Patch Notes 10.7

+
I really can imagine players angry with that "renfri guy".

Really, why put so sutpid card in The game?

I may be the only one here that is fine with Renfri. It is a strong card for sure, but it is not so toxic at least not on its own. It use to play for 25 points more or less, 25 points for a 13 provisions card with a strong condition is not soo bad on my mind.

It has take NG hyperthin back to meta, that was all that I needed.

I hate to be negative about a game I really like, but for me the black sun expansion is significantly reducing my enjoyment of Gwent.

I cannot agree more. I literally was about to drop cash this paycheck, but after dealing with ridiculous x4 Eternal Eclipse decks or annoying sir-scratch-o-lot spams, I cannot justify it. It's like you either build one of these new decks and effortlessly stomp all over everyone or you hyper-focus on countering them, which leaves other playstyles feeling obsolete and pointless.

Since the release of the Rogue Mage I was only playing that, so I haven't even looked at the cards in this new expansion.
Now I see all these comments above and I think I might just skip this month to avoid disappointment :coolstory:

By the way, can someone explain why Renfri's curses are called "curses"? Curse is supposed to be something bad but she is actually giving two blessings to the player. I think it would have been more interesting if she actually gave a curse (look at the Rogue Mage implementation here)

My view regarding Renfri is as follows: I see her way too often.

So I would suggest to nerf her, somehow.

My ideas (please share your ideas regarding them, also a combination of the nerfs might be appropriate):

1) Deploy: If your starting deck has at least 25 units, Create a curse to replace your leader ability,
Order: Create a blessing and Infuse your leader ability with it.
If you control Renfris Gang gain Zeal.

2) Reduce base power/increase provisions

3) Reduce the power of new leader abilities/blessing

4) An adrenaline based nerf
Deploy: If your starting deck has at least 25 units, Create a curse to replace your leader ability, then Create a blessing and Infuse your leader ability with it.
Adrenaline 6: Both leader ability and blessing are created randomly.

Last edited:
Obviously have to add to the general chorus of disapproval - yes, this has been a really bad card drop. Several OP cards, Renfri is the worst card in some time (since original Viy?), double scenario decks are an abomination, etc. Made it to rank 2 but now given up on this month and hoping against hope for a drastic patch next month. I know it's naive of me!

But I also wanted to flag up a specific problem with the new scenarios which has been bugging me and I haven't seen anyone else mention. Scenario cards are divided into chapters, but the most of the new ones have ongoing Chapter 1 effects which persist after Chapter 2 has been triggered. This is just stupid. How can we be in Chapters 1 and 2 simultaneously? They either need the order switching, or a rewording of the descriptions.

Obviously have to add to the general chorus of disapproval - yes, this has been a really bad card drop. Several OP cards, Renfri is the worst card in some time (since original Viy?), double scenario decks are an abomination, etc. Made it to rank 2 but now given up on this month and hoping against hope for a drastic patch next month. I know it's naive of me!
If you like decent balance and skill expression, this game is playable 3/4 months out of 12. Remaining time is just a chore dealing with completely broken and unsustainable stuff.

I'll just wait for next meta reports: if it's full of Renfris, cats and binary strategies like Keltullis, automatic pass.

Since mass OP Neutral card drops (GN, Renfri) deck diversity died (no wonder why).
I stopped playing since GN drop and still don’t want to return

Since mass OP Neutral card drops (GN, Renfri) deck diversity died (no wonder why).
I stopped playing since GN drop and still don’t want to return

You missed a brief window of opportunity. About 4-8 weeks ago there was high deck diversity. Few GN decks because Aerondight was nerfed to 10 provs. With the new rogue mage patch, things have gotten horrible once again. I see the same 4 decks over and over now.

