyword - Infused - Status that adds effects or categories to a card. Removing the status also removes all added effects and categories. Lock disables Infused abilities.

New keyword - Grace - The first time this unit's power is equal to or higher than the specified amount, trigger the ability. If the condition is already met when it enters the battlefield, trigger it immediately.

New keyword - Clash - Units simultanously damage each other by their power.

New seasonal mode - Trial by Fire - Queue up with a faction of your choice - your deck will be replaced with a prebuilt deck for the same faction, featuring cards from the new expansion!

Changes

Evolving cards (Auberon, Usurper, Viraxas, Eithné, Harald an Craite, and Jacques) now... evolve! This means that unlike with usual transformations, any armor, statuses, ability infusions, and power changes will be retained in the process.

Neutral

Alzur - Now has the Knight tag.

Olgierd: Immortal - Power changed from 8 to 10.

Ornate Censer - Provision cost changed from 9 to 10.

Ability changed to:

Boost an allied unit by the amount of damage dealt to enemy units this turn, or damage an enemy unit by the amount of boost given to allied units this turn.

Syanna - Power changed from 3 to 5.

Vivienne: Oriole- Provision cost changed from 10 to 9.

Monsters

Auberon King; Invader - Replaced transform with evolve.

Nekker Warrior- Power changed from 4 to 7.

Ability changed to:

Deploy: If this card would not trigger any of your Thrive units, damage self by 3 and Infuse self with "Thrive".

Skellige

Arnaghad - Tooltip adjusted to include the new Clash keyword.

Gedyneith - Renamed to In Gedyneith's Shadow

Crach an Craite - Tooltip adjusted to include the new Clash keyword.

Harald an Craite; Warmonger - Replaced transform with evolve.

Melusine - Replaced Veil with Deploy: Gain Veil.

Northern Realms

Royal Inspiration - Provision bonus changed from 16 to 15.

Ability changed to:

Order: Boost an allied unit by 5.

If it triggered an allied unit's Grace ability, refresh the Order and reduce the boost by 1.

Reynard Odo - Power changed from 6 to 7.

Provision cost changed from 9 to 8.

Ability changed to:

Whenever you play a unit, boost it by 1.

Grace 12: Boost all boosted allied units by 1.

Vandergrift - Provision cost changed from 8 to 9.

Has new part of ability:

Grace 12: Gain Resilience.

Vandergrift's Blade - Ability changed to:

Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by 5.

Deathblow: Store destroyed unit's base power. The next time you play a unit, boost it by the stored amount, then destroy self.

Viraxas Prince; Outcast - Replaced transform with evolve.

Windhalm of Attre - Has new part of ability:

Grace 10, Order: Gain Shield.

Cintrian Knight - Has new part of ability:

Grace 6: Boost self by 2.

Mad Charge - Ability changed to:

Boost an allied unit by 5 and give it 2 Armor.

If it's a Knight, also give it Vitality (2).

Redanian Knight - Has new part of ability:

Grace 8: Boost adjacent units by 1.

Scoia'tael

Eithné Young Queen; Mother - Replaced transform with evolve.

Percival Schuttenbach - Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.

Dryad Fledgling - Power changed from 4 to 5.

Farseer - Provision cost changed from 5 to 6.

Forest Whisperer - Power changed from 4 to 3.

Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Nilfgaard

Glynnis aep Loernach - Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.

Usurper Officer; General - Replaced transform with evolve.

Syndicate

Jacques Miracle Child; de Aldersberg - Replaced transform with evolve.

Passiflora - Name changed to One Night at the Passiflora.

Ability changed to:

Doomed.

Scenario: Progress whenever you play a Blindeye.

Prologue: Spawn Sly Seductress on this row.

Chapter 1: Spawn Passiflora Peaches on this row.

Chapter 2: Gain 6 Coins.

Sir Skewertooth - Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.

Fisstech Trafficker - Now has the Blindeyes tag.

Salamandra Mage - Tribute cost changed from 4 to 5.

Untitled-1.jpg

Post automatically merged:

0o3qomgx5e991.jpg

from https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/vqn336
:sad:

trash.jpg

Deploy: If this card would not trigger any of your Thrive units, damage self by 3 and Infuse self with "Thrive"
So basically if you don't trigger any thrive units it will revert to the card it was before this patch?????

th-3903712586.jpg

So MO got nerfed with this Nekker downgrade.

Last edited:
Hahah @ThorgerWolff i thought The same.