I am really wondering that were you thinking ,when you made refri.Are you happy now that everybody plays one card?This were your goal?Even a mediocre player such as myself, understand that refri is a very bad card for the health of the game and you dont?It supposed to be a game,that you use your brain, not a game that you are trying to fit in one card.(renfri)

Having played a bit more against expansion cards, I do want to acknowledge several positive things that this expansion has accomplished:
  1. It has recast, and, I believe, significantly opened the meta. I am slowly seeing new decks and significant variants within individual archetypes. And I think the new cards are still far from being mastered — I expect to continue to see new ideas over the next weeks and months.
  2. Except for SK, we are finally leaving removal heavy archetypes. Although the new cards are dominatingly powerful, leaving units and effects on the board to interact with at least leaves the possibility of interesting and creative tactical plays.
  3. Deck design is becoming very important. Any sort of consistent success with a deck requires very careful balance of threat and containment. Unfortunately, I suspect a lot of players rely upon published, successful decks (or minor adaptations of such) over their own creations, but building value to deck building is a positive step. And I think the way this is being accomplished has potential to positively affect game strategy as consistency also increasingly requires handling suboptimal card order. Tutoring/thinning doesn’t handle all critical moments.

I dont know why devs insist to create New neutral OP cards.

Every New patch is the same thing.

So you spent time developing New factions cards and no one use it because there is a New neutral card that Beat them all.

New knights and archtetype? Why if i can play renfri.

New SY scenario and cards? Why if i can play renfri?

Buff in harmony? Why if i can play renfri?

New NG scenario and archthetype? Why if i can play renfri?

Buff to thrive mo? Why if i can play renfri or an stupid New card with a leader that was not suposed to be player.

New SK scenario? Why if i can play renfri with The New bronze broken sk cards, like sk always get The most broken bronzes

Is it just me? I am finding Renfro far from the most dangerous of the new cards. Chapter 2 of most scenarios is just insane. Sir Scratch-A-Lot is borderline broken. In no way (at current bronze power level) is Deranged Corsair balanced. An unanswered Treasure Huntress is more dangerous than Renfri — and two Huntresses are available. Other new cards are also very good and may have uses I have not yet considered.

While it is very possible to make a good deck with 25 units, I think that the lack of flexibility in such decks will eventually push Renfri into the background. Yes, she plays for ridiculous points, but her synergies are very limited and her deck-building requirement often limits the potential of other cards.

Is it just me? I am finding Renfro far from the most dangerous of the new cards. Chapter 2 of most scenarios is just insane. Sir Scratch-A-Lot is borderline broken. In no way (at current bronze power level) is Deranged Corsair balanced. An unanswered Treasure Huntress is more dangerous than Renfri — and two Huntresses are available. Other new cards are also very good and may have uses I have not yet considered.

While it is very possible to make a good deck with 25 units, I think that the lack of flexibility in such decks will eventually push Renfri into the background. Yes, she plays for ridiculous points, but her synergies are very limited and her deck-building requirement often limits the potential of other cards.
I think its only you.

OK. We indeed have Sir scratch a lot, wich is a broken card too.

Treasure huntress more dangerous than renfri? What?

Well i am doing something really wrong here. In The Last few days i only player hidden cache, problably more than 50 games, made more than 10 diferent decks to try to make it works and i can easily say you are wrong.

Yes, Treasure Hunters can be very good, specially if you manage to have a good carryover in coins, but they arent so broken as you said (or better than renfri).

You need to spend 3 coins to get 1 in The end of The turn, so you need 3 turns to gain your 3 coins back. Ok ok, you can combo with townfolks or bincy, but Even that its not broken, only good.

Also The cards NEEDS other cards (townfolks, bincy) or its extremly low tempo, unless, as i said, you managed to get carryover (but also if you stack all your coins in one unit that unit Will be Block or killed).

One more time, i problably played more than 50 games (maybe 100) to know what i am saying.

Why not make Sir-Scratch-O-Lot a gold card and up its provision cost accordingly (or set its power to 1 and make it a potential easy snipe, although this could still not fix the problem for anyone who doesn't have a substantial amount of damage cards). Maybe change Imperial Practitioner to only effect special and unit cards (as far as I know scenarios don't count as special, given that they do not spawn the cow carcass for blightmaker). And jack up Renfri's provision cost to something utterly ridiculous to the point where having Renfri in your deck makes your deck a Renfri deck, rather than just an I-WIN button anyone can press. Simple fixes to some of the most broken stuff I've seen. I had a positive win-loss ratio before this patch came out, and now I'm sitting here on over double the losses of wins. In the vast majority of cases it's been because of one of those 3 cards (or combos in the case of the Eternal Eclipse+Imperial Practitioner spams), rather than being outplayed or outsmarted. It's tiring to play Gwent in its current form. These cards will all still be insanely good with these changes, but at least it won't feel hopeless to play against them.