Reynar odo still have formation? (i Don think so, since He lost his order, but i Will ask anyway)

View attachment 11310277

View attachment 11310280
from https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/vqn336
:sad:

View attachment 11310283

So basically if you don't trigger any thrive units it will revert to the card it was before this patch?????

View attachment 11310286

So MO got nerfed with this Nekker downgrade.
Yes they could at least changed tô.

Thrive
If you dont active any of your units thrive damage yourself at 3 and lose thrive.

So, in this way, if you manage to summon it (mamunna) or copy it with megaescope you Will have a unit with 7 base Power and thrive.

Its a small buff and a condicional buff, but at least it Will be better

Last edited:
Recently my interest in Gwent was waning, so i hope this patch will "stoke that fire" once again :)
I have to say, the card design is getting better with every expansion.

Neutrals
Renfri looks amazing, but i'm a bit worried she will not be consistent enough to be more than a meme.

MO
Thrive, oh boy, i hate that archetipe. Maybe it won't be as toxic as it was in the past, but i have a bad feeling about this. Either way, i'm putting Yrden into every deck.

SK
The only faction that got control support? I think SK will be very strong this patch, simply because it will always have lot of targets.

NR
I think the knight archetipe will flop, it's just so vulnereable. The Maiden's Shield might be interesting in the Traveling Priestess deck though.

ST
The new cards are not that interesting and the buffs are probably not enought to make it good. IMO ST will be the 6th faction this season.

NG
I love the cultist archetipe, the idea is just so cool. Unfortunately it will probably take more than one season until someone comes up with a good cultist deck.

SY
The Townsfolk deck was always one of my favourite, can't wait to play it again.

Wow; I thought Draft would have at least updated by now. I still come here to check if that happened or a return of Arena announcement will ever come. It's like I've been stuck in purgatory every week I come back to check for what, a year and a half now, two? C'mon man!

Wow; I thought Draft would have at least updated by now. I still come here to check if that happened or a return of Arena announcement will ever come. It's like I've been stuck in purgatory every week I come back to check for what, a year and a half now, two? C'mon man!
I feel you, at this point you'd expected that Arena would be back at least, but no still failed Draft...

Then again, there are NG soldier or tactics players who had their hopes up for this patch:

Untitled-2.jpg

Well at this point, they can remove the Witchers from the game because the MO are already dead.

Last edited:
Year of the rework they said....

Patch 10.7: So disappointing, it is amazing! Wow.

C'mon CDPR this is a joke isn't it? The real patch notes come tomorrow, you are just taking us for a piss aren't you? Or you forgot the MO and NG patch notes??

rrc

Forum veteran
Farseer got a preemptive nerf same like Brouver when both of them were never the burning issue and the devs said that it is a "preemptive nerf". Makes me wonder if Preemptive Nerf is a new experimental department started in Gwent team which has taken ST as the first and only faction to test with. There are so many cards which are broken and need nerf, but ST has the privilege of getting nerfed preemptively. I want to thank the dev team for loving ST so much to give special care.

DRK3

Forum veteran
"Some" opinions:

- MO, ST and NR are getting boost-based archetypes support. Possibly SY too, depending on what all those hoarded coins are used in. That might make Yrden more viable than it has been for a very long time, and the "cryrivers" will pour, for nerfs to this card.

-Olgierd Immortal change is :coolstory:. Time dust off one of my favourite meme decks, the NG Alchemist swap deck, "Living Armor, you've just been replaced by Olgie boy!"

-Ornate Censer change, but in the livestream it showed it as an artefact. But in the patchnotes there is not mention of this change, so maybe that was a mistake? This might seem a small detail, but its very relevant considering how much easier it is to tutor specials than artefacts.

-F*** these old scenario name changes, nice step back guys.

-This royal inspiration rework will make it broken, and all NR decks will use it now.
There were 3 crap tier leader abilities, untouched for years: Invigorate, Onslaught (or the name it had previously, i forgot) and Royal Inspiration. This is the last of the 3 to be reworked and its almost certainly the most broken, it will be able to compete with Doublecross and Stockpile for the 'title'.

-Vandergrift's blade had an ability to boost knights for YEARS. Now that finally more knights are being added and getting support, what do they do? Change its ability :shrug: Also funny that even though its called Vandergrift's blade, it probably synergizes better with Seltkirk (his rival) and Anseis.

-the change to evolving cards, to keep their status and buffs is nice.

-Regarding the new cards, everyone is understandably focused on Renfri, but i am laughing at Renfri's gang, and i will explain why:
Not because they're weak, quite the opposite, but because of the explanation the devs gave in the stream, of how "poor Renfri decks" would need some thinning tools to compensate not having acces to Oneiro and other specials...
This shows me how naive they are, assuming it will just be used like they intended for a 12pt play... But for machiavellian players like me, it took less than 30min of evil planning to come up with a couple of decks that will abuse this thinning tool for absurd carryover. You can expect to see some of them soon on my 'deck of the day' thread, i promise. :smart:

MO
Untitled.png

Nilfgaard

Glynnis aep Loernach
- Provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
Of ALLLL the stuff that could be buffed in NG, the ONLY change is to Assimilate which don't need no buff at all!

You have to be COMPLETELY out of touch with this game to come up with this %#%#%^^!~.

Nekker Warrior- Power changed from 4 to 7.
This is just nerfing the weakest faction, kicking a dead horse...

Last edited:
"Some" opinions:

- MO, ST and NR are getting boost-based archetypes support. Possibly SY too, depending on what all those hoarded coins are used in. That might make Yrden more viable than it has been for a very long time, and the "cryrivers" will pour, for nerfs to this card.

-Olgierd Immortal change is :coolstory:. Time dust off one of my favourite meme decks, the NG Alchemist swap deck, "Living Armor, you've just been replaced by Olgie boy!"

-Ornate Censer change, but in the livestream it showed it as an artefact. But in the patchnotes there is not mention of this change, so maybe that was a mistake? This might seem a small detail, but its very relevant considering how much easier it is to tutor specials than artefacts.

-F*** these old scenario name changes, nice step back guys.

-This royal inspiration rework will make it broken, and all NR decks will use it now.
There were 3 crap tier leader abilities, untouched for years: Invigorate, Onslaught (or the name it had previously, i forgot) and Royal Inspiration. This is the last of the 3 to be reworked and its almost certainly the most broken, it will be able to compete with Doublecross and Stockpile for the 'title'.

-Vandergrift's blade had an ability to boost knights for YEARS. Now that finally more knights are being added and getting support, what do they do? Change its ability :shrug: Also funny that even though its called Vandergrift's blade, it probably synergizes better with Seltkirk (his rival) and Anseis.

-the change to evolving cards, to keep their status and buffs is nice.

-Regarding the new cards, everyone is understandably focused on Renfri, but i am laughing at Renfri's gang, and i will explain why:
Not because they're weak, quite the opposite, but because of the explanation the devs gave in the stream, of how "poor Renfri decks" would need some thinning tools to compensate not having acces to Oneiro and other specials...
This shows me how naive they are, assuming it will just be used like they intended for a 12pt play... But for machiavellian players like me, it took less than 30min of evil planning to come up with a couple of decks that will abuse this thinning tool for absurd carryover. You can expect to see some of them soon on my 'deck of the day' thread, i promise. :smart:
You were The first i thought when i see renfri.

And i think "oh shit, i made a chalenge to SY deck be The first, but now i want The drk" s renfri deck"

DRK3

Forum veteran
You were The first i thought when i see renfri.

And i think "oh shit, i made a chalenge to SY deck be The first, but now i want The drk" s renfri deck"

Your challenge is still up, my first deck will be SY, but i wont promise it will be great, as im having a tough time projecting how it will work.

Regarding Renfri... oh you're adorable... "the drk's renfri deck", like there will be only one... :ohstopit:
I can probably make 50 Renfri decks, if given enough time.
In matter of fact, a certain new thread must be made...

This is a bad joke to cripple Melusine Right?!, You didn't actually take 2nd and 3rd round Veil from the only useful Veiled Skellige card against the incredibly unfair Syndicate Poison strategy, or the incredibly cheap Nilfgaard lock and copy strategy, and no 3rd round high Melusine against the incredibly cheap 3rd round Siege deck that absolutely destroys low HP Melusine, surely you guys arent that numb to the reality of your own game, it may seem like a small change but it literally cripples the entire rain/storm strageties against so many high level strageties from other sets, so very very unfair, Im done playing the moment this happens, Its so apparent how cheap this is gonna be and I'm tired of making new decks

Not to mention guessing it will gain doomed as well when being resummoned despite how essential it is to all rain/storm strageties

Last edited:
Top Bottom