Last edited:
Why not make Sir-Scratch-O-Lot a gold card and up its provision cost accordingly (or set its power to 1 and make it a potential easy snipe, although this could still not fix the problem for anyone who doesn't have a substantial amount of damage cards). Maybe change Imperial Practitioner to only effect special and unit cards (as far as I know scenarios don't count as special, given that they do not spawn the cow carcass for blightmaker). And jack up Renfri's provision cost to something utterly ridiculous to the point where having Renfri in your deck makes your deck a Renfri deck, rather than just an I-WIN button anyone can press. Simple fixes to some of the most broken stuff I've seen. I had a positive win-loss ratio before this patch came out, and now I'm sitting here on over double the losses of wins. In the vast majority of cases it's been because of one of those 3 cards (or combos in the case of the Eternal Eclipse+Imperial Practitioner spams), rather than being outplayed or outsmarted. It's tiring to play Gwent in its current form. These cards will all still be insanely good with these changes, but at least it won't feel hopeless to play against them.
Sir scratch is a Gold card

Sir scratch is a Gold card
I think he meant legendary as opposed to epic — although that won’t change how it is played.
Post automatically merged:

I think its only you.

OK. We indeed have Sir scratch a lot, wich is a broken card too.

Treasure huntress more dangerous than renfri? What?

Well i am doing something really wrong here. In The Last few days i only player hidden cache, problably more than 50 games, made more than 10 diferent decks to try to make it works and i can easily say you are wrong.

Yes, Treasure Hunters can be very good, specially if you manage to have a good carryover in coins, but they arent so broken as you said (or better than renfri).

You need to spend 3 coins to get 1 in The end of The turn, so you need 3 turns to gain your 3 coins back. Ok ok, you can combo with townfolks or bincy, but Even that its not broken, only good.

Also The cards NEEDS other cards (townfolks, bincy) or its extremly low tempo, unless, as i said, you managed to get carryover (but also if you stack all your coins in one unit that unit Will be Block or killed).

One more time, i problably played more than 50 games (maybe 100) to know what i am saying.
I wasn’t meaning to say Treasure Hunters was a better (or more OP) card than Renfri. What I intended to say was that I fear Treasure Hunter decks more than Renfri decks because they tend to be balanced and consistent rather than one-shot wonders. Unless appropriately countered, good Treasure Hunters decks will easily out perform Renfri — and, I think, any other deck that does not use one of the new, super-powered cards.

Of course, my perception could be skewed because I’ve only seen Treasure Hunters in the hands of good players; that is not true of Renfri.

Last edited:
I think he meant legendary as opposed to epic — although that won’t change how it is played.
Post automatically merged:

I wasn’t meaning to say Treasure Hunters was a better (or more OP) card than Renfri. What I intended to say was that I fear Treasure Hunter decks more than Renfri decks because they tend to be balanced and consistent rather than one-shot wonders. Unless appropriately countered, good Treasure Hunters decks will easily out perform Renfri — and, I think, any other deck that does not use one of the new, super-powered cards.

Of course, my perception could be skewed because I’ve only seen Treasure Hunters in the hands of good players; that is not true of Renfri.
Hahah so problably you didnt faced me, because I dont think i am a so good player kkk.

But yeah, when everything goes right (opponents doenst have so many removers) The "treasure Hunter deck" is pretty good.

I win a lot against renfri decks, also knight decks, MO decks.

Scenario and coins corryover its a massive round 3, so many times my oppoment left with zero cards because everything He plays its insta kill

Renfri is worse, because it doesn't just play for points, but gives leader abilities, on top of starting leader abilities, which are flexible, uncounterable, carryover, active, passive and potentially OP in terms of points and all at once. And there are TWO of them. This is before we start getting into stuff like Assimilate, which can play Renfri like 4 times.

It's always been a bad idea messing with leader abilities, but at least in the past it's been confined to NG, which is just a bad idea to begin with. Now that there's a neutral card, there is very little reason to play anything else, even if it's slightly awkward. Synergies are just not worth as much as access to 3 leader abilities.

Top Bottom